Disney World made me change Cinderella’s Royal Table reservation!

Kansas Wizard

Earning My Ears
I made a dinner reservation at Cinderella’s Royal table for March 8th back at my 180 day mark for myself and 7 year old son! After that we planned on the garden view desert party. I recently received a phone call about my reservation and they told me that Disney never should have released the certain time slots because they want to use them for their own package. He told me I could keep my reservation and pay $225 for adult and whatever it was for a child. He did offer a 4:15 dinner reservation which I took. I’ve never eaten there so whatever it takes I guess. Has anyone else ever had that happen? And I also asked that since Disney made the mistake of the booking and I was good to change would they add an extra fast pass for the trouble, and I was told absolutely not. Management said no one would be compensated anything. I thought that was unusual as a fast pass would cost anything. Anyway we are hoping for a great trip!

I am guessing this is how they are dealing with that new dining package there, it's super expensive. Reviews have been few and far between and not all that tbh.

It’s definitely because of the dining package with the fireworks viewing. The only reservation I could get was for 7pm, nothing earlier unless I wanted to pay almost a $1,000 for 6 people and not be able to use our dining plan. We kept the 7pm reservation but felt very rushed as they said we had to be out of the castle by 8:45 because they close off that section for the fireworks. By 8:15 they gave us the check and hurried us out.

That's really crappy that they made a mistake and expect you to change around your plans. An extra FP would cost them nothing. So much for Disney being the customer service leader.

Eh, they made a change to the structure. It happens. Not often but happens.
Really, they did you a favor. An ADR followed directly by the dessert party is likely a big waste of money at the dessert party. You won't be hungry.
Worse would be if they called and had to cancel you totally, like it was closing for refurb or something (which has also happened).
As for FP, well, it's one of those cases where asking for things rarely gets you things. Disney is in the habit of OFFERING little things here and there. When folks ask, they do tend to say nope. Bad CS? I guess. I view it as they enjoy surprising guests vs. pacifying those who ask. I've gotten the most things back from them when all I did was report an issue, without asking for a thing. And I truly do go to report, so they can learn/know. If you (collective you) never tell them, then they won't know. So I approach it like that, knowledge vs looking for compensation.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter