DISNEY WORLD OR BUST!!!!! September 2015

Team Agent P

<<<<N8R>>>> it's how I roll
:welcome: to the Team Agent P pre-trip report!!!!!!

This report will be the first official trip planning report I have every posted on Dis-Board so please bear with me if I don't quiet get the format down :-).

OK to start with is the cast of characters for this crazy train we are calling a vacation.

MYSELF: LUCKY (yes that is my real name lol) 41yrs young Disney nut!!! I am the general manager of one of the oldest family own funeral homes west of the Mississippi River. (I only state this to emphasize how little time I get off work, which is why vacations are so special to me)

Disney Wife: Amy 42yrs likes Disney (I believe for my sake) but she has fun as long as I do all the planning :joker:. She is a stay at home Mother and wife and runs the household with an iron fist:rolleyes1

Disney Son: Alex 7yrs thrill seeker and a realist (will touch on this more later) love Disney like his old man:love:. He is a student and a science geek (like his daddy8-)) and the love of my life!!!!!

WHEN: September 25, 2015 ----October 1, 2015

STAYING: Pop Century

WHY: It's Disney Duh!!!!

Explaining our title: Well let's see ......where to start :car:

DISNEY WORLD OR BUST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My wife and I went to Disney World for the first time in 1996 for our honeymoon (Two years after our wedding be we won't go there :P ) It took us some time to save some money for our first home and with the little left over we went to WDW (I planned for a year).......family said we were crazy, but heck that's us LOL!!! It was a GREAT!!!! vacation.

After that first GREAT time we went I focused on college and starting my career>>>>>>>fast forward a few years and even though we went on a lot of vacations for the next 14 years we never made it back to Disney. Then after 14 years of what I thought was the prefect marriage my son came into the world and made my life perfect.....

Once my son was three we took him on a Disney Cruise and he fell in love with Disney as much as my self.......So when he turned four we went to WDW with my wife's parents and my son REALLY wanted to go every year :teeth:. However, I accepted the job that I am at now, it is everything we worked for through the <working nights> the "ramen noddle" days everything but time off became a problem. Every time I planned a Cruise or trip to Disney something happened at work right at the time to take our trip (someone retired...death in family... owner having to go overseas)and I had to cancel and it was hard to reschedule with the rest of my workers and Alex's school so it would get put off. My son took it in strides and has never complained SO this year I said WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD NO MATTER WHAT!!!! and guess what ..........we really are :cloud9:.

Last edited:
SO WHY ARE WE SAYING AT POP CENTURY: We had several friends wounder why we are staying at POP when there are so many better choices in Disney World...........well it was not my first choice...... when we went in '96 we stayed at All Star Music and thought it was the best. Now when I started planning this trip I looked into all the different resorts that Disney offered. After all the research I really wanted to stay at the Contemporary Resort, however, my wife wanted to stay at an all-star resort saying that the value resorts were the only ones that are "pure Disney" well I was not going to have that I am the man of the house and the Lord of the Castle so I put my foot down and after some begging and some growling yeah we are staying at a value resort :tilt:................No really she just asked me how much time we really spend in the room on vacation and I had to admit not much at all so we looked again and agreed on POP.

TIME FOR THE "Preliminary" ITINERARY:

9/25 We are flying from St. Louis by way of Southwest Airline, right after I close up the books at work........and we will arrive at Orlando around 9:50 P.M........Happy Limo will pick us up and take us strait to POP.

9/26 Start the trip with HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS (ADR at H&V)

9/27 MAGICAL KINGDOM (8:00 am ADR at Crystal Palace)>>>>>>MNSSHP

9/28 sleep in for morning and then back to HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS with Fantasmic show

9/29 MAGICAL KINGDOM (ADR for BOG beakfast and then off to Hoop-de-doo for dinner)

9/30 End with ANIMAL KINGDOM (ADR Tusker House for lunch) will go to DTD in evening with dinner at T-REX

10/1 Limo will take us back to airport to Fly Home

Last edited:
Following along! Great start to the trip report! Good for you for sticking to your vacation no matter what this year.

Joining in! Following from FB group. Enjoying your start so far!

Following along! Great start to the trip report! Good for you for sticking to your vacation no matter what this year.
Welcome!!!! Yes I am going to stick to my plans......and I have been planning like crazy :)

Joining in! Following from FB group. Enjoying your start so far!
Welcome "September friend" I am not much of a writer but I thought I would give this a try!!!

i'm from the September FB page :) I'll be there September 19-27th, and we'll be staying at All Star Sports (we were supposed to be staying at Coronado, our first time in a moderate, but things got crazy with free dining). So excited!!!

Saw this on the FB group, looking forward to reading about your trip!

This sounds like it's going to be such an amazing trip for you guys!! I'm so excited for you guys! Looking forward to the trip report :)

i'm from the September FB page :) I'll be there September 19-27th, and we'll be staying at All Star Sports (we were supposed to be staying at Coronado, our first time in a moderate, but things got crazy with free dining). So excited!!!
Welcome thanks for looking!!!!!! SO cool you got the free dining!!

Saw this on the FB group, looking forward to reading about your trip!
Thanks for reading......love our FB group friends......I am not much of a writer but I will try to make this fun :)

This sounds like it's going to be such an amazing trip for you guys!! I'm so excited for you guys! Looking forward to the trip report :)
Thank you!!! I am really looking forward to this trip!!!

CHAPTER II : Starting to Plan :teacher:

OK a little more about myself I am a CRAZY PLANNER, with any vacation plans, but especially with my few Disney vacations.

I started to plan this trip around six months ago (around mid-January). I started purchasing tour planning books and going on web sites to make sure I am up to date with anything new going on that was not happening the last time we were there (4 years ago). A lot of things have changed and are different but I am getting up to speed:drive:.

I know, for everyone reading this, you know what I am talking about with my planning.....that's why you belong to this site, because planning is part of the adventure. My wife does not understand the joy of making plans :crazy:. Now I do take planning a little too far on occasion, like, when I start to plan in 15min blocks .....but that is why my wife and I make such a good couple, cause she will slap me back to reality.....I mean we are on vacation.

BUT come on who does not just love getting up a the crack of dawn just to try to get the ADRs that you want.....and then once you do get the right ones you have to keep looking everyday to see if you can get one a little better :tongue:.

All joking aside, this trip does mean quite a bit to me.....my son is growing up so fast and I just want a few more years of Magic.....I know he is only 8 but as stated earlier he is a realist.

Yes my son Alex is a realist: You may be Asking what is a realist, well let me try to explain:

A optimist will say the glass is half full

A pessimist will say the glass is half empty

A realist will say "why did I only get half a glass......did someone drink the other half.....are we only allowed half or can I get more....Etc. Etc. Etc."

Don't get me wrong I am very happy he was blessed with his mothers brain (and my devilish good looks:rolleyes:) but sometimes I feel he misses out on some of the magic of fantasy.pixiedust:

Example of loving the fantasy: I love meeting characters, when we first went to WDW in 1996 the characters would just walk the park and you would just chance run into them, now you have to line up to meet the cool characters. Well at first Alex would not want to meet characters saying "why would I want to wait in line to meet some dude in a costume" (yes he said dude :hippie: I don't know were he picked that up) I had him meet some characters on the cruise and he had a great time and I have some great pictures I will post later. But when we went to WDW 4 years ago he did not want to meet any character he had to wait in line to meet because it wasted ride time LOL. Well for this vacation I scheduled a few character meals:stir: hahaha!!! I am going to make him enjoy the magic doggone it!!!!!!

He does love the rides at Disney he is 7 now and will be 8 when we go in Sept. and he is 4'8" with shoes on , so he is tall enough to ride all rides......when we went on the cruise, he was 3, and was tall enough to ride the aqua-duck. And the last time we went to WDW he could ride everything except Rock-and-roll coaster at DHS. My wife and I are not tall people so I always joke that Alex's "real" father had to leave to make beef jerky commercials:smokin: seriously he wears men size 6 in shoes!!!!

Hello again everyone....... well my DW Amy looked over what I have posted so far and she informed me how much my A.D.D. comes out when I write :magnify:.......LOL I know...I know...I have a tendency to be all over the place and I write as if I were talking to you all face to face, instead of putting my thoughts to the written word:love:................well I am not starting over:dogdance: ....just moving on.....:rolleyes1.................SOOOOO lets move on with>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Myself the Disney Nerd

SAM_1982_zps7voyc80f.jpg

My DW who will knock me in the head once she sees I posted this picture of her LOL

781b81c2-8a8a-413f-bfe6-c6aeebdca7d1_zpskjdz9exf.jpg

AND my DS the baby Sasquatch :

307571_1734193454386_3448444_n_zpsd1lqaqsm.jpg

UP Next : How the Planning is coming together!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter