Disney World, Pregnant, and 2 boys

matt314hew

Mouseketeer
Ok, so my trip in September will be our boys 2nd (they are 4 and 7 - went when they were 1 and 4) and my wife is pregnant. While there are a good number of rides we can do as a family, I was wondering what woudl be the best way to do some of the rides she can't do (Slinky dog dash, barnstormer, etc). I knwo the rider swap is meant for waiting with a child who can't ride and wouldn't work for us.

Has anyone else dealt with this before? and if so, what did you end up doing?

Could we all get fast passes? and could 2 of us ride and then I take her band and ride again with my other son?

Ok, so my trip in September will be our boys 2nd (they are 4 and 7 - went when they were 1 and 4) and my wife is pregnant. While there are a good number of rides we can do as a family, I was wondering what woudl be the best way to do some of the rides she can't do (Slinky dog dash, barnstormer, etc). I knwo the rider swap is meant for waiting with a child who can't ride and wouldn't work for us.

Has anyone else dealt with this before? and if so, what did you end up doing?

Could we all get fast passes? and could 2 of us ride and then I take her band and ride again with my other son?

Sounds like a rider swap type moment that would work to me:).

Your 7 year old is old enough he can ride in the row in front of you while you ride in the row behind with the four year old. That way wife can get her own FP for something else or only has to wait while you ride once.

Your 7 year old is old enough he can ride in the row in front of you while you ride in the row behind with the four year old. That way wife can get her own FP for something else or only has to wait while you ride once.

He is small for his age and most likely would not be ok with riding in the row by himself. But that is definitely an option.

Yep, it is very kid specific. They would match him with another rider, so it is all down to how social he is. I ride with my twins so one always has to go on a different row from me on barnstormer and 7DMT and they really like making a “new friend” with the rider next to them.

If it doesn’t work for you though, I would go the four FP method and use your wife’s band for the ride with the second child. There seem to be pretty inconsistent reports of how the new digital rider switch is working and I wouldn’t want you to be stuck unable to get rider switch.

Yep, it is very kid specific. They would match him with another rider, so it is all down to how social he is. I ride with my twins so one always has to go on a different row from me on barnstormer and 7DMT and they really like making a “new friend” with the rider next to them.

If it doesn’t work for you though, I would go the four FP method and use your wife’s band for the ride with the second child. There seem to be pretty inconsistent reports of how the new digital rider switch is working and I wouldn’t want you to be stuck unable to get rider switch.

THanks we didn’t know if we could do the sharing of magic band. Didn’t want to do something against Disney right rules.

THanks we didn’t know if we could do the sharing of magic band. Didn’t want to do something against Disney right rules.

There was a time when people would cheat by loading fastpasses on extra magic bands, but disney put an end to that by requiring that a magic band be scanned for admission at the park entrance before it can be used at the park that day for FPs. So your wife could not stay at the resort and give you her band to use, but once she enters the park it should be fine to use her band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!