Disney Wonder 5 night Baja/ Oct 22, 2017

"Got Disney"

<font color=blue>They’re like Lays chips...just ca
WELCOME ABOARD EVERYONE :boat::boat::boat:
:welcome:
Disney Wonder San Diego to Baja for 5 Days of Sailing Oct. 22, 2017

Hi everyone :) I know our cruise is far away but its never to early to start chatting about it :)
My name is Robin and this will be our 9th Disney cruise..or 10 not sure....we have cruised on other ships as well but always come back to Disney :)

We are from SanDiego so always nice when they are in our own back yard...we are only 20 minutes away from port and 90 from Disneyland so we will do a FDL trip to get our Disney on for 3 days before the cruise.....

This time it will be only 3 of us...my older son is and will be away at college so just the 3 of us....On page 2 and 3 I will post our names and info for this cruise....I have already started it...will also post any kind of SD info that anyone wants....just let me know :)

I am reserving the next few posts for the group roll call, the FE list, and planned group activities (like meets, cabin crawls, and mixology ). As the group grows, I will keep these posts up to date with the most current information.

Day Port Guest Ashore Guest Onboard
1 San Diego, California - 4:00 PM
2 At Sea - -
3 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico* 8:30 AM 4:45 PM
4 At Sea - -
5 Ensenada, Mexico 9:15 AM 4:00 PM
6 San Diego, California 8:30 AM -

Here are a few links to some "trip reports" for this same 5 day itinerary...may help with some ideas :)

1. Wonder 5-night cruise from San Diego to Ensenada to Cabo
2. Back to Baja! Wonder Cruise Oct. 4th, 2015

Disney Cruise Line brings new experiences and enhancements to the Disney Wonder this Fall....
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-enhancements-to-the-disney-wonder-this-fall/

Last edited:
ROLL CALL

1) "Got Disney" Robin 56, Billie 62(DH) Michael 19(DS) No longer on this cruise but will keep it updated since I started the page :) we have changed to the Oct 8th Baha
Cabin # 2604
Dining: Late seating
From San Diego, ca.

2) Whittersc6363 (Whitney:28), husband (30), and our son (6).
Cabin# 2012
Dining: late seating

3) Poptarts (Kathie: 48), daughter (19)

Cabin#8546
Dining: early seating
From Orange County, CA

4) msnoble ..Maureen (me), from Ann Arbor, MI

Cindy (my SIL) from Clarksville, MD
Naomi from Ann Arbor, MI
Ayala from Northern VA
Jody from Menlo Park, CA

5) Ddgarciadd Denise 32 (me) Danny 32(husband) Dominic 9 (son) and Daniel 4 (son)

Cabin # 7032
Dining: late
from Bakersfield, CA

6) DlandAP

Last edited:
We probably won't do any of the group activities, but it's fun to just get on the meet thread.

It'll be me, my wife, DS6 (turning 7 on the cruise) and DD4.

Can't wait!

Hi Donathius...looks like we are the first 2 to arrive :) We wont be doing any excursions and may do the Fe...love the mixology that is fun but anything else that you may be interested in doing there is a page to post it on...just let me know as time goes on...I will add anything :)

When I booked this I didn't realize at the time that it will be a Halloween cruise, that is if they keep the Halloween theme going ...we did the Halloween on the high seas last year through the Caribbean on the Fantasy...it was a lot of fun...mostly for the little ones :)

Have you sailed DCL before? :)

We did a Mexico cruise Jan 2012. Our son was just barely 2 at the time so we left him with grandma. Been dying to get on another DCL cruise since then but haven't been able to afford it. My son will turn 7 on the last night of the cruise and we LOVE Halloween so we're really looking forward to it.

