Disney Wonder February 7-14, 2020

PilotWife76

Earning My Ears
I am starting a thread for the Disney Wonder cruise sailing out of New Orleans February 7, 2020 as I have noticed none have been started yet... just 160 days away!!! We are very excited and have a very large group of people going with us to celebrate my hubby's 40th!! Hope to see you soon!

We’ll be on this cruise, too. Excited that it is the first DCL sailing out of New Orleans! Key West is one of the places we’ve been wanting to see. It will be our fourth Disney cruise.

Hello!

I’m looking for more information into the “fish net” gift exchange amongst kids on the cruise!? Is this still a thing? I’ve never done a cruise but have heard of this and have 3 kids that id like to do this with. Thanks!

Add us to this small group! We just booked the February 7 inaugural sailing from New Orleans. Our daughter is off school for the February 14 sailing, but we've decided to pull her out of school for Castaway Cay and the inaugural sailing. :) (We are not very responsible parents... but she is only 7!)

We are excited because this is basically a repeat of our last cruise from Galveston on the Wonder, and we really loved that cruise. We are also excited to spend a couple of days in New Orleans after the cruise and introduce our daughter to this unique city.

Anyone hoping for some inaugural New Orleans sailing merchandise in the shops? I'd love a mug, glass, pin, or art print.

Hello!

I’m looking for more information into the “fish net” gift exchange amongst kids on the cruise!? Is this still a thing? I’ve never done a cruise but have heard of this and have 3 kids that id like to do this with. Thanks!

You're thinking of a Fish Extender gift exchange! This is definitely still a thing, although our family doesn't do Fish Extenders, so I don't have any information beyond that. :)

As I posted in the “Transportation and Accomodations in New Orleans” topic, New Orleans’ Erato Street Cruise Terminal is where the Disney Magic will sail from in 2020. Parking is $140 for seven days.

Erato Street Cruise Terminal
1100 Port of New Orleans Place
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
+1 (504) 522-2551
https://www.portnola.com/

Just signed up this weekend for this cruise, it will be our 19th cruise on Disney. So so excited to be back on the Wonder, she was our first ship with Disney. Our sailings are mostly just to be on the ship. Unfortunately we did not get Main seating but hoping for luck on waiting list. Only sailed once on Wonder since Tiana’s Place and so excited to go back. Can’t wait to see Lounge. Hard to catch Wonder since we live closer to Port Canaveral, can’t wait!

We’ll be on this cruise, too. Excited that it is the first DCL sailing out of New Orleans! Key West is one of the places we’ve been wanting to see. It will be our fourth Disney cruise.
Been to Key West two times before and didn’t enjoy UNTIL we took the trolley (can be picked up near where ship docks)...loved to see Key West this way, and takes u to the Southern most tip of United States (warning: does not stop but slows to get pictures). We will do trolley again.

What's everybody's best guess as to how DCL will mark the occasion of this inaugural cruise from New Orleans? I am hoping for some fun live music at the terminal or onboard the ship, and a piece of artwork commemorating the event that I can take home.

Found on the internet (might have been here!):

“When leaving New Orleans see the river communities (Algiers, Belle Chasse, Jesuit Bend, Port Sulphur, Empire, Buras, Boothville, and Venice) on the starboard side going down the river to the gulf. See Violet, Meraux, Chalmette, Arabi and the New Orleans skyline on the starboard side returning home.”

“Be aware that there is a FREE hop on hop off bus (looks like a regular city bus except it says Duval Loop in big letters on it). There is also a paid hop on hop off trolley which ain’t cheap, especially for a group your size. We used the free bus, which is scheduled to run every 15 minutes. We never had a problem getting on the bus, we did see lines for the trolley. The Duval Loop bus is free, air conditioned and stops at all the main points. You can ride around and then decide what you want to do.”

“In Key West, we planned to wander around but on impulse booked an electric golf cart for 4 hours for $100 which was amazing. We zipped all over and saw some new sights — and it was nicely breezy in the heat, and a better value than some of the excursions. The sign says 3 or 5 hours but they threw in an extra hour. It was my favorite day in Key West. We saw so much and stayed cool. The company was HydroThunder.”

Doing something I always recommend not to do, after 20 Disney cruises. Flying in morning of cruise, arriving around 8:30 AM🤞, how is everyone getting to Port, Uber?

Doing something I always recommend not to do, after 20 Disney cruises. Flying in morning of cruise, arriving around 8:30 AM🤞, how is everyone getting to Port, Uber?
We are driving our van from the New Orleans suburbs where we live to the port terminal building parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!