Disneyland ABDs - Parties?

eltorodiablo

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
I thought I've heard some reports of folks going on the Backstage Magic or Short Escape to Disneyland where their tour included the Halloween Party at DL. I could be misremembering, but this makes me curious about the DL After Hours events. The first night of our Short Escape in March falls on the 90's-themed After Hours. Considering that first night includes time in the park, is there a chance this will include entrance into the party?

The party goes from 9p-1a, which I assume means the park closes for guests at 8p. Hard to imagine our park time that night would be cut so short. Any thoughts or insight into this?

You might ask a Vacationista on what the plan is.

For our Short Escape in Oct. 2018, we did start the first night in Disneyland. But we did not get tickets to the Halloween Party in DL the next night. If I remember correctly, there are reports of guests in the longer 6-day Backstage Magic getting tickets to such events.

For a March tour, there might be other issues. Apparently the castle has scaffolding? That would hurt one of the key photo ops of this trip. World of Color is still broken, and Paint the Night isn’t running?

I did this ABD in October 2014 and we did receive tickets to the Halloween party, I believe for the first night we were at Disneyland. We were notified by mail about 60 days before the tour began that there was this change to the itinerary. I'm sure things have changed since then but I would say it is still a possibility. We purchased tickets on our own for the Friday night party and were able to attend twice. I agree you might check with the Vacationista, though they may not have that information until closer to your trip.

Was speaking with a Vacationista about some transfer modifications and asked about this. He is looking into it and expects to get back to me before COB tomorrow (Thursday). Both parks close at 8pm that night so I would hope they'd set us up to go to the After Hours event, but will certainly understand if they do not. Would hate to lose that night in the park though!

I can confirm that for the full length Southern California ABD in October did include Mickey's Halloween Party tickets on the night we arrived from Hollywood to Disneyland. We had a reserved area to view the parade & fireworks show. I can't say if short adventures have the same access or if it would include tickets to other add-on events. World of Color was not available to us & all the Vacationista could tell me prior to our departure was "something" would be replacing WoC for that evening. We had a reserved viewing area for Paint the Night. Since this was our first time doing the SC ABD, I couldn't say we felt like we missed anything as it was a fast paced tour but I was disappointed not to see WoC as we had heard wonderful things about it & won't be going back to DL anytime soon. Luckily WoC is scheduled to return by the end of Feb.
I would guess that if you really wanted to attend the After Hours party, you should get the tickets before they sell out. If ABD does happen to include it, ask for a reimbursement or at least call a Vacationista & ask if reimbursement is possible since they're not giving you the yea or nay about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!