Disney Wonder 14-night Westbound Panama Canal March 6th, 2020

scgustafson

DIS Veteran/DCL Platinum
Hello All,
I guess I am the first for this sailing. My name is Scott and I will be travelling with my wife Donna and our daughter, Kenzie, who will be 15 on this cruise. We are from Chandler, Arizona, but have lived quite a few places across the US due to my being a retired Naval Officer. This will be our 17th DCL cruise, and we have sailed the previous, or currently booked, ones:
  • 4-night Bahamas on Disney Dream - September-October 2012
  • 7-night Alaska on Disney Wonder - June 2013
  • 7-night Eastern Caribbean on Disney Fantasy - October 2013
  • 12-night Mediterranean on Disney Magic - June 2014
  • 4-night Bahamas on Disney Dream - October 2014
  • 7-night Northern Europe on Disney Magic - June 2015
  • Inaugural 12-night British Isles on Disney Magic - June 2016
  • Inaugural 8-night Western Caribbean on Disney Fantasy - October 2016
  • 4-night Baja on Disney Wonder - October 2017 (first leg of back-to-back)
  • 3-night Baja on Disney Wonder - October 2017 (second leg of back-to-back)
  • 7-night Bahamas on Disney Wonder - December 2017-January 2018
  • 7-night Mediterranean on Disney Magic - June 2018
  • 7-night Bahamas on Disney Wonder - December 2018-January 2019
  • 5-night Baja on Disney Wonder - March 2019
  • 7-night Alaska on Disney Wonder - June 2019
  • 7-night Eastern Caribbean on Disney Fantasy - December 2019-January 2020

Glad to see this thread get started! My DH and I will be sailing with at least 4 other couples (possibly more) and are excited to knock this adventure off our bucket list. Looking forward to this sailing.

Hi folks! Thanks for starting this thread, Scott.
This will be our 12th Disney cruise. I am impressed with your list - I can't remember all our cruises!

Recently, we have been doing the EBTA every other year - 2014, 2016 and 2018.
We are looking forward to trying something different this time, and the Panama Canal looked great!

This will also be our first cruise without our kids, so we are in an inside cabin - 6521.

Hi fellow cruisers, if all goes as planned this will be our17th cruise and we'll be celebrating our 40th anniversary. We've recently finished the British Isles and Westbound Transatlantic cruises for my retirement trip, which was wonderful staying on board for 18 nights. We're so looking forward to exploring New Orleans before the cruise and maybe a short stay in San Diego or Anaheim after.

I am soooooo excited. This morning when I logged in to book I intended to book a 4 night Bahamas and then we'd do a few days at Disney but when I told dh the price of this cruise he said book it. We're planning on spending a day or two in New Orleans and then a day or so in San Diego.

Hello
I’m not new.. but it’s been a while so had bit of trouble logging on so ‘meh’
We’ve done a few .. this will be ‘lucky 13’, but we’ve not been in the Wonder for a few years. I sent my OH the link to New Orleans based cruises for a laugh.. we visited there early this year and really wanted to go back. But holy cow.. the price of this won us over!
DCL has priced themselves out of our market tbh.. and with the exception of a four night Dream in January, as I really really wanted to be on Castaway to celebrate a ‘special ‘ birthday, I legitimately thought our Disney cruise days were over. But here we are!
It’s our Silver wedding anniversary around the cruise date ( the week after but still) so that’s worth pushing the boat out. Fantastic itinerary. Panama Canal is on our bucket list, so too good to turn down!

Greetings!
This will be my 11th cruise, 9th for my husband. It will be our second WBPC cruise. We are leaving the kiddos behind. I booked this cruise as a surprise for our 20th anniversary. I’m going to try and keep it a secret until about a week or two before we leave. :)

Hello all!
If all goes as planned (my husbands' vacation schedule is a bit of a beast work with haha!) this will be our 9th Disney cruise!And our 7th time on the Wonder. We live just outside of Vancouver BC and will be travelling with our two girls who will be 11 1/2 & 9 at the time of this sailing. I know that I've 'met' several of you already over on the social-media page but I like joining the cruise meets on the Dis as well :flower:

Hello all - my family will be joining you as well. It will be me, DH, DS 16 & DD 9. This will be our 10th Disney cruise - hello platinum! This will also be our second WBPC cruise. We loved our first one so much, but did not think we would be able to do another one for at least ten years due to our kid's ages and where they would be in school. Timing lined everything up where we decided to switch our high school son to a web academy on Monday and took advantage of opening day prices on Tuesday! We cannot wait for 14 more glorious days on the Wonder. We are also looking forward to beignets in New Orleans. :)

Hello all - my family will be joining you as well. It will be me, DH, DS 16 & DD 9. This will be our 10th Disney cruise - hello platinum! This will also be our second WBPC cruise. We loved our first one so much, but did not think we would be able to do another one for at least ten years due to our kid's ages and where they would be in school. Timing lined everything up where we decided to switch our high school son to a web academy on Monday and took advantage of opening day prices on Tuesday! We cannot wait for 14 more glorious days on the Wonder. We are also looking forward to beignets in New Orleans. :)
Isn’t platinum after 10 completed cruises?

Hello everyone. I am a single solo traveler from Vermont and this will be my 3rd DCL cruise. I just got back from the WBTA and did the EBTA in 2017. I must admit I really wanted the Hawaii cruise, but I just became a Silver and well it was waaaayyy sold out before I could make my call. I had heard only good things about the Panama Canal (and my Mom had always wanted to do it but she is gone now) so here I am. I am really looking forward to this one too. I also am excited that I get to go back to NOLA so I am definitely taking a few days to do the town. Already know what I am going to do. Breakfast at Café du Monde, Jazz brunch at Court of Two Sisters, and dinner at either Antoine's or Brennan's, maybe go visit Emeril and somewhere along the line have a Po' boy.
I am taking a sea break in 2019 to do an ABD Southern Calif Backstage Magic (love Disneyland)but I will be back to the sea in 2020. The only problem is this time I have an inside room, just could not swing an oceanview or veranda this time ( as singles pay double on any cruise). This will be my 8th cruise altogether and I have always had at least a porthole. Will I hate not having that view to the outside?? Guess I will have to have the TV tuned into the view from the bow
on 24 hours a day! Well, see you all on board!

:welcome: to everyone who has joined so far! My BFF and I have been planning a Panama crossing since 2010 when we sailed on the Disney Magic! 2020 will be our 60th birthday year and have been long awaiting this sailing. Let the planning begin, FE's, events, excursions, etc! :hippie:

Last edited:
We are doing inside this cruise, too. We were on deck two oceanview last time, but just wanted to be able to do it again. We have done inside one other time on our 12 day Med and it really did not seem all that different. We spend most of our time in other areas around the ship anyway. You will love this cruise.

Hello everyone. I am a single solo traveler from Vermont and this will be my 3rd DCL cruise. I just got back from the WBTA and did the EBTA in 2017. I must admit I really wanted the Hawaii cruise, but I just became a Silver and well it was waaaayyy sold out before I could make my call. I had heard only good things about the Panama Canal (and my Mom had always wanted to do it but she is gone now) so here I am. I am really looking forward to this one too. I also am excited that I get to go back to NOLA so I am definitely taking a few days to do the town. Already know what I am going to do. Breakfast at Café du Monde, Jazz brunch at Court of Two Sisters, and dinner at either Antoine's or Brennan's, maybe go visit Emeril and somewhere along the line have a Po' boy.
I am taking a sea break in 2019 to do an ABD Southern Calif Backstage Magic (love Disneyland)but I will be back to the sea in 2020. The only problem is this time I have an inside room, just could not swing an oceanview or veranda this time ( as singles pay double on any cruise). This will be my 8th cruise altogether and I have always had at least a porthole. Will I hate not having that view to the outside?? Guess I will have to have the TV tuned into the view from the bow
on 24 hours a day! Well, see you all on board!
See post 14. I meant to reply to you, but did not. I think you will be good with inside. :)

Hi everyone :flower3: I just got off the phone with DCL and booked a cat 11b guarantee :sail:Sailing this time will simply be me and DH it will be our 25th wedding anniversary :groom: We have always sailed with our 4 kids in a verandah cabin but the price was just TOOO much for our budget, and as of April of next year our youngest [twins] will be 18 sooooo yeah :rolleyes1 they don't know yet LOL. We have sailed on the Magic and Fantasy so this will be the first time on the Wonder. We personally prefer the smaller Wonder/Magic ships...they just feel sooooo homier. :cutie: The longest we have sailed was 7 nights so I am SUPER excited about all the extra days :yay: Can't wait to get to know all of you and Scott :thanks: for putting the group together.

We are doing inside this cruise, too. We were on deck two oceanview last time, but just wanted to be able to do it again. We have done inside one other time on our 12 day Med and it really did not seem all that different. We spend most of our time in other areas around the ship anyway. You will love this cruise.

I'm stoked, managed to change our room from a Standard Inside to a Deluxe Inside but it's one of the 'secret porthole' rooms :cheer2: Normally I love my verandah but I can't make the budget stretch that far this time :rotfl2:

Hi everyone, I wondered if anybody had started this thread yet. I'm Jo from the UK. This will be our third WBPC, having previously done the 2015 and 2017 sailings. I will be travelling with my husband, Gary, and our friends Kim and Terry. Also, my daughter and her fiance have decided to book this cruise too, so they may well be along for the ride. This will be our first cruise as Platinum - we still have a long way to go to catch up to Scott ;)

Hi folks! Thanks for starting this thread, Scott.
This will be our 12th Disney cruise. I am impressed with your list - I can't remember all our cruises!

Recently, we have been doing the EBTA every other year - 2014, 2016 and 2018.
We are looking forward to trying something different this time, and the Panama Canal looked great!

This will also be our first cruise without our kids, so we are in an inside cabin - 6521.

Ah, I was wondering who 'stole' our cabin ;) We have had 6521 for both of our previous WBPC cruises. We couldn't get it this time around so will be neighbours in 6503.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!