Disney Wonder: 7 Night Mexican Riviera - October 15th, 2017

Looks like we have 2 service dogs on the cruise. How is Daisy around other dogs? My Toby does not have the best dog social skills because he is rarely around other dogs. He loves humans and Disney characters.

Daisy is fine around other dogs as she has been trained for those situations, distractions. Will Toby bark/lunge if he sees Daisy?

No i prefer for people to act like Daisy is not even there since she is working and much like a piece of medical equipment, you wouldn't pet/point/talk to my wheelchair, I view it the same way.
Daisy is fine around other dogs as she has been trained for many situations, distractions and such. Will Toby bark/lunge if he sees Daisy?

Business as usual then - I default to that. Thank you! :)

thank you so much for understanding!! Can not believe the cruise is fewer then four months away!! :jester:

Daisy is fine around other dogs as she has been trained for those situations, distractions. Will Toby bark/lunge if he sees Daisy?
I am not Jan, but from what I have seen when with her, no, he is also trained, but unfortunately there are those that try to pass pets off as service animals. Personally I can count on one hand the number of times I have heard him bark and there was always a good reason for it, such as someone stepping on his paw (happens more often than you would like in the parks). Even if he does make a noise, it is a single bark/whimper to let you know something happened.

Yes the number of fake service dogs I see greatly outnumber the amount of real task trained working dogs I see unfortunately. It is something that has to change soon. I only asked about the barking/lunging because she mentioned Toby " does not have the best dog social skills" so I was just wondering what she meant by that.
Daisy is a 3 year old mobility/medical response Boxer. Named after Daisy Duck her self lol.

Yes the number of fake service dogs I see greatly outnumber the amount of real task trained working dogs I see unfortunately. It is something that has to change soon. I only asked about the barking/lunging because she mentioned Toby " does not have the best dog social skills" so I was just wondering what she meant by that.
Daisy is a 3 year old mobility/medical response Boxer. Named after Daisy Duck her self lol.
Yeah, well Disney is trying to reduce it at the parks, they are now asking the questions there are allowed to and are refusing therapy dogs. But yes, we have seen our share, the bigger issue I have is when they are misbehaving and not being corrected, for example this little dog that was allegedly a service dog at Haunted Mansion was barking nonstop at him and the handler did nothing to address the issue.

As far as I am aware, it is more that instead of completely ignoring her, he may want to come up and say hi. Another example is in the above situation, Toby let out one bark, basically saying shush and then the handler was saying "Oh, did that big mean dog bark at you?" Of course Jan corrected his behavior immediately, but again the other person did nothing to correct their dogs behavior.

Also, some may misinterpret some of his tasks he does with her (not involving others, just her) as misbehaving, but they are what works for them to meet her needs, just people watching sometimes don't understand.

Anything else would be something that I haven't seen when with her, but obviously she is with him more than me.

Toby also has a Disney name, but it is more fun to see if anyone can guess who and from what movie, any guesses?

yup for the first time ever at Disneyland we were asked what type of service she provided. But the same day saw a small yorkie therapy dog being carried :mad: well that's the issue 99% of them aren't behaved or corrected haha

Did cast members do anything to help in the haunted mansion situation? I've heard rumors they will only remove a dog from the park if it physically bites another dog or visitor. Do you know if that is true?

Eating dinner out a few months ago, we walked in and encountered a little " service dog" going crazy at Daisy. Long story short the restaurant was not handling the situation very well, so i finally said " if my 90 lb boxer was barking like that would it be ok?" as the employee replied " well of course not" that didn't help their situation much. Thought you guys would be able to relate to that story!

hmmmmmm the two Toby's that pop into mind are: Toby from Robin Hood, or would maybe Toby is a basset hound named after the one in The Great Mouse Detective??

In all fairness to the person with the Yorkie, a lot of the small dogs that are being carried are trained to alert diabetics to low blood sugar, alert to oncoming seisures, stuff like that, which is something be life saving for them. Many actually alert by licking all over their owners face......I can't imagine I would ever accept that, but whatever works for them. I am not saying it was, but I do know there are a few regulars with small service dogs that alert for such things.

I haven't seen Disney ask a dog to leave yet, which is sad, like with the restaurant situation you talk about, why wouldn't the staff at Haunted Mansion ask the dog that is barking nonstop to leave? Or another one at Fantasmic! That was growing St every person walking by and growling even louder at Toby. Really, if Toby, who is also a good size dog was doing either of these things, I am sure they would ask that he leave, so why do the small dogs get a pass on their behavior just because they are small?

Toby isn't a basset hound, but his name is from The Great Mouse Detective.

oh yes I know a few " small dogs that have big job" haha.
When we checked in I did not see on the schedule, the Halloween night when everybody dresses up. Did I just miss it? Does anybody know what night that will be?
We have brunch at Palo @ 1130 that day also!!
Just finished up my To/From tags the other day, now working on one of the gifts :)))))

I don't think it has been posted yet. At least not to my knowledge. I think we will have to wait for the first of these cruises to find out.
I am finishing up the last gifts and then I will work on adding the to/from tags to the bundles. I am so excited !!

Can i ask what inch neck size Toby is? and if he has any diet restrictions?
For his FE gifts of course ;)
Oh wow you are ahead of the game!! Anybody going to D23 next weekend?

I will keep my eyes open! I am plan on heading directly to the Disney store pavilion when I get there. I collect plushes and they had some really great ones last time. I am still a little sore that I missed the Pixar Winston plush by literally two people. I did manage to the Nessie one (also from the Pixar short collection), though.

Edit: I don't really have any identifying features, just a moderately obese young woman with short brown hair and a large messenger bag. I will probably be talking to myself. Bad habit.

I don't think it has been posted yet. At least not to my knowledge. I think we will have to wait for the first of these cruises to find out.
I am finishing up the last gifts and then I will work on adding the to/from tags to the bundles. I am so excited !!
It varies for each cruise, normally they have it on the calendar when you check in, but I also noticed it wasn't there.

Can i ask what inch neck size Toby is? and if he has any diet restrictions?
For his FE gifts of course ;)
Oh wow you are ahead of the game!! Anybody going to D23 next weekend?
Not sure about neck size, I do know she only feeds him high quality foods, usually raw. I'll try to find out for you.

Last edited:
Ok my cruising companions, we have four slots left in group 2 before I will need to open up a third group. Just a PSA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter