disney world to miami car rental and car seats

sddis

Earning My Ears
We're leaving disney on a saturday, picking up a car rental at the car care center and then heading to miami. The rental is being returned to FLL airport. The cost is $550 through national, but I paid through chase UR points, so it was free from my perspective. It's a 4 day rental for a fullsize. Seems kinda of expensive to me, so I wanted to know if I can do better? Like perhaps I should look at offsite rentals?

Secondly, I wanted to know what everyone does for car seats? It would be $10.99 per day per car seat for me, so for two kids, its around $90. The kids will be 6 and 3 when we go this summer. I figure for that kind of money I could probably get a booster seat and a car seat brand new while we are statying at disney. The 6 year old is a petite girl, so we're not on a booster yet. But it might be okay by this summer. The 3 year old definitely needs a car seat. I'm kinda leaning towards the car rental car seats as I would assume they are sturdier. Looking at the cheap car seats on amazon, they don't instill much confidence!

I'd probably do the car rental seats if I could pay with points, but it appears its an addon that you pay for at the car rental place.

Any advice on disney car rentals and car seats?

That rental price does seem high, and it's probably due to the dropoff at a different location. Those dropoff fees can be very different from company to company. I've had differences from $400 to $0 in various scenarios.

I would certainly double-check those prices and see if you can do better with another company...although you may or may not be able to use points. Be sure you compare TOTAL cost, not just the per-day cost.

Your 6 year old is not required to have a car seat or booster under Florida law. Obviously, however, the safety of the child is paramount, so it's your call. Here's a link to the official info from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles:

https://www.flhsmv.gov/safety-center/child-safety/safety-belts-child-restraints/

Fly the 3 year old down using the car seat on the plane (you can also check it gate or otherwise but you should bag it and inspect it carefully when it returns as it runs the risk of damage). For the 6 year old consider a bubble bum inflatable car seat or bring a low back car seat on the plane - not to use but as a carry on and place it under the seat I. Front or in the overhead compartment

When are you coming and what are your plans in Miami? Lots of cool stuff for kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!