Disney With No Kids - Suggestions?

I have two trips coming up - one in November with my husband and some of our best friends. One in February, with just my best friend (girls trip! Woohoo!).

I have several things listed that I want to try, but I want some fresh takes on it. So what would you do on these types of vacations? Keys to the Kingdom tour is on our list :).
My wife and I tend to let our inner child out as soon as we enter the parks, riding the various attractions as soon as the park opens.

Then we slow down a bit and stroll around people-watching and immersing ourselves in the experience and details of the park.

We might return to our resort for relaxation time.

Then it's back to Epcot to eat and imbibe.

We like to finish off the evening at the Baylake Tower Top of the World lounge (DVC), and watch the fireworks.

Be a child and a grownup!

My husband and I are also going in November (after food and wine). My brother will be joining us for part of the trip also. Personally I have used touringplans to devise what we will do this go around. They have plans designated for adults without children, seniors, etc. I'm not sure how much access you get to these features without having to pay, so YMMV.

But also, I am still a child at heart, especially when it comes to Theme Parks in general. I'm still planning to do M&Gs and ride Dumbo, because life is too serious outside of the World. No reason to be super mature while I'm in it.

I've been on more without kids trips than with kid trips (though my kid's only 22 months old) and we love it! I don't drink so drinking around the world has never appealed to me, but we love to look in shops without being rushed. Eating great meals and places you might not go with a kid (California Grill!) and there's a great set of two rocking chairs at MK on the back of Hall of Presidents next to the Muppet show that is perfect for people watching.

Interestingly enough, we have travelled once in the last 5 years with one of our adult children.

She insisted that we go to Epcot. Ironically, my three children hated that park when they were teenagers, complaining that it was soooooo boring.

However, my daughter told her siblings about her recent trip, and they can't wait to go.

So completes the circle of life experience.

We don't have kids yet so all our trips are sans kids. Things we like to do... Sit down ADRs for dinner each night, shopping, pool at night, resort hop, go on our fave rides over and over :) We recently began staying at GF and found it SO relaxing to just sit in the lobby listening to the Grand Orchestra and pianist :)

We went in June (couple). We went to every restaurant we had ever wanted to try since we got reservations at odd times. We had a 8:00 for Cinderella's castle and actually got to watch fireworks right outside the castle.

DH and I are going in November. I am looking forward to being able to just sit and people-watch, slow down and really look around, and poking into the corners of World Showcase. Also I want to just do some resort-hopping. Basically things that would be boring for the kids

I find that going without kids gives you a chance to slow down and savor other things. For instance, we will take boat transportation more, add comments that we are having a "romantic date night" in our dinner reservations (it's gotten us great tables and nice little surprises in the past), and spend WAY too much time in a lot of shops.

Oh my gosh, I love this! My first time stumbling across a thread with this type of information. This makes "adulting" so much easier while at Disney World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter