Disney World opening starting July 11th

tinkerbell1991

DIS Veteran
It has just been announced that Disney World will be opening in July 🤩🤩🤩

There will be a phased reopening at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom on July 11th then on Wed July 15th, Hollywood Studios and Epcot will open.

There will be an online reservation system released to gain entry.

Parades, meet and greets, fireworks and certain events will be temporarily suspended.

Last edited:

Yeah, I need to know if the resorts (especially DVC) will be open before the parks. We have a resort-only stay in early July with SeaWorld tickets, so we are fine if the Disney parks aren't open yet. Need to be able to sleep somewhere, though.

Looks like face coverings required. I just couldn't imagine in that heat.
I can manage with a handheld fan I'm sure but realise it may not be suitable for everyone.
I guess without sounding harsh is just don't go if you don't want to or are unable to wear masks.
I understand it will be extremely hard for children to wear these too but it wasn't a surprise that they are a requirement considering other parks and implementing this.

Glad we booked a November back up trip since our July 6 - 11 trip is now officially a no go. I am afraid the parks are going to mobbed in the fall though with all of the reschedules.

I'm surprised to see Epcot open so soon. There was a rumor (yeah I know) that because of the construction it would remain closed for a while. I'm glad my trip isn't until later in the year though.

Glad we booked a November back up trip since our July 6 - 11 trip is now officially a no go. I am afraid the parks are going to mobbed in the fall though with all of the reschedules.
Me too. I'm booked to be there from the 1st-15th Oct and to also get married at WDW while over there so some restrictions may* have lessoned by then but I'm just happy either way to go.
Now it's just the waiting game to see what happens with flights 🤞🏻

I'm surprised to see Epcot open so soon. There was a rumor (yeah I know) that because of the construction it would remain closed for a while.
Me too. Plus I'd heard they may struggle to get international cm's back but glad they're opening. Just assuming with the events bit being cancelled for now may potentially relate to the food and wine festival.

Any mention of waterparks? We have 6 water park visits on our military tickets we would like to use before they expire in December. We have already started using the park visits, otherwise we would just put the ticket price towards next year. Do you think the reservation system will be only for Resort guests at first??

Congratulations on the coming nuptials :dogdance:!
Aww thank you. Hopefully it will still go ahead. I'm based in the UK unfortunately and depending on what gets brought in about possibly quarantining for 14 days once we land and then again back home, we may need to push it back to next year but trying to stay positive 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter