Disney Wonder Very Merrytime Western Car, Stateroom 7032

LisaDSO

Earning My Ears
My husband and I went on our very first cruise and real vacation with our two sons, 3 and 5.

Disney Wonder
Verry Merrytime Western Carribean
12/1 -12/8

We departed from Galveston and stayed the previous night at the Tremont House, about 3 minutes away. This was great because they allowed us to park at their sister property, Hotel Galvez and Spa for free and they shuttled us to the pier.

We had a 1-1:30 checkin/boarding, but it ended up being an hour earlier (glad we arrived early).

Room 7032: Excellent midship location, no sound coming from either side. No one across the hall. The only time I heard noise was when people ran down the hall late at night lol. My husband is 6'7 and found it to comfortable. The sofa transformed into a bed at turn down service, and a bunk bed magically appeared above it lol. We had a tub/shower combo and a lovely verandah with no obstructed views.

24302210102141584326.jpg

View of room during sleep hours. This is our view from room at Jamaican port:

25073263102142041724.jpg

Pools: the toddler pool and play area was a hit with our young children. It was usually pretty crowded, but did not distract from the fun for them. I never got into any of the other pools because they too were pretty small and surprisingly small (maybe they are bigger on other ships)

Restaurants: The rotational dining was very good and I loved having the same wait staff follow us. We got to know them well and their attention to detail was amazing. Day 2 they already had chocolate milk waiting for our boys. Our favorite was Animator's Palate with the entertainment and ambience. The food was of excellent quality and gluten free and dairy free options were clearly marked, which I appreciated. They also brought me almond milk in the mornings for my coffee :).
My husband and I had dinner the first night at Palo for adults only and very much enjoyed it.
The buffet had different choices. We only ate there once because I am a bit of a foodie and preferred the better quality of the rotational dining.
The short order stations were also very good- i loved the schwarmas near the pool, and hubby and kids loved the serve yourself ice cream cones.

We had second seating which started at 8:15. This was sometimes tough with our very young children since this is usually their bedtime, so we quickly learned to give them a small meal or order room service and put them down for a nap after coming in from port and this worked. On the last evening, our 3 year old was asleep by dinner and our server made him a little bed out of the chairs. That was a stress free meal ha. We always stayed for the 9:15pm mini show/event happening during dinner in the restaurant, and they were fun.

Entertainment: I was blown away by the broadway quality entertainment of the nightly shows. I guess I was expecting what I have seen at all inclusive resorts that range from cheesy to mildy entertaining. No, this was incredible. The Golden Mickeys are NOT TO BE MISSED. This was the formal night (I went semi formal, some went formal, some casual). I think next I will definitely go all out and dress like a Disney Princess ;). The shows had first rate singers/dancers and special effects. We did not get to go to all of them because our 3 year old would sometimes act like a 3 year old lol.
The toddler dance time before dinner in the promenade was a lot of fun. They had 2 singers who sang current pop covers and the kids really did cut a rung under the lights. I may have joined a few times :).
The movie theater was a nice surprise. I had no idea there would be one! You really forget that you are on a boat in the middle of the ocean. I love that you could buy a pail of popcorn and then get 1 dollar refills for the rest of the stay- very convenient for shows and other movie watchings.
The Disney Junior Character breakfast that we scheduled was a lot of fun for the boys since they watch it all the time. Each character came to our table to say hello and take a picture.

Kids Club: I loved and appreciated how it was basically Fort Knox; it made me feel safe. Our kids liked it in small doses, but are still very attached to mommy, so we were only able to leave them twice- just long enough to have our adults only meal. They were diligent about hand washing and there were several employees every few feet. They could also tell you exactly where your child was by their arm band.

The character appearances were fun, and having Santa Claus there in the main lobby by the huge tree was a nice treat.

Ports of Call:

Cozumel- having been here before, we decided to return to Chankanaab, which was about 10 minutes away via taxi from Punta Langosta Pier. We chose this location because of the Children's beach area which has a very gentle entry into the ocean. We were actually able to sit in the palapas and observe our children without worry. We were also the only ones there for quite a long time. They also have a very cute sea lion and dolphin show. Great food, and excellent adults beach with phenomenal snorkeling.
24174475102141584321.jpg

24177037102141584315.jpg

24232841102141586156.jpg

Georgetown, Cayman Islands- the taxi system was a bit chaotic and we ended up sitting in a van for about 10 minutes waiting to fill it to capacity. Someone in our van complained and they transferred us to a smaller van and we were on our way.

I booked through resort for a day and decided to go with Westin Grand Cayman, and I am so glad I did. I think it took about 10 minutes to get there and the resort was impeccable. I could not believe the beach and water were so gorgeous. We had full amenities for the day and we were even given a room as part of the package- this proved to be so helpful to keep our things, wash up at the end, and rest in the two beds while watching cartoons (great for our 3 and 5 year olds to get a respite from the sun).
The beach here was also perfect for young children- gently sloping, clean, excellent water visibility. The service was great and they gave us electronic bands tied around our chairs to call for service. I asked them to find us an umbrella and they did :). The pictures looked like i had a filter on it and I did not- it was that beautiful.

I am so glad we booked the Westin, since I had read that some of the Disney port adventures required quite a bit of traveling beyond the tinder boat that you had to take to get to port.

24785010102141690104.jpg

Falmouth, Jamaica- Our room faced the port which was cool. Transportation was very efficient with a comfortable AC and onboard wifi on the bus. It took about 45 minutes, but the driver stopped and pointed out some sights along the way.

I booked through resort for a day and chose Jewel Runaway Bay Resort. I chose this mainly because I thought it was a great choice for my children. The breakfast buffet was good, but a little busy. The beach was nice and service was good. The pool by the beach was terrific. One side was very shallow for children and the other side of the barrier was deeper with a swim up bar and infinity edge towards the ocean.

The resort also has a waterpark which my children loved. There are many slides (some dedicated for toddlers with a splash pad), a lazy river and plenty of loungers.

24785260102141791785.jpg

24799586102141793334.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your report! We are going on an Eastern Caribbean cruise in April (our first ever cruise), but are thinking of using onboard booking to book the Western Caribbean if we like the cruise. Your pictures of the beaches are great!

We will be on our first family cruise this December. Love your recommendations at each port! Right up our alley.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!