Disney Wonder November 8-22, 2019 Eastbound Panama Canal

Just booked for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Our third DCL. Second PC crossing, did the Wonder back in 2013, looking forward to the new locks.

Mentioning again to ignite interest! Still, a long way away.:)

Interest in Local Candy/Snack Exchange

bobbiwoz
emt9e
Ainslee
Disnep
Andy and Mary Reno NV

So we sent a request to join the group for this cruise on that site that shall remain nameless. Have not heard back, is anyone else apart of that group?

Just off of DVC’s Member Cruise!

We may have to cancel this.:mad:

Last edited:
We are booked also ! My husband and I celebrating late 50’s birthdays. No kids or grandkids this time just us youngens. Want to do FE and ornament exchange ! Looking forward to meeting everyone

Mentioning again to ignite interest! Still, a long way away.:)

Interest in Local Candy/Snack Exchange

bobbiwoz
emt9e
Ainslee
Disnep
Andy and Mary Reno NV

We had to cancel....I hope someone will take over the exchange.

I wonder why pirate night was before Panama Canal. In 2017 it was the evening of Cartagena. We want to book a Palo dinner for pirate night, but this makes it more unpredictable.

This will be our first Panama Canal Cruise. Any tips/suggestions from your first ?
My DH and I went on our first EBPC in 2017 and didn't want it to end, we had so much fun. Here are some tips I can offer.

1) Attend the daily (sea days) lectures about the canal given by Captain Puckett. He is very funny, but also gives a lot of information. Do your own research ahead of time also (there was a good documentary released in 2016 or 2017), if you are interested in history or engineering.
2) A lot of people are on deck by 5am in order to get a spot by the railing on the day you traverse the canal. Once you're through the first lock at about 8-9am, most people disperse. So you can easily get pictures after that point, if you choose to sleep in. The ship doesn't actually move from its anchorage until about 6:30am.
3) If you do decide to get up super early, the crew bring coffee and pastries up to the sport court around 7am, if I remember right. Have a friend save your viewing spot while you grab a bite, then switch with them.
4) Rain ponchos were provided in our stateroom the night before the canal, which was a nice unexpected perk. Bring it on deck with you. It is going to rain at some point.

My DH and I went on our first EBPC in 2017 and didn't want it to end, we had so much fun. Here are some tips I can offer.

1) Attend the daily (sea days) lectures about the canal given by Captain Puckett. He is very funny, but also gives a lot of information. Do your own research ahead of time also (there was a good documentary released in 2016 or 2017), if you are interested in history or engineering.
2) A lot of people are on deck by 5am in order to get a spot by the railing on the day you traverse the canal. Once you're through the first lock at about 8-9am, most people disperse. So you can easily get pictures after that point, if you choose to sleep in. The ship doesn't actually move from its anchorage until about 6:30am.
3) If you do decide to get up super early, the crew bring coffee and pastries up to the sport court around 7am, if I remember right. Have a friend save your viewing spot while you grab a bite, then switch with them.
4) Rain ponchos were provided in our stateroom the night before the canal, which was a nice unexpected perk. Bring it on deck with you. It is going to rain at some point.
Thank you very much for the tips ! Very much into history and engineering. When DH and I were moving a boat across the Erie Canal (Tonawanda, NY to the Hudson) we did much reading about the Canal, History and it made the trip that much more interesting ! Very much looking forward to the same for this trip. Thank you again for your quick response. :)

I feel like a cruise virgin. Hubs and I have been on 2 previous cruises but this is our first DCL. No kids with us on this trip. Interested in FE and meeting new people. Any info on how to get started is appreciated.

2 retired geezers from the Pacific NW.

I feel like a cruise virgin. Hubs and I have been on 2 previous cruises but this is our first DCL. No kids with us on this trip. Interested in FE and meeting new people. Any info on how to get started is appreciated.

Hi Nancy, welcome to DisBoards! We can't post links here or outright say the name, but there's a certain social media site that if you search the name of the ship and the dates there is a group in which you can sign up for things like the FE. Hopefully you can figure it out from that :)

I'm also interested in participating in a FE, and I don't use social media websites. Another time there was one organized over the DisBoard. I could try organizing but have only joined in once before.

Interest in Fish Extender:
Disnep
nvcruiser
emt9e
Andy and Mary Reno NV
Christy May
LovesToSail
Queen Nancy

Interest in local candy exchange:
Disnep
emt9e
Ainslee
Andy and Mary Reno NV

Anyone else interested?

Has everyone paid in full? Counting down to booking activities!

My mom and I just canceled our yearly winter DW trip to go on this cruise! This is our 6th Disney cruise and first Panama Canal cruise. We are so excited. See you all there! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!