Disney World strollers

voodooboy

To Infinity and Beyond
I have a question regarding the strollers at WDW. My wife and I are Disney veterans but have not been back in about 2.5 years since the birth of our child. We are ready to take our daughter on her first trip but we have some reservations about using the park provided rental strollers. My question is probably directed to a person that has been to the parks recently and has taken stroller age children. My question is this, do the strollers lay down and do they have a shade top or convertable top so kids can sleep in them? We are going in April and would love any incite anyone can offer. It will help us to decide weather to bring our own stroller, Thanks.

We went in October and weren't originally going to get a stroller but we got one at Epcot and at MK-we have a 3 and 6 yr old-now 4 and 6. We thought the strollers were excellent. I believe they were $15.00 per day and you received one Disney Dollar when you returned it. We had a double one to fit both children. I think it had cup holders, which was nice and a lot of pockets to store stuff on the back of the stroller.

They put your name on a card and put it in the back of the stroller so when you leave it outside a ride and come out you know what one is yours. They fit on the boats without having to fold them up-example, the boat from one part of Epcot to another.

I can't remember if our kids laid down in them but I'm sure someone will know.

They did have a cover which kept them shaded-and it had a little window in it on the top so you could see what they were doing.

We loved the strollers.

I appreciate you information. With the current limits on air travel I would prefer to leave our stroller at home. It would be nice to use the strollers at the park. Thanks again!

We were there in September with our 18 month old dd and used the park stroller at MK. They are hard plastic and do not recline. They do have plenty of room in them and with a blanket or small pillow, can probably be comfortable. They ride very smoothly. We took our own stroller too but didn't want to worry about it getting taken or having to fold it up, etc. for rides on the train or monorail. We are going back this year and haven't decided yet if we will rent or use our own since our own would be much more comfortable. However, we had no problem getting our dd to ride in the stroller and usually she hates to. Also, go to www.wdwig.com and she has extensive info about the strollers including pictures.

Hope this helps.

We were there this last fall and I remember hating WDW strollers. There was no way of hanging our backpack on it because of the design of the push bar. Very little storage space. (Does Disney want us to buy lots of souvineers or not?) And they were hard. I remember thinking, "If we had just brought our own...". And at $8 or $15 (for dbl) a day...OUCH! One day we were only planning on staying 1/2 day in the parks and my 6 yr old was whining to sit in the stroller that my 4 yr old had. I informed her that I was not paying the extra cash for just a few hours in the park when she had no legitimate reason for not walking. She readily pulled out her personal stash of Disney Dollars and gave them to me to pay for her own stroller.

That's my opinion.

My DH and I were just at WDW in Nov. w/ our 2&3 year olds. We both agreed that the stollers were the BEST investment we made out of the entire trip. There is a velcro strap on the back that you can attach your bag to and if you put the window down (from the top )it hides the bag. There are huge net pockets on the back plenty of room inside and it turns on a DIME! My two year old napped in it daily (whew!) and my 3 year old (who hates stollers) thought it was fun. It does not recline but we put their jackets behind them and, judging from my 2 year olds REM sleep, it was very comfortable. You cant take it on the steam train but they will give you a new one at your destination. Remember to attach something personal to it to distinguish it from the others. The cast members tend to rearrange them during the rides.

Despite the air travel situation, strollers are still being accepted at the gate with no problem.

I would strongly suggest you bring your own as you'll probably want it at the airport and at your resort as well. Not to mention that your child will likely feel more comfortable in their own familiar stroller, especially if you want then to nap. JMHO.

Anne

Just got back the other night. DD is almost 5 and I insisted on a stroller. DH balked at the $$...8$ w/ a disney dollar back upon return. It is shaded, my daughter is tall, I brought her favorite pillow case and she fell asleep for about an hour before the parade. As someone else posted, its the best investment on property. I had no problem putting my duffle bag on the "roof" of the stroller, it never fell. We also used the compartments for drinks etc. I feel a stroller is necessary for the little one's legs, its alot of walking and the adults are tired enough. JMHO. You keep your receipt and if you go to another park during that day, the carriage is free. I've also left things in the stroller while on rides, not my wallet or video camera, but sweaters and such, and they've always been there when we get back. I will definately get one again in December.

The double stroller we rented was similar to a jogging stroller,sort of a soft canvas. My kids fell asleep in it. It doesn't recline but is in a semireclining position.

We're bringing our own Combi travel stroller for our 2 year old and we plan to rent a single stroller for our 4 year old. We'll see which works out best.

We were down at WDW in January with DS(18 months) and had our stroller but decided to rent one day since we were worried about losing our stroller at the parks. Some thoughts on pros/cons:

Pros:
Don't have to worry about losing the stroller.
Easy to maneuver considering the size.

Cons:
Can't take it out of the park; therefore no stroller from the park to your car or transportation.
Don't have it at the airport; therefore you have to carry the child from gate to gate.
Hard plastic - not as comfortable.
Low to the ground - you have to bend way down.
Very little storage space.

Our conclusion was that it didn't make sense spending money and having our child be less comfortable. So we will continue to take our stroller in the future.

It's still a great option that Disney is offering for those who forget to bring their stroller or older toddlers who needs some relief at the parks.

We went in November 2000 with twin one year olds. We stayed on property and tried to use our own stroller, but with getting in and out of the buses, it was really difficult. About mid-way through the trip the driver of the bus closed the door while the last member of our family who was carrying the stroller was getting off and bent the stroller. (It is amazing how strong those doors are.) Any way, our camera which was in a closed compartment on the stroller was also broken. The rest of the trip, we rented the strollers in the park and found them to be much more convenient. Although they were plastic and did not recline, the twins had no problem sleeping in them. One suggestion, tie something to your stroller so that you know it is yours when you get off the rides (and so that others don't think it is theirs.)

If you have one child then a double stroller will be large enough for the child to lay down in. They do not recline, they do have a canopy. We have used a double on both our trips w/ a 2yo and a 5 yo and again when they were 3 and 7. They fussed a little when they would touch one another but they had plenty of room and when we go again this year with a 2, 5, and 8 yo we will get at least one and have not decided on the second stoller. We will use one for our 8 yo because there is alot of walking. Anyway, suggestion if you are travelling by plane: I have done this a couple of times and you get a few looks but it works GREAT!!--
use a luggage carrier/roller and strap your child's car seat to it and buckle the child in it and roll them through the airport. This way you don't have to travel w/ another item(stoller) and rent a car set when you get there. I did this w/ a 6mo old and 2 yo and it worked out very nicely. Like is said, you will get some strange looks but when you travel w/ 3 you go lightly!!

Originally posted by jlieblaw :
go to www.wdwig.com and she has extensive info about the strollers including pictures.
I went over to wdwig.com to get information about strollers. I found details, but could not find pictures.

Would anyone be so kind as to post a direct link please??

My dd is 5 & lazy. She won't even walk to the car for the Walmart. I am sure we will rent her a stroller from WDW. Are the single riders $8.00 & then you get $1.00 back when you return it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter