Disney Wedding

jgrant4610

Earning My Ears
I want to get married this June in Disney. If anyone got married do you have suggestions on when to plan the ceremony and how much it cost? Any help is appreciated

Hi! We got married at WDW this August, and had an intimate wedding, with ceremony at the pavilion, cake cutting at Citrico's foyer, afternoon tea at the Garden View Lounge, dinner reception at V&A's private room, and after dinner MK fireworks cruise on the Grand One yacht. So if you have questions about any of these venues, I can probably answer them.
As far as when would be a good time to have a wedding, we had ours at 12 noon, b/c we wanted to avoid those afternoon showers that seem to happen daily in the summer.
What kind of guest list are you looking at for your event? The # of guests would determine whether you have an intimate or custom event, and the budgets for those are very different.
Cheers!
Heather W

I was thinking about the Polynesian beach for the ceremony with about 9 people. Was it private when you were married or were there alot of people haning around?? THanks for replying!

Hi! Sunset Pointe at the Polynesian is a beautiful location! We were married at the wedding pavilion, and yes, it was very private there. Then again, the pavilion is on an island, and has the gates that they can close to keep strangers out, so it is a very different situation than a ceremony at Sunset Pointe.
The add-on intimate package for the couple and 8 guests is $2100 for an outdoor location like Sunset Pointe. That price includes everything but the photographer, really: officiant, bouquet, boutonnieres, location, cake, coordinator, musician, limo, etc. When we were married in 2002, they were offering the option to add 5 guests (for a total of 13) for $500 extra. However, for 2003, I've heard it's kind of hit or miss. Some brides say that they're being allowed to add the extras, but others say that their EM tells them that the additional guests are no longer allowed. If you haven't yet, definitely call FTW and get assigned to a Sales Manager, who will be able to reserve the location for you and tell you how many guests you will be allowed with the intimate wedding package. If they get strict about the # of guests, then 9 guests could put you in the custom wedding range, which would be a minimum of $7500 - quite a difference!
Let me know if you have any other questions!
Cheers!
Heather W

My Dad was married at Sunset Point at the Poly last November. It was beautiful. There wasn't anyone around and it was very private. After the ceremony they had a table set up for the cake cutting and a champagne toast. Mickey and Minnie came for the cake cutting and first dance. My favorite memories from the entire vacation are Mickey and Minnie after the wedding. They stayed and played with the kids and took lots of pictures with our entire family. We then went over to GF for dinner at Narcossee's. Just as dinner was finishing the fireworks started over the castle. The entire day was very magical. They had the wedding at 5:15 so they could take advantage of the Sunset.

I can't give you the total of the wedding, but I know they added it onto our room reservation(we were just planning a regular family vacation when they decided to get married at DW!). We had 10 people and everything was included in the price except the photography and Mickey and Minnie. The wedding planner did a great job, I think Dad got everything arranged in around 8 weeks!

Good luck and have fun planning!

Shannon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter