Disneyland 5/30-6/1

luketims

Earning My Ears
i am taking my family to Southern California from 5/26 to 6/2. During the first stretch of that we will be in San Diego, but from Thursday 5/30 until Sunday morning of 6/2, we will be quite close to Disneyland. We have been to Disney World several times but never Disneyland.

My desire was to get a 3 day park hopper ticket for Thursday 5/30 - Saturday 6/1 and surprise my family. But when I started looking into it further I see where Star Wars’ Galaxy Edge will be debuting on Friday 5/31. My concern is whether it will be so packed that it just makes it a frustrating mess. Potentially, if we did the 3 day tickets, we would go to Disneyland on Thursday and then just California Adventure on Friday and Saturday, trying to get away from the crowd. Actually seeing Star Wars is a non-factor for us.

I’ve seen some speculation that is will be absolutely packed and impossible to do anything, and others have speculated that CA may not be so bad during Friday and Saturday with everyone over at SW. I would greatly appreciate everyone’s thoughts and inputs!

Prior to the reservation system it would have been a nightmare but while I think it will still be busy it wont be horrible since people wont be able to get into Galaxies Edge unless they have a reservation so it wont do any good to just show up and hope to get in.

Prior to the reservation system it would have been a nightmare but while I think it will still be busy it wont be horrible since people wont be able to get into Galaxies Edge unless they have a reservation so it wont do any good to just show up and hope to get in.

Thanks for the input. Do you like the plan of Thursday (day before SWGE opens) at Disneyland then switching to CA for Friday and Saturday? It looks like it’s a blackout for annual pass holders based on what I was seeing.

Son is 4
Daughter is 8

Both like Disney but associate with Pixar more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter