Disneydaveys Dlp Trip Sept 04 Day 2

disneydavey

Mouseketeer
Day 2: The Studios
Cast:
Dave ::MickeyMo
Caroline ::MinnieMo

Well well its morning already is it, and one hour ahead which is worse, me and Caroline are not morning people, well she is but I’m like a bear with a sore head till at I’ve at least had something to eat.
So breakfast it is down at the Cape Cod Restaurant, having been led to believe that it was just a continental brekkie, Caroline was not impressed and insisted that “Alls its going to be is Croissants and Coffee!!” so I tried to convince her otherwise while making our way to the restaurant.
I didn’t convince her but the breakfast sure did, there was plenty to have to eat, Cereals, yoghurts, tea and toast, fruit juice so she was happy by the time we’d ate.
We actually took our time on breakfast rather than rush through everything and just take the day as calmly as possible because its pointless rushing through everything as you wont enjoy it as much, seeing as I’d seen everything I wasn’t in a great hurry to get round everything, and that suited Caroline who’d worn 3 pairs of shoes in the space of 24 hours and isn’t the keenest on walking round places, particularly crowded places unless its to buy shoes in which case you wont see her for dust.
Had a good start to the day really, filled up with vittles and ready to rock, Caroline asked me the night before if we could go on the train that goes right round Park Disneyland, course we can love, shouldn’t take too long going round, so we get to the Station at Main Street, just missed it, ok 10 mins wait for the next one no problem, problem is its 20 minutes waiting, we board and its another 10 minutes before it leaves the station!!!!!
When it does leave, the drive insist on stopping at Frontier land for at least 10 minutes whilst we understand there’d be people getting off, there weren’t people wanting to get on, this occurred at all three stations, fortunately we where in the same cart as a lovely English couple so it was nice to hear a friendly voice. When we get back to Main Street you could see people weren’t happy with the wait, don’t they normally have a couple of trains on?
But I’ve been on it now so its not my problem, so hand stamped and on to the Studios.
Anyway on with the show, first off we went through all the shops in Studio 1 just to see what was on offer, nothing, just as I thought. The next place? Rock n Roller Coaster of course, the best and only “proper” ride in the Studios, I’m the type of person who would go on a Roller Coaster anytime of day regardless of how much I ate and how unwell I was feeling, I really don’t care, and as I found out, Caroline is exactly the same, perfect.
So on we go, I love this ride and have always been a fan of Aerosmith so this ride always appeals to me, something about the speakers in the seats that add to the thrills, I do love screaming out their songs when I’m on this while everyone else screams for dear life.
After that we got our photo from there (souvenirs are great)and had that delivered to our room to pick up in the shop later on, always an excellent idea, and sure enough it was there later on.
Where to next well the problem with the Studios as a lot of the shows/attractions are all timed really so its trying to go on something at a certain time and then make sure you can make the next attraction so it goes in one motion, fortunately with the park being quite quiet it was a lot more satisfying knowing that we could take our time and give it a miss and come back another day to see something we may have missed.
So in a nutshell here’s what we did this day
Animagique – with a song more annoying than small world but a lot more palate pleasing, a very good show cracking songs and a great way to learn the songs from the Disney cartoons in French
Cinemagique – was wondering whatever happened to Martin Short after the 3 Amigos lol, another very good show, combining staged actors and special effects, I suppose this could be a good show if it where also in 3-D like the Honey I Shrunk The Audience show, but still very good, and a bit like the Great Movie Ride but without the moving cart.
Motuers Action! – well what more needs to be said about this bad boy, possibly the best attraction at the Studios and one of Disney’s best Choreographed shows, no wonder they’re bringing it to the states, it will prove to be one of the popular shows now that perhaps Indiana Jones is starting to show signs of aging.
Studio Tram Tour – with the excellent Jeremy Irons, one of my favourite actors as the compare for the tour, super duper, Catastrophe Canyon still makes me chuckle, but a twist to the other part of the tour in the London scene for Reign of Fire, last time I was there I don’t recall the dragon fire, which was a bit of a help because for some reason regardless of the weather(near 75 degrees) its still freezing on that tram tour, so that helped warm the cockles lol.
The Art of Disney Animation – thought this was going to be better tbh, but never mind, it was good to sit down for 20 mins or so, one problem I do have with the headphone procedure is the lack of a volume control in the headphones, because your trying to watch one thing and listen to another, but you can hear the French speaking host/translators and does become a bit frustrating when you lose concentration, so Disney a hint – VOLUME CONTROL, please make it go to Eleven rather than Ten cheers.
Anyway that was pretty much it for the Studios, decided to give Armageddon a miss so we had a reason to come back later on in a day or so, or not depends how we felt.
So by now its around 5.30 and hunger sets in, so we decided just to get a snack for now and book in at Café Mickey for the evening, with a rather unhappy English chappy in front of us because he couldn’t get in at 5 because they where preparing for the evening reservations, fair enough, next the happy chappy says after we’d listened to the rants and raves of this fella, he turns to us knowing we where behind him and says “Oh, just deal with these two”.
THESE TWO???????? The cheeky $£!7 I was fuming the cheeky sod just because he couldn’t get in now, so I said my bit to him(which wont be repeated as this is a family show)and the lady gladly put our reservation in with no problems(I didn’t think it was in the British nature to argue, so I kept up that tradition)and the lady said to me
“I told him he could have had a table when he came in at 4 but he said he’d come back after 5, and I told him he wouldn’t be able to due to us setting up for 6.30”

So after my little “less of the lip” discussion with my fellow British tourist(stereotypical one he was as well sandals with white socks, short shorts and a white vest, England Cap etc) we made our way back to the hotel, with at least 3 hours to kill before having to get sorted for the evening, what better chance than now to check out our amenities in the hotel.
The pool at the NPB is splendid, nice and big with the outdoor part to boot, though it was a bit too late to use the outdoor part, there was certainly time to use the indoor, very nice pool, bit cold but it was a warm enough day anyway. Then there’s the kids pool /hot tub, I think this is the kids pool though didn’t see many kids in there, maybe they where kicked out by the adults, I had to laugh at one kids dad who DID kick him out of the smaller pool, the kid starts moaning because he wanted to go in this one to which the dad pipes up “look at the size of the bloody pool you’ve got there, ungrateful sod!”.
So after a nice little swim, it’s off to the sauna or hammam whatever your choice may be. We chose the hammam not knowing what it was, well it’s just a big steam room, great for clearing the skin and pores from a days slog in the parks, face came out sparkling, great stuff.

An hours siesta later and its off to Café Mickey, great restaurant this as its so much nicer when the characters come to YOU rather than you run your guts out to see Mickey or Goofy or whoever, and not to mention the meals, we both decided on the Hunny Pot Ribs, oh my God the nicest ribs I’ve had in ages, they just fell off the bones, superb.
Total cost of meals including drinks (no alcohol) about €40.
More shopping ensued whilst ordering the presents for people to pick up in a day or so, they’ve got some great shops in that Disney Village, I know they aren’t the biggest and a lot seem to sell the same, but its great when you can just buy everything in one place isn’t it?
Time now 11.30 and time for bed said Zebedee (well Caroline anyway).
Next Day
Friday and the Park that is Disneyland.

P1010042.jpg

P1010049.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010018.jpg

GREAT trip report, disneydavey - great fun to read - I can just imagine it all, the way you tell it. The Studios shop is great - typical male - (sympathy to Caroline!!) Made me even more impatient to go - we're off on Monday - can't wait!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter