Disney Wonder November 29, 2019 Double Dip from Galveston

Advance booking windows will open in:
First cruise 70 days 09/15/2019
Silver 55 days 08/31/2019
Gold 40 days 08/16/2019
Platinum 25 days 08/01/2019
Thanks for the info! We haven't cruised Disney in a few years, what time do bookings open? We are thinking midnight, but can't remember.

Thanks for the info! We haven't cruised Disney in a few years, what time do bookings open? We are thinking midnight, but can't remember.

Yes I believe the advanced booking window opens at midnight eastern time. So, based on your avatar your booking window will open at 11pm the day before the date posted above if you live in Texas like we do.🙂

Last edited:
Can't wait. We love sea days and Castaway Cay and this sailing has a bunch of both!

I'm excited for Key West too. Anyone been there and have must-do things to do for a family of 3? We're a couple of able bodied adults with an active toddler who will be 2.5 at sailing.

Can't wait. We love sea days and Castaway Cay and this sailing has a bunch of both!

I'm excited for Key West too. Anyone been there and have must-do things to do for a family of 3? We're a couple of able bodied adults with an active toddler who will be 2.5 at sailing.

We have been to Key West quite a few times. The aquarium is within walking distance of the ship. It is small and may be boaring for adults but can be neat for little ones. In front of the aquarium is a food stand that sells chonch fritters. We really like them and plan on making that our first stop. For now that is all we really have planned to do in Key West. The last time we were there we did go on a hop on hop off tour. It was nice, it took us by most of the tourist attractions on the island. We took it to Higgs Beach Children's Park and let our kids play most of the day. The park is all sand and it connects to Higgs Beach, so you may want to bring some sand toys if you go. Our girls were 4.5 and 2.5 at the time and they both had a great time. See post #53 on page 3 of this thread for links to other DISboard threads with more Key West info.

Thanks for the suggestions. We haven't really committed to anything yet, but we're considering the aquarium and the butterfly place.

I just want some authentic key lime pie lol.

We're now thinking about the glass bottom boat at Key West. Anyone do that and have any experience with it? Figure it may be something unique that we've never done in any port.

We're now thinking about the glass bottom boat at Key West. Anyone do that and have any experience with it? Figure it may be something unique that we've never done in any port.

We went on a Key West glass bottom boat tour about 15 years ago during one of our non-cruise vacations to Key West, before we had kids. We liked it, the boat we were on had windows below the waterline in its hull so you could go down a stair case and look out your own window at everything under water rather than looking down at a window at the bottom of the boat. If I remember right it took 90min or so to get out to the viewing area with 45min or so of viewing and naration from our guide about what we were seeing, then 90min back to Key West. I tried to google the boat we went on but couldn't find it so I'm not sure they are still in business.

If you look at the Disney cruise line blog it shows our cruise stopping at Key West first then going to CC then if you look under the picture the itinerary says just the opposite. Not really a big deal I dont guess but I wonder which one is right? Only 125 days!!!!

If you look at the Disney cruise line blog it shows our cruise stopping at Key West first then going to CC then if you look under the picture the itinerary says just the opposite. Not really a big deal I dont guess but I wonder which one is right? Only 125 days!!!!

Just got an email from DCL today that confirms the itinerary is as coast2coastmickey has stated above with 2 Castaway days then Key West. Personally, we would rather stop at Key West first, but no big deal. The email also says we will be getting a $39 refund. I guess some fees have gone down.

First cruise 49 days 09/15/2019
Silver 34 days 08/31/2019
Gold 19 days 08/16/2019
Platinum 4 days 08/01/2019

Platinum cruisers...did you get what you wanted? I hear that the cabanas are all sold out.

Guess we don't have any platinum cruisers on this thread. :confused3

First cruise 39 days 09/15/2019
Silver 24 days 08/31/2019
Gold 9 days 08/16/2019
Platinum Open

After reading some posts on other websites it looks like because we go to Castaway Cay first then Key West we will have an imagration inspection before we can get off the boat in Key West. Too bad we don't go the Key West first. I think we went through this on one of our previous cruises, we had to go to the theater and get a sticker on our key to the world card. Just something to keep in mind when you are planning your Key West day.

After reading some posts on other websites it looks like because we go to Castaway Cay first then Key West we will have an imagration inspection before we can get off the boat in Key West. Too bad we don't go the Key West first. I think we went through this on one of our previous cruises, we had to go to the theater and get a sticker on our key to the world card. Just something to keep in mind when you are planning your Key West day.

Interesting, why is that? Is it because we're touching a US port after visiting a foreign-ish port? Castaway is foreign in name but it's a private island...

How long was the wait to get a sticker in the theater?

Interesting, why is that? Is it because we're touching a US port after visiting a foreign-ish port? Castaway is foreign in name but it's a private island...

How long was the wait to get a sticker in the theater?

Yes, it is because we leave the US when we go to Castaway, which is part of the Bahamas and we are required to clear immigration when we re-enter the US in Key West. I don't think it is a full US customs inspection where you have to complete a declaration form and all that. They had a bunch of customs/imagration agents in the theater, we showed them our travel documents and got the sticker. We went early and it took 20min or so I think. Everyone had to do it even if they were not getting off the ship.

Also, we still had to clear customs at the end of the cruise.

Good to know. Just stinks knowing we don't have that much time in Key West to begin with, and we'll have to get a sticker, and according to the Port of Key West website we'll be docking on the Outer Mole, meaning we'll have to take a trolley in to town.

I think because of that we're just going to do the butterfly museum, maybe the aquarium and lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!