Disney World tickets no longer listed on Air Miles

I’m really interested to see what happens as well. I’m saving up all my airmiles and Optimum points and credit card rewards to hopefully fully fund a late 2021 trip with rewards. Right now I have our cards set to Dream for tickets and flights. I may have to switch to a combo of Dream and Cash if tickets become ridiculous or obselete with Dream miles. We are really starting to rack up some airmiles so I’d like to plan my strategy soon. Feeling a little impatient.

wondering where you use your Optimum points to help with Disney trip.

What some of us do is use our Optimum or Airmiles cash points to buy our groceries, gas, etc. Things we have to buy anyways. Then take that money that we didn't have to use for groceries, and put that money into our trip funds. Or if you purchase $100 worth of groceries, through in $100 worth of Disney GCs. Use your points towards your groceries, but pay $100 for your Disney GCs. So it feels like you're getting the Disney GCs for free in a way.

Hope that wasn't too confusing. LOL

That's the math I just did :) It's much better math than a couple of years ago when it was about the same as using cash miles.

I am curious though - where did you find the price for the flex tickets? I plan to upgrade mine to annual passes so need to figure out how much 7 day flex tickets would be worth. I poked around but couldn't find anything on the Disney site. I did find reference to the $627 on some discount sites though.

How exactly does the upgrade work?

How exactly does the upgrade work?

My understanding is that I should be able to go to a guest service counter or ticket booth and tell them I want to upgrade the ticket to an annual pass. They should be able to figure out what the ticket is worth (hopefully price bridge it to USD $627 since it was purchased from Air Miles?). That value should be applied towards the current cost of an annual pass and I will pay for the difference.

About 3 years ago, I had upgraded a base ticket I got from Air Miles and added a hopper option and this was what happened. Hoping it won't be too different although I have heard some CMs don't know how to do it properly.

Apparently when I am there after entering a park once, I should be able to go on the MDE app and double check the cost of the upgrade .

Like mentioned above, I save my points until I hit $50. Once I hit $50 I use the points to take that amount off my groceries and buy a $50 Disney gift card.

Like mentioned above, I save my points until I hit $50. Once I hit $50 I use the points to take that amount off my groceries and buy a $50 Disney gift card.

I do this as well. You just have to make sure the value of your groceries is more than the value of the GC you purchase and they will let you redeem.

I upgraded to AP from Canadian ticket through AM last year. Was easy to do at gate, made no impact on FP and I did not use the ticket first. Note that I only got the value of the Canadian ticket price against it, so if you have full price and discounted tickets in your party, upgrade the most expensive one you have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter