Justiceburdetti

Earning My Ears
Hey all! New to the boards. Huge fan of DIS Unplugged!

Was hoping to get some advice for an early visit in 2020 for 4 adults.

My dad has a business trip to Orlando from Feb 23 - 26th. We have scheduled a few Disney stays around these business trips in the past and I'm trying to find the least crowded time to book. We are 4 adults, so we aren't bound by the school calendar. So I try my hardest to book a trip when kids are still in school.

The week of the business trip is right in the time frame of A. The 2020 Princess Run and B. Mardi Gras. We've been before during either of those times and it has been VERY crowded.

I'm thinking that booking the following week, the first week of March, may be better. It is spring break week for a handful of colleges. But most are from the 2nd week of March on. Only thing I don't know yet is when 2020 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival starts.

TL;DR

Should I book a trip for 4 adults the last week of Feb or the first week of March 2020?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have had stays that included the first week of March and I found the weather beautiful and the crowds manageable. I may be mistaken but I think the Flower and Garden festival starts the first of May or very close to it. When we went last year we hit it and I know our check out day was 3/4. I love all the topiaries!!!

I have had stays that included the first week of March and I found the weather beautiful and the crowds manageable. I may be mistaken but I think the Flower and Garden festival starts the first of May or very close to it. When we went last year we hit it and I know our check out day was 3/4. I love all the topiaries!!!

Thanks for the reply. People seem to enjoy the first week of March quite a bit! And I've never seen Flower and Garden Fest so that could be nice!

It really is!! And it is our favorite time to go. I love Christmas but way too busy, summer is way too hot!! We have an early May 2020 trip planned which is a first for us but have 2 graduating college or we would be doing first of March. February has been getting busy with marathons and stuff!!!

It really is!! And it is our favorite time to go. I love Christmas but way too busy, summer is way too hot!! We have an early May 2020 trip planned which is a first for us but have 2 graduating college or we would be doing first of March. February has been getting busy with marathons and stuff!!!

Yes it is really crowded. We did Feb two trips ago and I took off work thinking I would be walking on rides! Not even close!

Over the past few years the Flower and Garden Festival it started anywhere from February 28 to March 6, so A stay in the first week of March is likely to include the festival. However, those exact dates haven’t been released yet for 2020.

I would still vote for the first week of March. The weather is likely to be nice, and you’ll avoid the half marathon crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter