Disney Wonder November 8-22, 2019 Eastbound Panama Canal

aggiecruisers

Dessert FIRST!!!!
Just booked for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Our third DCL. Second PC crossing, did the Wonder back in 2013, looking forward to the new locks.

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Mentioning again to ignite interest! Still, a long way away.:)

Interest in Local Candy/Snack Exchange

bobbiwoz
emt9e
Ainslee
Disnep
Andy and Mary Reno NV

aggiecruisers

Dessert FIRST!!!!
So we sent a request to join the group for this cruise on that site that shall remain nameless. Have not heard back, is anyone else apart of that group?

• bobbiwoz

Just off of DVC’s Member Cruise!

We may have to cancel this.:mad:

Last edited:

Christy May

Earning My Ears
    We are booked also ! My husband and I celebrating late 50’s birthdays. No kids or grandkids this time just us youngens. Want to do FE and ornament exchange ! Looking forward to meeting everyone

• bobbiwoz

Mentioning again to ignite interest! Still, a long way away.:)

Interest in Local Candy/Snack Exchange

bobbiwoz
    emt9e
    Ainslee
    Disnep
    Andy and Mary Reno NV
    We had to cancel....I hope someone will take over the exchange.

Disnep

Not The Worst Thing Ever
    I wonder why pirate night was before Panama Canal. In 2017 it was the evening of Cartagena. We want to book a Palo dinner for pirate night, but this makes it more unpredictable.

• Disnep

Not The Worst Thing Ever
    This will be our first Panama Canal Cruise. Any tips/suggestions from your first ?
    My DH and I went on our first EBPC in 2017 and didn't want it to end, we had so much fun. Here are some tips I can offer.

1) Attend the daily (sea days) lectures about the canal given by Captain Puckett. He is very funny, but also gives a lot of information. Do your own research ahead of time also (there was a good documentary released in 2016 or 2017), if you are interested in history or engineering.
    2) A lot of people are on deck by 5am in order to get a spot by the railing on the day you traverse the canal. Once you're through the first lock at about 8-9am, most people disperse. So you can easily get pictures after that point, if you choose to sleep in. The ship doesn't actually move from its anchorage until about 6:30am.
    3) If you do decide to get up super early, the crew bring coffee and pastries up to the sport court around 7am, if I remember right. Have a friend save your viewing spot while you grab a bite, then switch with them.
    4) Rain ponchos were provided in our stateroom the night before the canal, which was a nice unexpected perk. Bring it on deck with you. It is going to rain at some point.

LovestoSail

Earning My Ears
    My DH and I went on our first EBPC in 2017 and didn't want it to end, we had so much fun. Here are some tips I can offer.

1) Attend the daily (sea days) lectures about the canal given by Captain Puckett. He is very funny, but also gives a lot of information. Do your own research ahead of time also (there was a good documentary released in 2016 or 2017), if you are interested in history or engineering.
    2) A lot of people are on deck by 5am in order to get a spot by the railing on the day you traverse the canal. Once you're through the first lock at about 8-9am, most people disperse. So you can easily get pictures after that point, if you choose to sleep in. The ship doesn't actually move from its anchorage until about 6:30am.
    3) If you do decide to get up super early, the crew bring coffee and pastries up to the sport court around 7am, if I remember right. Have a friend save your viewing spot while you grab a bite, then switch with them.
    4) Rain ponchos were provided in our stateroom the night before the canal, which was a nice unexpected perk. Bring it on deck with you. It is going to rain at some point.
    Thank you very much for the tips ! Very much into history and engineering. When DH and I were moving a boat across the Erie Canal (Tonawanda, NY to the Hudson) we did much reading about the Canal, History and it made the trip that much more interesting ! Very much looking forward to the same for this trip. Thank you again for your quick response. :)

Queen Nancy

Earning My Ears
    I feel like a cruise virgin. Hubs and I have been on 2 previous cruises but this is our first DCL. No kids with us on this trip. Interested in FE and meeting new people. Any info on how to get started is appreciated.

2 retired geezers from the Pacific NW.

ivanp91

DIS Veteran
    I feel like a cruise virgin. Hubs and I have been on 2 previous cruises but this is our first DCL. No kids with us on this trip. Interested in FE and meeting new people. Any info on how to get started is appreciated.

Hi Nancy, welcome to DisBoards! We can't post links here or outright say the name, but there's a certain social media site that if you search the name of the ship and the dates there is a group in which you can sign up for things like the FE. Hopefully you can figure it out from that :)

Disnep

Not The Worst Thing Ever

I'm also interested in participating in a FE, and I don't use social media websites. Another time there was one organized over the DisBoard. I could try organizing but have only joined in once before.

Disnep

Not The Worst Thing Ever
    Interest in Fish Extender:
    Disnep
    nvcruiser
    emt9e
    Andy and Mary Reno NV
    Christy May
    LovesToSail
    Queen Nancy

Interest in local candy exchange:
    Disnep
    emt9e
    Ainslee
    Andy and Mary Reno NV

Anyone else interested?

Has everyone paid in full? Counting down to booking activities!

Arianabtd

Mouseketeer
    My mom and I just canceled our yearly winter DW trip to go on this cruise! This is our 6th Disney cruise and first Panama Canal cruise. We are so excited. See you all there! :flower1:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!

CASTAWAY CAY PHOTOS

DECK PLANS

STATEROOMS

ITINERARIES