DisneyDudet's Disney Wedding PJ and MK Engagement Story!!

DisneyDudet

Disney Music Addict!
Ok, so I have been dreaming of a Disney Wedding for a super long time, but never thought it would happen to me. I always pictured myself with the big church wedding, inviting all of my family and my family's friends and such.

All things changed when I took my boyfriend (at the time), Rusty, to WDW for the first time in Feb 2012. At that point, we had been dating a smidge over 6 months. The trip was originally just my mother and I for the Princess Half Marathon. My mother was going to run with me, but her endurance hadn't picked up after finishing up her chemo and radiation treatments for breast cancer. So, we decided to have Rusty come and run in her place (he even wore her bib with her name on it!). Rusty wasn't too sure about Disney, as he had never been before. All he had known was Six Flags, which is what he thought Disney was... a bunch of rides and corny theming.

Boy was he wrong! The boy fell in love with Disney, and even registered for the Disneyland Half Marathon at the Princess Expo! Yay for another Disney trip planned! A mix up happened and my mom ended up having to go home on Rusty's flight the morning of our departure. Rusty had to be back to go to class that evening, so he had to leave before I did. When Rusty got home, the first thing he said was, "I want to go back to Disney World." !!!!!!!!! I was in HEAVEN!

Fast forward passed our Disneyland trip (which was great!) and to my birthday trip to WDW in December 2012. He had his last final for school to take after I had already booked the trip, so he came later and I extended the trip by 2 days for him. It was supposed to be my parents and us, but my dad had work, so he couldn't make it (no worries, we're going in February of this year). As we went to the Magic Kingdom the afternoon of my birthday (December 13) for my birthday dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern (which Rusty LOVES now), my mother wanted to have pictures made with me on my birthday. Once we finally found a photographer that was close enough to the castle for her (in the Rose Garden), it turns out she wanted just pictures of Rusty and I. After a few pictures, I was finished, as we needed to get to LTT!! I start to walk off and Rusty tells me to wait. I turn around and he's getting on one knee!! I ask what he's doing, and the only thing he can muster out of his mouth is, "Morgan, will you marry me?" I guess I said yes, because I kissed him long and hard!!!!! I GOT ENGAGED IN FRONT OF CINDERELLA CASTLE ON MY BIRTHDAY! What a dream come true!

So now, RUSTY wants a Disney World Wedding! How many grooms want that?!
Where we are now in the planning is we are going to talk to his family to see if they would be able to make it for a few days at WDW to come to the wedding. We plan on doing the Escape wedding, hopefully at WP, in October of this year. I want to be married to this man so badly!!

Tonight is the talk with his family. I've already chosen a photographer for our engagements in February at WDW (at Boardwalk) regardless of what happens. If their price is right, I will choose them for the wedding as well. That is all I've been able to do right now!! It is killing me that I can't do anything else.

Well, that's where we are! Here's hoping for the WP in October 2013!

I posted in the wrong forum... would someone whisk me away to the open planning journal forum? I can't pay attention, apparently!

Well, I've contacted 2 moderators, so hopefully someone will move my thread soon, but I will continue to add to it in the meantime...

Saturday, I went to Target with my parents and decided to check through the dollar bins. Its close to Valentine's Day, so there's a lot of pink out there right now. My colors are light pink (with some darker pink) and silver. I found a few pink wire baskets that can hold larger items and some small silver buckets that can hold small things, like the toppings for my ice cream sundae bar!! Plus, they had some PINK sprinkles... I'm quite excited about those things... This helped me figure out what kind of style we will have when we have our in-town reception. I am wanting to use large mason jars as vases for my tables... A little bit country-ish.

I called Monday to attempt to get penciled-in for the date I wanted. Monday was 9 months out. The took down my information and told me they would call me back in 2-3 days to talk more. Well, Wednesday and Thursday went by without a call. So, today, I called before I went and tried on dresses for the first time. They tried to get me in touch with someone, but no one was answering, so they told me they would call me back later in the day. I was skeptical, but I let it go. As I was trying on dresses (I may have found the one!), I called them again. The receptionist went and found my consultant and she was on the phone with another bride. He told me she would call me immediately after getting off the phone with that bride. My phone didn't end up ringing, but a voicemail alert went off. I ended up having to call her back and FINALLY got to talk to someone! I am penciled in for a date, and there are no others that have requested the date so far. I'm not looking forward to the idea that I may have to take my chance if someone wants the date and time, but I will figure something out.

Until next time... Hopefully I will be in the right forum by then!

Congratulations on getting engaged! Who did you decide on for photographers? I love the Arndts!

Congratulations on getting engaged! Who did you decide on for photographers? I love the Arndts!

We have chosen the Arndt's!

Since my last post, I see that it has not moved. I have contacted moderators again. This is getting QUITE irritating, as I don't want to keep posting if no one will even read it.

I am in the middle of an assignment, but I thought that I would see if my thread was moved.. which is wasn't. When I finish my assignment, I will update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!