Donathius where are you from? is there a reason you decided to do the 5 day and not the 7 :) Your son will love the Halloween theme...many adults dress in costume as well...and they have contests.....some of the adult costumes are GREAT! they have the adult costume contest in the Adult clubs...we chose the 5 day because we are looking at also doing Aulani with our DVC points over the summer of 2017...that is if money prevails :)

is there anything that you want me to search for to put on page one or 2? anything :)

Also what seating do you have for Dining, and do you have a first name :) Cabin ifo as well...that is if you want to share...no need to if you don't :) want to add it to roll call :)

Coming from Utah. We stuck with the 5-day due to cost mostly - it's also questionable if our kids would handle 7 days well. We're just barely able to afford this cruise and it's still not 100%. We've got an oceanview cabin - 2214. Our kids are night owls so we went for late seating figuring that gives us the most flexibility if they're tired, cranky, etc.

Coming from Utah. We stuck with the 5-day due to cost mostly - it's also questionable if our kids would handle 7 days well. We're just barely able to afford this cruise and it's still not 100%. We've got an oceanview cabin - 2214. Our kids are night owls so we went for late seating figuring that gives us the most flexibility if they're tired, cranky, etc.

Late seating is good also because if your like us we eat all day and never hungry by 6pm....we are also not early birds...We are usually Deck 6 people...we love the verandah...but this time we will just do deck 2....My son and I did a 7 day alone for last Halloween with some friends and did our first indoor cabin on the Fantasy...would not hesitate to do that again on the Fantasy or Dream....the magic window was awesome :) $$$ for us as well is tight, many times we would just use of DVC points to cruise but we are saving them for my sons Hawaii trip to Aulani....

I love Utah...its so beautiful there :) When I was 18 I hitch hiked from NJ to Ca....across country and back...and we went through Utah and stayed there for a couple weeks at a commune...lol...yup a commune.....its was my fav state that we passed through...well second to Cali that is :)

It will be hard this time around leaving one son behind :( usually my husband will stay home and it is just my one son Michael traveling with me right after we got off a cruise....but this time Branden has been off DCL for a few years and wants to go but classes will be in his way....we made sure that we got a cabin that will sleep 4 just incase we can add him down the line.

I hope that you are able to pull this cruise out...start a cruise jar or do what we do...we have a vacation account at a different bank and we don't get the ATM card.... we have to go in and deposit and take out...this way it is never easy to use the funds.....the bank is in the Market that we shop at so it is easy to always deposit even if it is just $50....or less :) if it is out of sight we have no excuse to spend it or transfer it from savings to checking :)

Im surprised that no one has come in here yet...I will look to see if someone started a Facebook page for this cruise :)

Late seating is good also because if your like us we eat all day and never hungry by 6pm....we are also not early birds...We are usually Deck 6 people...we love the verandah...but this time we will just do deck 2....My son and I did a 7 day alone for last Halloween with some friends and did our first indoor cabin on the Fantasy...would not hesitate to do that again on the Fantasy or Dream....the magic window was awesome :) $$$ for us as well is tight, many times we would just use of DVC points to cruise but we are saving them for my sons Hawaii trip to Aulani....

I love Utah...its so beautiful there :) When I was 18 I hitch hiked from NJ to Ca....across country and back...and we went through Utah and stayed there for a couple weeks at a commune...lol...yup a commune.....its was my fav state that we passed through...well second to Cali that is :)

It will be hard this time around leaving one son behind :( usually my husband will stay home and it is just my one son Michael traveling with me right after we got off a cruise....but this time Branden has been off DCL for a few years and wants to go but classes will be in his way....we made sure that we got a cabin that will sleep 4 just incase we can add him down the line.

I hope that you are able to pull this cruise out...start a cruise jar or do what we do...we have a vacation account at a different bank and we don't get the ATM card.... we have to go in and deposit and take out...this way it is never easy to use the funds.....the bank is in the Market that we shop at so it is easy to always deposit even if it is just $50....or less :) if it is out of sight we have no excuse to spend it or transfer it from savings to checking :)

Im surprised that no one has come in here yet...I will look to see if someone started a Facebook page for this cruise :)

Haha, yeah we had that "terrible" problem when we cruised before of not being hungry for dinner. Still ate it though lol. We've never even had a window, our previous 7-day was a sideways inside cabin. Tried to get it again, but they won't do 4 people in one of those. Luckily for us it wasn't much more to at least get an oceanview.

I've started a Disney Vacation Account and have them pulling money out of my checking account at the beginning of each month (when I get paid). We just paid off a car and the monthly cost between now and the cruise is pretty much exactly what the car payment was. My wife is still balking at the price a bit in the face of other things we're trying to do (mostly house stuff) but I think she'll see the light soon enough :thumbsup2

Hi everyone! This will be our first cruise and we are so excited! It will be me (Whitney:28), husband (30), and our son (6). We are in cabin 2012 and have the later dining. I am hoping to do FE's, I am sure my little boy would love it!

Donathius, we are also from Utah!

We just moved to Orem a few months ago. Before that we were in Spanish Fork but I grew up in Provo and my husband in Santaquin. We are so close to eachother! Small world!

We moved from Orem to Springville 3 years ago, but I grew up in Provo too. Graduated from PHS class of '99.

You might know my sisters then! I believe that they graduated in '96 and '98. Their last name was Hadlock.

The name is definitely familiar. I've got a few mutual friends with Jennie Hadlock (Sabey) and Nicole Hadlock (Corless) on Facebook, but I didn't know them well or anything. The mutual friends are all people from high school so I'm betting they're your sisters. Most of the people I know from high school came from the Chorale and Chamber choir. It's a small world after all! :rotfl:

So I just had a little fun with DCL's website and was looking to see how many unsold staterooms there are on this cruise. I realize there's still over a year until sailing but out of 875 total staterooms there are still 307 available. I'd imagine the lion's share of bookings are done and there will just be a trickle until the actual sailing. Not bad for crowding and maybe we'll get some pixie dust upgrades! Here's the raw count of what's still available:

71 Standard inside
43 Deluxe inside
64 Deluxe oceanview
54 Deluxe oceanview with Verandah aft
16 Deluxe oceanview with Verandah mid
16 Deluxe oceanview with Verandah fore
8 Deluxe Family oceanview with Verandah aft
8 Deluxe Family oceanview with Verandah mid
14 Deluxe Family oceanview with Verandah fore
3 Concierge 1 bedroom aft
6 Concierge 1 bedroom mid
2 Concierge 1 bedroom fore
2 Concierge 2 bedroom fore
Royals are taken

So I just had a little fun with DCL's website and was looking to see how many unsold staterooms there are on this cruise. I realize there's still over a year until sailing but out of 875 total staterooms there are still 307 available. I'd imagine the lion's share of bookings are done and there will just be a trickle until the actual sailing. Not bad for crowding and maybe we'll get some pixie dust upgrades! Here's the raw count of what's still available:

71 Standard inside
43 Deluxe inside
64 Deluxe oceanview
54 Deluxe oceanview with Verandah aft
16 Deluxe oceanview with Verandah mid
16 Deluxe oceanview with Verandah fore
8 Deluxe Family oceanview with Verandah aft
8 Deluxe Family oceanview with Verandah mid
14 Deluxe Family oceanview with Verandah fore
3 Concierge 1 bedroom aft
6 Concierge 1 bedroom mid
2 Concierge 1 bedroom fore
2 Concierge 2 bedroom fore
Royals are taken

So when you did this for the cabins did you put in 4 in the stateroom ? because they only have so many for 4 in a stateroom and than there are 3 and 2 to a stateroom as it books up :) just curious :) and you have to much time on your hands if you are doing that...lol....

Did you notice if the price has gone up yet? I know for me I was waiting for this cruise to come back :) we were going to do the 7 BUT well.....I just sure wish they would do this cruise in the summer as well...instead of when they do it...maybe with all the turmoil going on in the Middle East and Europe they will start to rethink the Mediterranean cruise since there are travel warning all the time...there is no way I would travel anywhere in Europe at this time.

If they were to leave a ship here in Sd or La I would be doing the happy dance all day long :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter