Disney World through a toddler's eyes-Sept. 2014

Planning Mama

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone and welcome to my very first trip report! I will be sharing the adventures of my son's first trip to Walt Disney World. As my name suggests, I am a super-planner who likes to have most everything worked out ahead of time, yet having an energetic 2.5 year old son has taught me to go with the flow.:cool1:

First some introductions: My family consists of me, Holly, my husband Josh, and our son Spencer. Travelling with us this trip will also be my mother-in-law, Debi.

Our vacation will have us staying at Art of Animation for a wonderful 8 days and 7 nights. My plan is to show some of the highlights of our trip including all the times when my detailed planning gets thrown out the window due to the whims of a toddler.:rotfl2: I'm also planning to throw in some dining reports and reviews as well. Growing up we always did Disney on a budget which meant making food at the condo and counter service meals. We would always have one nice sit-down meal but that was it. Now that I'm planning my own trips I'm including a lot more table service meals. I can and will share which of these were toddler friendly as well. I hope anyone who follows along on our journey enjoys the ride and I will do my best to answer any questions.

Our trip begins in 10 days...

So I was planning to post a cute pic of my son with his paper chain that we are using to count down the days till Disney. Which I still am by the way. See...

But I also wanted to share some pixie dust that was sprinkled on me today. I planned our FP+ 60 days out for our entire stay but, alas, no Anna and Elsa meet and greets to be found :( It wasn't a huge deal because my son isn't too crazy about Frozen by my mother-in-law and I am. I was in for quite the shocker when I got an email update from the Sept. FP+ cancellation board that said there were a ton of A&E fp's available on the Wednesday of our trip! I went and checked and there were a ton available for several days of our trip! I was able to snag one that fit in perfectly with our schedule a week out. So anyone out there mourning the loss of a short wait to meet Anna and Elsa, never fear, it is possible pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter