Disney Wonder 3-night Baja October 5th, 2017

How fun that there are so many people from the immediate area! And yes, that 2 week fall break is a lifesaver every year for sure!

How neat about Organ Stop. I have only been there a couple of times but we had a good time!

So since this is a smaller group and I am hoping to get some ideas from the experts without being overwhelmed... is this an OK place to ask about what your kids do on a cruise if they are NOT in any of the kids' clubs? Are there other things outside the clubs that interest them? Do they generally stay with you or what is your normal routine (if there is such a thing)?

If this isn't the right place to ask, please feel free to redirect me!
Thank you!
This is a great place to ask! Our kids never go to the clubs, we spend our days pretty much with each other the whole time playing trivia, bingo, towel folding classes, etc. we've done arts and crafts, attended baking demonstrations (watched the pastry chef make a 6 foot long Apple streudel), basically if it's a family fun activity, we're there. We do more of that stuff and the shows after dinner. We also love watching movies at night on the pool deck. Go to disneycruiselineblog.com and check out the navigators for various cruises and you'll get a good idea of activities. BTW, if you see a game in the evening called The Quest, it's a must do, tons of fun.

Thank you very much! I will check out the blog. The last cruise I went on (just this past March) was just me and my husband so I was not paying attention to anything that kids might be interested in. Obviously DCL would probably have the most/best options for families traveling together!

For those of you coming in from this area (Phoenix)... do you plan to fly or drive in? if you are driving (I am sure we will be driving), do you plan to stay in a hotel in SD the night before or just drive in the morning of?

I have walked past, but never departed from, the terminal in SD. I don't even know where parking is although I will have to look up Aladdin (I think that's what I read) and see where they are. Is it pretty painless? We won't have concierge or anything and since this is our first, no "level" or anything that might help us out.

Thanks for being willing to answer all my newbie questions!

@Club Disney Chandler , what school does your daughter attend, if you don't mind my asking? It would be a hoot if she and my son go to the same school (he is in 7th grade at Payne)

Thank you very much! I will check out the blog. The last cruise I went on (just this past March) was just me and my husband so I was not paying attention to anything that kids might be interested in. Obviously DCL would probably have the most/best options for families traveling together!
BTW, I love your picture with your screen name! It took me back to my childhood, I used to love Battle of the Planets.

For those of you coming in from this area (Phoenix)... do you plan to fly or drive in? if you are driving (I am sure we will be driving), do you plan to stay in a hotel in SD the night before or just drive in the morning of?

I have walked past, but never departed from, the terminal in SD. I don't even know where parking is although I will have to look up Aladdin (I think that's what I read) and see where they are. Is it pretty painless? We won't have concierge or anything and since this is our first, no "level" or anything that might help us out.

Thanks for being willing to answer all my newbie questions!

@Club Disney Chandler , what school does your daughter attend, if you don't mind my asking? It would be a hoot if she and my son go to the same school (he is in 7th grade at Payne)
Both of my kids are at Basha now but both attended Payne, my wife teaches at Patterson Elementary in Adora Trails.

BTW, I love your picture with your screen name! It took me back to my childhood, I used to love Battle of the Planets.

Both of my kids are at Basha now but both attended Payne, my wife teaches at Patterson Elementary in Adora Trails.

Oh my gosh! Almost no one knows that show!!!!!

My younger son attends Patterson!!!

What a small world this is! You must live super close to me (Adora Trails) if your kids go to Basha!

This is such fun!!

Sorry for all the exclamation points!!

Oh my gosh! Almost no one knows that show!!!!!

My younger son attends Patterson!!!

What a small world this is! You must live super close to me (Adora Trails) if your kids go to Basha!

This is such fun!!

Sorry for all the exclamation points!!
We actually live off Cooper and Ocotillo. My wife used to teach at Navarrete so our kids went there and continued on to Payne and Basha, they were supposed to go to San Tan and Perry.

We actually live off Cooper and Ocotillo. My wife used to teach at Navarrete so our kids went there and continued on to Payne and Basha, they were supposed to go to San Tan and Perry.

And my older son started at Navarette (K-2nd) until we moved here to AT. (queue Twilight Zone music...)

I am already enjoying this immensely.

Now off to research whether it's worth it to have my older son room with my parents we get a regular room for just the other 4 of us, or keep the 5 person room we are currently booked in.

I enjoy the research but it gets a bit overwhelming sometimes.

How fun that there are so many people from the immediate area! And yes, that 2 week fall break is a lifesaver every year for sure!

How neat about Organ Stop. I have only been there a couple of times but we had a good time!

So since this is a smaller group and I am hoping to get some ideas from the experts without being overwhelmed... is this an OK place to ask about what your kids do on a cruise if they are NOT in any of the kids' clubs? Are there other things outside the clubs that interest them? Do they generally stay with you or what is your normal routine (if there is such a thing)?

If this isn't the right place to ask, please feel free to redirect me!
Thank you!

I was going to also let you know that it is okay to ask any questions here or you can also go to our group on a prominent social media page under the date of this cruise and ship name. I live about a mile from Club Disney Chandler at Ocotillo and McQueen, but have not had the pleasure of meeting him. My daughter is a 7th grader at Willis, she was previously at Knox Gifted Academy for elementary, where my wife taught (daughter was there first, wife transferred from Shumway). Daughter was supposed to be Santan for elementary and junior high, but the CATS program was full when we moved in, so she ended up at KGA. Since most of her friends were going to Willis, we had her go for their CATS program, plus we weren't that impressed with Santan Junior High. Currently, we live on the corner that would send her to Basha for high school, but we are thinking we will push for Hamilton since it is less than a mile-and-a-half away and she already spends two to three nights per week in their pool.
I was also a childhood fan of Battle of the Planets with Mark, Jason, Princess, Keyop, and Tiny.
As for getting to this cruise, we will be on the 4-night before it for a back-to-back. We still haven't decided if we will drive or fly in the morning of the first cruise.

Last edited:

I was also a childhood fan of Battle of the Planets with Mark, Jason, Princess, Keyop, and Tiny.

I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE! Now I shall have to bring my BOTP t shirt on the cruise.

Thank you for the tip on the prominent social media page!

This world gets smaller and smaller. My mom taught at Knox for many many years (before it became the gifted academy) and then retired from Patterson about 3 years ago!

This is fun!

Please excuse my giddiness. I actually am older than I act and I actually have cruised before, but the first time was about 13 years ago and I don't remember much about it, and the second time was on a Carnival ship and while we enjoyed ourselves it just wasn't Disney!!!

Looking forward to this cruise! Just wish it weren't so far away. Our last cruise was October 2015 so it seems like forever away!

I'm not seeing this cruise on the DCL site when I went to look if it's a Halloween cruise. Is it sold out? Am I just not seeing it? Or... Are we being chartered....

Oddly, when I look at my upcoming cruises on the DCL webpage, this one does not have a description next to it in the reservations section. My other cruise still does. I don't think it would be sold out. And even if it were, I believe it would still show up. Im a little nervous......its the only one that works with my kids' school schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter