Disney World 2.0 - Back to the World

curseofcurves

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!
:jumping1:

I enjoy reading other's pre-trip and trip reports so I thought I'd try my hand at a quick little one of my own. On with the show......:happytv:

Adventurers: Me (24) and my DBF (also 24)
Journey: Driving 446 miles, 7hrs and 22min from Atlanta, GA to WDW
Trip Dates: May 8th - May 18th

We're both 24. I graduated last year and DBF is still in college. We're into computers, video games, and movies. Disney-wise, I've got a soft spot for Fantasia!, Boo, Tigger, and the other Hundred Acre Woods cast. DBF likes The Lion King, Sorcerer Mickey, and Wall-E. DBF loves roller coasters, fireworks, and any rides with competitions that he can beat me at. I love ToT, Wishes, and the fun 3-D shows that use all your senses. I have strabismus and cannot see 3-D, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the shows!

This will be the second trip to WDW for us both. We went in August for my college graduation celebration and I’ve been planning our return since the day we got back!

We passed up the water parks and Disney Quest last time, but we will be hitting TL, BB, and DQ this trip. We’re big video game nerds :surfweb: so we’re really looking forward to DQ. We’re also spending a day at Sea World this time. We have 7 day WP+ tickets, no hoppers. If we need to add an extra day to get in a park, we will. Last time we spent full days in the park and it worked well for us, so we plan to do that again this time.

We are staying offsite and do not have the dining plan. We’ll be carrying in bottled waters and snacks each day. Unless we have ADRs, we’ll wing it and have snacks or have QS somewhere. We will have our own car so we don’t have to follow shuttle schedules.

:dance3: Next: Itinerary

We leave for WDW in 12 days and here is our plan so far:

Saturday 8th – Drive down from Atlanta.
- I’m guessing we’ll arrive around 6pm/7pm. Check into the hotel. Dinner at Boma at 9pm. Boma dinner is a very specific request from DBF. =)

Sunday 9th – Hollywood Studios – Open to Close
- Lunch at 50s Prime Time at 1:50pm. Fantasmic at 9pm and/or 10:30pm.
- Lots of ToT, RnRC, TSM, and a few things we missed last time.

Monday 10th – Magic Kingdom – Open to Close
- We’ll likely try a Cinnamon roll for breakfast and grab lunch or dinner at Columbia Harbor House. Wishes at 10pm.
- Toontown, Space Mountain, Carousel of Progress, Tom Sawyer Island, and TTA…all of which we missed last time.

Tuesday 11th – Seaworld – Open to Close
- We booked the 90 minute Behind the Scenes tour!
- We’ll do as much as we can for the day.
- Dinner at Tony Romas on I-Drive. DBF loves beef ribs and not many places near us have them.

Wednesday 12th – Epcot
- 10:30am Boma Breakfast, then Epcot for the remainder of the day.
- If we need some extra rest at this point, we’ll cancel the breakfast, sleep in, and arrive at Epcot around noon. I really want to try the Boma breakfast though!
- Soarin’, Living with the Land, Sum of All Thrills, Spaceship Earth, and a few countries that we missed last time.

Thursday 13th – Animal Kingdom – Open to Close
- 8am Donald’s Safari Breakfast – I’m really looking forward to this.
- We missed a lot of the animal trails last time so we could do all the rides. This time we’ll spend time looking at the animals. Of course, Safari first thing after breakfast!!
- If we’re real tired, which is likely, we’ll go back and rest in the hotel. If not, we may hit up Disney Quest for a few hours.
- This evening is also a pretty good chance to stop by POP and grab a slice of Tie Dye Cheesecake.

Friday 14th – Epcot and Disney Quest
- Rope Drop at Epcot to catch some of the rides early. We’ll probably leave around 3 or 4pm to change clothes/nap/etc.
- Disney Quest from 7/8 to 11pm, depending on how the early part of the day goes. We’d like to try Earl of Sandwich so we’ll probably have lunch there this day.

Saturday 15th – Typhoon Lagoon and Magic Kingdom
- We’d like to try the beignets at POFQ and this might be the morning we do this. Maybe not.
- Thinking TL from 10 to 2-ish. We’re mostly interested in the group tube rides and Shark Reef. We’ll leave, get food, and change clothes.
- Head to Magic Kingdom around 5pm and catch a few things we haven’t done yet or want to do again. Watch Wishes at 10pm and do another thing or two before the park closes at 11pm.

Sunday 16th – Hollywood Studios
- Another day to sleep in some. Arrive to Hollywood Studios around 12 or 1pm and stay through the day to see Fantasmic at 9pm.
- If we really don’t need the rest, maybe we’ll spend a little time in the morning at Quest or TL.

Monday 17th – Blizzard Beach and Disney Quest
- Blizzard beach from around 10 to 3. Again we’re mostly interested in the group tube rides. We’ll leave, get food, and change clothes.
- We’ll probably eat at Earl of Sandwich (again). I have a feeling we’ll really like this place.
- Disney Quest from 6 to 10pm. If we’re done with Quest by now, maybe we’ll do something else.

Any thoughts on the itinerary? I know both our Hollywood Studios days are Fantasmic days, but Touring Plans is predicting 4s, 5s, and 6s the whole week so I’m not too worried. We may not really “need” second days at some parks and we may want more time at the water parks or quest. But, really, we’ll play that all by ear. I’m a hardcore planner and a big-time stresser, but once I’m at WDW, I’ll roll with the punches and just try to enjoy every moment.

:dance3:Next: Progress

We booked the hotel about a month ago through Bookit and got a pretty decent deal. Not the best price I’ve seen, but it fits our college-kid budget. We bought the Disney tickets through Undercover Tourist and they arrived in about 3 days. We bought the Sea World tickets and backstage tour through AAA and got a great deal on that. What are your opinions on the All-Day Dining Deal at Seaworld? We can BOGO for our Seaworld day and I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it if we already have dinner planned that night.

I haven’t technically started packing yet. I’ve made lots of lists though. Our “hotel bag” and our “park bag” are still partially packed from last time. But I have NOT put a single item of clothing in a suitcase yet. DBF will pack his stuff the morning we leave, or the night before if we’re lucky. My new pair of Teva Mush are broken in and ready to go. I love these sandals so much.

I’ve gathered some hotel room and park bag snacks already. So far I have Smart Water, granola bars, and raw almonds for park snacks. Sodas, popcorn, tuna, and Easy Mac for the hotel room. We’ll pick up sandwich makings, cereal stuff, and other things at Walmart when we get there. We have a refrigerator and microwave in our hotel room, but apparently the fridge has no freezer section.

I’m stocked up on ponchos and extra batteries for the camera and the mister fans. I’ve got to purchase a few last minute toiletry items and find DBF some swim trunks. I’ve also got to get a pedicure (so my toes are pretty for Mickey!) and find swim shoes for both of us.

I’m so excited and I can’t wait for May 8th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter