Disney with 2 toddlers!

Khirsch789

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am a native Floridian and grew up going to WDW but have yet to take my 2 sons (2 and 1). We are going in August (I know the worst month!) and would love any suggestions, things we should schedule (if available) etc,etc. We are likely staying at BWI.

Thanks in advance!
Kim

That is such a fun age and the age we took our kids for the first time. Just remember to take it at their pace. If they want to stop and watch the ducks, just watch Aladdin carpets go round and round, let them. Also plan plenty of breaks where they get something to drink and a snack. They can get dehydrated fast. We were big on not setting an alarm and letting them wake up naturally. That way no one was tired and cranky from the start(something you see often in the parks). Try to keep some kind of a feeding schedule that is similar to home if you can. I would get a FP for the popular rides like Peter Pan if you can. It really is more go with the flow at that age. I would not over schedule too much. Make time to go swimming also. Have fun.

I have 2 toddlers as well (3 and 1) and we have been several times. I've learned:
1) prepare for them to be timid around characters
2) stroller naps work best for us. If they're tired, they never make it back to the resort awake after the long stroller ride to the bus and then the bus ride itself.
3) feeding patterns change. My son would only eat goldfish on one of our trips even though he ate all the normal kid stuff at restaurants at home. It is a good idea to bring some snacks your littles will eat.
3) baby care centers are great!
4) nap schedules change too. Don't be surprised if your normal 12 pm napper falls asleep in the stroller at 10:30.
5) use fp and rider swap to your advantage so you don't spend much time in line. We like to wait no more than 20 or 30 minutes for anything, and this is totally possible with good planning
6) you can get a lot done with low waits if you show up at rope drop

Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!