Disney Wonder 14-night Westbound Panama Canal March 6th, 2020

Many hotels do not have their updated schedules out yet for next March so do not despair. I will be staying smack dab in the middle of the French Quarter if all goes well. I have some must-do restaurants to go to and I want to check out the NCIC-New Orleans tapings or some of the locales they use for the show.(also I love Scott Bakula!):lovestruc

I assume you're talking about NCIS That's a great idea. Is there a map that identifies the locales?

I'd like to check out some of the NCIS locales too, will have to research this :)

We're staying at the Trubadour for two nights before the cruise. It's our first time in NOLA so we'd love to stay for longer, but we just can't get any more vacation time unfortunately. It's already a three week trip in total for us.

I bought non-refundable tickets to New Orleans yesterday, so unless something drastic happens, we're committed now!

There's a category 4A guarantee available on DCL's website right now, in case anyone sees this quickly and is looking to upgrade. Nearly $20K CAD for my family of four = way more than I'm willing to pay. And that's after OBB.

Also looking for hotel ideas! It's me, my husband, 1 year old, and 4 year old. I'm not sure if we're arriving via train or plane. I have no clue what my husband wants to do in the way of walking, car, or dcl transportation to the port--we haven't discussed it yet. I do know he's hoping to walk and get some yummy beignets for breakfast the morning of the cruise.

I made tentative reservations at the Omni Royal Orleans. The cheapest room with AAA discount is about 205.00 It is a "petite" room and I think it
is smaller than my stateroom...but it does have a queen bed. May get the room with French doors to a small balcony for a bit more,
Still looking at the Monteleone or the Bourbon Orleans.

Ahh the things we find when avoiding working...

Hello all, we booked awhile ago (GTY 9C...my goal is to get a GTY 9B :D ) and have been active in the FB page but found you guys here and decided to say hello! It will be our 3rd DCL, we've done the 4 day Dream and a 6 night repositioning from NYC to San Juan on the Magic. My husband and I are so so excited to have all the sea days (and the port days where we don't go into port...) We haven't told the girls, (10 and 12 at sail away) about the trip yet. Due to some issues on our last cruise and our placeholder we were able to book this and it just so happens that one of the weeks falls during spring break so the kids will only miss about 7 school days. It doesn't hurt, as well, that we can drive home from the port.

Just booked 3 nights at the Bourbon Orleans too. Now I have to decide which hotel I am keeping...The Omni Royal or the Bourbon Orleans. The Bourbon Orleans is a bigger room for less money and it is reported to be haunted! They have a haunted tour of the hotel one day a week....spooky!

Hi Everyone!

This will be our 7th cruise. We are from the Woodlands, Texas by way of California. Our kids will be 7 and 4 at the time of sailing.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi Everyone!

This will be our 7th cruise. We are from the Woodlands, Texas by way of California. Our kids will be 7 and 4 at the time of sailing.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Welcome to the cruise!

We used to live in Spring just off Sawdust (by way of Pennsylvania). Our oldest daughter will be 4 too! We look forward to meeting you too!

I used to work with a company in The Woodlands. Nice area.

Hi everyone! Finally catching up on Disboards! We booked a while back and so excited!! I keep sayin IF we get to go.. I really just need to pay monthly on this thing so I don’t have sticker shock when I pay it off! Even tho the price is reasonable since I booked opening week!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone

Hi everyone! Finally catching up on Disboards! We booked a while back and so excited!! I keep sayin IF we get to go.. I really just need to pay monthly on this thing so I don’t have sticker shock when I pay it off! Even tho the price is reasonable since I booked opening week!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone
Hey there! Disboards has been pretty quiet, but we're still here.. I hear ya about making payments....we just paid off our November cruise, so we still have to pay off this one--I think I'm mentally prepared for the sticker shock... We originally booked the first New Orleans cruise, but then switched to this one when we realized that for under $1,000 more total we could have a whole second week aboard the Wonder. We're looking forward to getting to know everyone too!

Just booked our “adults only” Panama Canal trip! DH, DD, DM, and BFF. Excited and planning. Last cruise DD was a child now she’s 21! Looking forward to a great time. Any other adult groups traveling?

Cruise booked, partial check as still need to pay off, flights booked, check (and that was a little painful it being the end of March Break where we are, flights back were $$), hotel pre-cruise booked, check and check a 2nd time as we change our minds where to stay. Now all we need is our PIF date to roll around for excursion and on-board activity booking and before we know it the cruise will be here.

I will have just paid off my Adventures by Disney trip when this one is due....ACK! Oh well, it's only money.....and anyway, with the new SWGE section opening and half of EPCOT closing, it may not be the best time to go to WDW for a while, WAY too much construction.

Sorry to steal your cabin! This was booked by our travel agent, so I had nothing to do with it! So, since you had it for 2 prior WBPC, I take it that you liked it?

... flights booked, check (and that was a little painful it being the end of March Break where we are, flights back were $$)...

Ontario?

I'm watching return flights closely, but so far haven't booked. Prices right now are a bit hard to swallow; I'm hoping they will come down a bit around October. We will likely fly from LA and there is enough competition on those routes that I'm not too worried about the possibility of a big increase just yet. We also have some flexibility on timing, so we can afford to wait a bit longer. Our kids get two weeks at March Break (independent school), so it's only our limited vacation time that we need to be concerned about. We will probably look to fly back on the Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!