Disney World MUST-HAVE Breakfast

pcdisneyqueen

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are going to Disney World in January. Since Epcot is not opening until 11 am (based on park hours on disney.com), we want to go to a table service breakfast in the morning before rope drop. We have never had Disney breakfast anywhere (besides food court at Port Orleans Riverside). We want a nice breakfast that is worth the money. I understand buffets will be tricky with all of the new rules, but we are open to any ideas!

BTW We are staying at the Caribbean resort!

Last edited:
Our plan is to take an Uber to riviera resort and eat at Topolino's before epcot, then ride the gondola to Epcot for rope drop. But I can't really say that is "worth the money" since its character meal pricing.

A better breakfast value in the Epcot area would be Trattoria al Forno on boardwalk. We've eaten there many times as a character meal and the food was always great, and now they have the same meal without characters for MUCH less money (something like $15 per person instead of the $40 per person for character meals). We're doing that on our HS day since that is also a late start at 10am.

My husband and I are going to Disney World in January. Since Epcot is not opening until 11 am (based on park hours on disney.com), we want to go to a table service breakfast in the morning before rope drop. We have never had Disney breakfast anywhere (besides food court at Port Orleans Riverside). We want a nice breakfast that is worth the money. I understand buffets will be tricky with all of the new rules, but we are open to any ideas!

If you’re not looking for a character meal, I would recommend the Ale and Compass at the Yacht club. They have a regular menu plus a breakfast buffet, or at least they did in the past. I would guess that the character breakfast will return at Trattoria. When it does though, you can still eat there on the non-character side for regular breakfast prices, well Disney regular breakfast prices. Both of these options would then allow you to walk over to Epcot using the IG entrance.

If you’re not looking for a character meal, I would recommend the Ale and Compass at the Yacht club. They have a regular menu plus a breakfast buffet, or at least they did in the past. I would guess that the character breakfast will return at Trattoria. When it does though, you can still eat there on the non-character side for regular breakfast prices, well Disney regular breakfast prices. Both of these options would then allow you to walk over to Epcot using the IG entrance.
Unfortunately, Ale and Compass is not opening to the public with the initial reopening... and likely will not until the Yacht Club resort resort opens to the public (right now, Yacht Club is exclusive to the NBA).

We love the Mediterrean Cafe at Dolphin. It was a sort of hybrid buffet/ala cart. I'm not sure what they will do about the buffet part now but they did have an egg cooking/meat carving station and the best juice bar I've ever been to. If you don't want a sit down, the little walk in at France is open even though world showcase is not. Well, I'm not sure about now but in a normal world it was.

Unfortunately, Ale and Compass is not opening to the public with the initial reopening... and likely will not until the Yacht Club resort resort opens to the public (right now, Yacht Club is exclusive to the NBA).

The OP is traveling in January.

The OP is traveling in January.
Oops, didn't see that. In that case there really isn't any point in trying to plan now, since nobody knows what the offerings will be, and the earliest OP will be able to make reservations is November. Also very possible Epcot will be opening earlier then.

Topolinos , GF Cafe, Ale and Compass or the non character room of trattoria al forno. All are good.

Absolutely Ale and Compass if they open by then. They had a la carte for $14-16 or so, or for $22 you got an entree of your choice plus the buffet. Even if the buffet isn't open, I'd go for the chocolate waffle with cherries. Once you're done, it's a 10 minute walk to Epcot International Gateway.

Another for Ale & Compass. It's our favorite meal. I love the dark chocolate cherry mickey waffles too! So good!

I'm hoping Ale & Compass is functioning whenever we get to go.

Boma, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Trail’s End Buffet, and Cape May Cafe which is usually a character meal.

Jumping on the Ale and Compass train. There are other good breakfast places in WDW but Ale and Compass has some unique options that are absolutely delicious. Plus you can walk right over to Epcot after.

Well, I would have said Boma at AKL prior to the current problems, but who knows when it will reopen and whether the wonderful buffet will ever return... 😭😭😭

At least you have a while to wait and see how things move before you need to commit, I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts