Disney World or College Graduation

SheilaHeartsDisney

Yay Me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok so my boyfriend should be graduating college this May. However before he even thought to look for what date it was graduation we scheduled a Disney Trip from May 9 to May 16. My boyfiend and I do go every year however this year we will be going with alot of his Family. He keeps asking me if he should go to graduation or go to disney. With Disney we don't know when we will ever get another trip with the whole family. But with graduation you only get to do that once. At first he said he didn't care about walking in graduation becuase it took him 2 years more to finish up and his friends are no longer there with him. He said he may be able to walk in December for graduation so I don't know what to tell him. What advice could I give him to make him make up his mind? Thanks

Well, will his family still be going to Disney? I walked in my college graduation for the sake of my mom and my grandparents. I did it for them, and if they couldn't have been there I probably wouldn't have done it. The other thing I enjoyed was sitting with people I'd had all the classes with, and who had been on the journey with me. If he won't have that, it's another reason to skip it. You still get your degree, either way. My advice to him would be to ask his mom/dad/guardian or whoever. If they want it and want to be there, he should do it.

Just to clarify, his family is going to be at Disney instead of the graduation?

If so, I would go to Disney. :goodvibes
To me, walking to get your diploma is only a big deal if you have family that wants to see it.

We left for our trip last May first thing in the morning after my DH's graduation. We would have considered going earlier (to avoid Memorial Weekend crowds) and skipping the graduation, but his mom really wanted to see him graduate (she hadn't been able to make it to his undergrad graduation).

We did the graduation on Saturday, had a little party at my parents' house, and left with the kids Sunday morning for FL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter