Disney Wonder 7-Night Bahamian Cruise from Galveston Jan 15, 2021

Cruising Engineer

DIS Veteran
Hello Fellow Cruisers. We can't wait for a new year and another cruise on the Disney Wonder. This will be our first time out of Galveston. We debarked in Galveston after the EBPC cruise several years ago but embarkation is a totally new experience for us. Let us know if you processed in Galveston before and any tips for this port.

This one (hopefully) will be #11 for us and first-time concierge.
Where to start ...
  1. DCL is a great cruise line and the cast members (CM) are all so wonderful and willing to help in many ways.
  2. Rotation dining is one highlight of a Disney cruise. On the Wonder we will have Animator's Palate, Tiana's Place, and Triton's. Animator's Palate changes colors during the meal. Hard to explain but awesome. Tiana's is New Orleans style food and the atmosphere is based on the Princess and the Frog movie. Triton's, I would describe as the classic main dining room and based on the Little Mermaid. It's not cartoonish but very well decorated in classic ocean-going dining rooms style.
  3. The Navigator is the daily activities newsletter giving times and locations of the day's happenings, dress for dinner recommendations (There is sort of a dress code for the dining rooms but not enforced to the Nth degree, only Palo has a true dress code on this ship) where to meet characters, kids club activities, adult activities, etc.
  4. If you have children with you, there are clubs for different age groups. (We don't have kids).
  5. Castaway Cay is Disney's private island and the best part of the cruise other than the ship. Disney ships are the destination, they are the vacation. We cruise with DCL because we love being on the ship, the ports and islands are secondary.
I can go on forever. Normally I would clue you in on concierge's check-in system (which I am learning about), making advanced reservations for activities on the ship, decorating your door, what to pack and not-to-pack, and on and on, but right now is not exactly normal. We had 2 cruises canceled for September but are holding out hope the fall cruises will sail (Oct, Nov, Dec).

This website is excellent for gathering information on DCL. In the meantime, go to https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-many-more-days-until-your-disney-cruise-part-3.3204349/ and start your countdown posting. Read up on the latest with Key West https://www.disboards.com/threads/is-key-west-a-port-the-majority-will-miss.3807652/ . Just look around the cruise page for ideas and information and ask questions when one pops up. Lots of cruisers are slightly bummed-out right now because of all the cancelations, but many of us are very upbeat, ready to get back on that horse that just threw us off.

Ask me questions anytime, I'm here for you. And :welcome: aboard.

We just pulled the plug on this cruise and moved everything to the May 15th Eastern Caribbean. With the probability of Key West a No-Go, figured the opportunity to move up to concierge on the May cruise was just right. Enjoy the cruise everyone.

We just pulled the plug on this cruise and moved everything to the May 15th Eastern Caribbean. With the probability of Key West a No-Go, figured the opportunity to move up to concierge on the May cruise was just right. Enjoy the cruise everyone.
Concierge! Have a great time!!

Concierge! Have a great time!!
Thank you. First time experiencing concierge and Platinum. We earned Platinum upon completion of January 2020 B2B but never experienced the rewards with 2 canceled cruises in September and moving Jan 2021 further down the calendar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!