Disney Wonder 3-night Baja October 5th, 2017

scgustafson

DIS Veteran/DCL Platinum
I guess I am the first, so here goes, I am Scott will be sailing with my wife and daughter (13 at cruise time), this will be a back-to-back for us, with this as the second leg. We are from Chandler, Arizona and this will be cruise number 11 for us (so first as Platinum). Our other cruises were/are:
  • 4-night Bahamas on Disney Dream - September-October, 2012 (Earned Silver)
  • 7-night Alaska on Disney Wonder - June, 2013
  • 7-night Eastern Caribbean on Disney Fantasy - October, 2013
  • 12-night Mediterranean on Disney Magic - June, 2014 (Grand Slam complete)
  • 4-night Bahamas on Disney Dream - October, 2014 (Earned Gold)
  • 7-night Northern Europe on Disney Magic - June, 2015
  • 12-night British Isles on Disney Magic - June, 2016
  • 7-night Western Caribbean on Disney Fantasy - October, 2016
  • 11-night Southern Caribbean on Disney Fantasy - June, 2017
  • 4-night Baja on Disney Wonder - October, 2017 (Earned Platinum)
  • This one
Looking forward to seeing who else is sailing with us. Feel free to use this group to setup FE and other exchange groups, as well as tastings and meet-and-greets.

Hi, I'm Alicea. :) Hubby and I will be on this cruise, last leg of a B2B2B. We are from Seattle and the kiddos are staying at home.

Hi, I'm Alicea. :) Hubby and I will be on this cruise, last leg of a B2B2B. We are from Seattle and the kiddos are staying at home.

I am having a little feeling of deja vu. Glad to have you on this cruise, as it looks like we may be the only two families on it.

I am having a little feeling of deja vu. Glad to have you on this cruise, as it looks like we may be the only two families on it.
It's Deja's vu X3, we're on this leg as well!

Have either of you noticed only the 7 day Mexico cruises show up on the DCL website when doing a general search? I've been able to back foot my way into finding them but it takes some effort.

Also, what is up with the very minor price difference between the two cruises? We only paid $24 more total for the 4 night vs the 3 night, so weird.

It's Deja's vu X3, we're on this leg as well!

Have either of you noticed only the 7 day Mexico cruises show up on the DCL website when doing a general search? I've been able to back foot my way into finding them but it takes some effort.

Also, what is up with the very minor price difference between the two cruises? We only paid $24 more total for the 4 night vs the 3 night, so weird.

It's a Small World after all (sorry to plant that earbug), our price difference between the 2 was $130 per adult, same for our daughter, but on the 3-night the taxes and fees went up almost $20 total. Ensenada must be more expensive that Cabo San Lucas for docking fees. Either way, as even a back-to-back, these were some good prices in my opinion. We could not do the 7-night since it was still the week before Fall Break, so I never priced it, but I found it by selecting Mexico instead of California Coast.

It's a Small World after all (sorry to plant that earbug), our price difference between the 2 was $130 per adult, same for our daughter, but on the 3-night the taxes and fees went up almost $20 total. Ensenada must be more expensive that Cabo San Lucas for docking fees. Either way, as even a back-to-back, these were some good prices in my opinion. We could not do the 7-night since it was still the week before Fall Break, so I never priced it, but I found it by selecting Mexico instead of California Coast.

I just ran the price for both of the 7-night Mexican Rivera cruises for our same cabin, and it was about $650 less to go on each of those. But, one is a week too early and the other a week too late.

I just ran the price for both of the 7-night Mexican Rivera cruises for our same cabin, and it was about $650 less to go on each of those. But, one is a week too early and the other a week too late.
I would have rather done the 7 night but, just like you, it's the wrong week. It would have been cool to see Puerto Vallarta again as my wife and I spent the first half of our honeymoon there. The second half was at Disneyland, way back when we could ride the monorail from the Disneyland Hotel into the park!

My daughter is super excited about the B2B because we'll be gold on the second leg.

I would have rather done the 7 night but, just like you, it's the wrong week. It would have been cool to see Puerto Vallarta again as my wife and I spent the first half of our honeymoon there. The second half was at Disneyland, way back when we could ride the monorail from the Disneyland Hotel into the park!

My daughter is super excited about the B2B because we'll be gold on the second leg.

Congrats on making Gold. We will be Platinum on the second leg, unless I can talk my wife into a Christmas cruise this year.

Congrats on making Gold. We will be Platinum on the second leg, unless I can talk my wife into a Christmas cruise this year.
Congrats on platinum! I'd love to do a Christmas cruise, the year I finally sell my restaurant we'll be taking one. There's a chance it could happen late 2016 or early 2017. If it does, the first thing I'll be doing is booking the Fantasy double dip for 12/23/17!!!

Enjoy your British Isles cruise, we leave tomorrow for Barcelona for an 8 night Mediterranean on the new Carnival Vista. It's certainly going to be different from DCL, but it gives a chance to try something new.

Congrats on platinum! I'd love to do a Christmas cruise, the year I finally sell my restaurant we'll be taking one. There's a chance it could happen late 2016 or early 2017. If it does, the first thing I'll be doing is booking the Fantasy double dip for 12/23/17!!!

Enjoy your British Isles cruise, we leave tomorrow for Barcelona for an 8 night Mediterranean on the new Carnival Vista. It's certainly going to be different from DCL, but it gives a chance to try something new.

Safe travels. I hope your Carnival cruise is much better than my experience, which I posted about in the dark-side thread. If you sell the restaurant, do you get to keep the organ, or at least a pipe or two?

We are booked for this cruise and the 3 night in May 2017. We will ultimately only sail on one... But I'll follow along! My husband and I are sailing without the kids- who are 4 and 5 right now. We are also from AZ- the Phoenix/ Scottsdale border- close to Kierland!

We are booked for this cruise and the 3 night in May 2017. We will ultimately only sail on one... But I'll follow along! My husband and I are sailing without the kids- who are 4 and 5 right now. We are also from AZ- the Phoenix/ Scottsdale border- close to Kierland!
Looks like it's going to be an all AZ cruise, welcome aboard.

Hi! I just booked this cruise (first DCL) yesterday and I am in Gilbert, AZ!! (Chandler School District).

At time of travel I will have a 13yo son, a 12yo stepson, a 10yo son, an 8 yo nephew, and a 6yo niece.

My husband, sister, BIL, my parents, BIL's parents, and possibly my aunt and her boyfriend will be part of our group although my room is apart from the others due to the need for a 5 person room.

Most of the adults have cruised before and none of the kids have so they're a bit apprehensive about the kids' clubs/activities. I am going to have to force them out of their comfort zones....

Can't wait!

Hi! I just booked this cruise (first DCL) yesterday and I am in Gilbert, AZ!! (Chandler School District).

At time of travel I will have a 13yo son, a 12yo stepson, a 10yo son, an 8 yo nephew, and a 6yo niece.

My husband, sister, BIL, my parents, BIL's parents, and possibly my aunt and her boyfriend will be part of our group although my room is apart from the others due to the need for a 5 person room.

Most of the adults have cruised before and none of the kids have so they're a bit apprehensive about the kids' clubs/activities. I am going to have to force them out of their comfort zones....

Can't wait!

Welcome aboard. There are a lot of us on the cruise from the Valley, specifically the East Valley, you have to love the 2 week Fall Break in CUSD. Also, we have a bunch of Southern Californians.

How fun that there are so many people from the immediate area! And yes, that 2 week fall break is a lifesaver every year for sure!

How neat about Organ Stop. I have only been there a couple of times but we had a good time!

So since this is a smaller group and I am hoping to get some ideas from the experts without being overwhelmed... is this an OK place to ask about what your kids do on a cruise if they are NOT in any of the kids' clubs? Are there other things outside the clubs that interest them? Do they generally stay with you or what is your normal routine (if there is such a thing)?

If this isn't the right place to ask, please feel free to redirect me!
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter