Disney wheelchair

margot31

DIS Veteran
So we are getting my mother in law a wheelchair for our fall trip. just how comfortable are those chairs at disney compared to say renting off site? Wondering which would be easier if we rent at the park or just throw it in the back of my car. Also I read you can rent one for the whole week type thing which would save us a little more money...do you have to be an on property guest or even if you are staying off property?

It sounds like you are staying offsite, so if you have room in your vehicle, I'd rent from offsite. That will allow her to use the wheelchair to/from your vehicle and around your resort as well. Offsite it typically less expensive as well. At the parks, wheelchairs rent for $12/day or $10/day for a length of stay pass - however even with length of stay you will need to return the wheelchair before leaving the parks each evening and pick up another in the morning. There are several vendors listed in post #2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread pinned near the top of this forum; most if not all will deliver to resorts, but you'll want to confirm with your resort how they handle it.

Enjoy your vacation!

so NOT comfortable at all. rent from offsite and seriously consider bringing a foam or gel cushion anyway. offsite is not only less expensive typically, you have it available to you 24/7. if renting at the parks you have to pick them up and leave them at GR.. which means transportation to and from the parking lots/ hotel etc are on you.

Also, in general wheelchairs from Disney are not in good repair in my experience and a lot harder to push.

And you will be doing a lot of pushing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter