Disney Wedding ?'s

imwonderboy

Earning My Ears
Hi, my fiance and I are planning an intimate wedding wich will be held @ the Poly. (Sunset Point) and could use all the info. you can give us on what to expect. Disney did send us a few things on this and it sounds great but I would feel much more at ease hearing about someone elses experience. My other question is we will be flying and I'm not sure how to go about transporting my dress? I'm VERY nervous about this. :( Any info will be greatly appriciated.

Tracy and Jason

We had a custom wedding, so I can't speak to your first question, but as far as flying with your dress... I was VERY nervous about this but everything went fine. I had a huge garment bag and I was able to fold it loosely in half and put it in the overhead compartment. Luckily our flight was about 1/2 full, so I didn't have to worry about someone putting stuff on top of it. If our flight had been more crowded I was going to stand there and physically restrain anyone from putting anything in MY overhead compartment ;) In all honestly, I had a huge dress and it really didn't get too smushed. I did have my gown steamed by Carolyn Allen's the day of the wedding. And to save having to carry it home, I used Carolyn Allen's preservation service. They picked up my dress with my husband's rental tux, preserved it and shipped it to our home. I'd highly reccommend it!

Lori

Hi, we had an intimate wedding at the Wedding Pavilion on Feb. 6, 2003. I wouldn't know what to expect with Sunset Point, but maybe can help a little. You'll get your planning packet and coordinator once you set the date and send in your deposit (we called 2/6/02 and received the packet within 2-3 weeks). Our coordinator was Lynn McKitrick and we loved her! Don't be afraid to ask any questions, that's what your coordinator is for.

In your planning packet are names of some officiants, this is included, but you must contact them. We had Rev. Jack Day and loved him as well:-) You get to pick your flower choices, we asked for different colors than in the brochure and that wasn't a problem. You also choose your cake flavors. You specify what music you want when. We used a CD for the ceremony, the violinist for the cake cutting. We asked Lynn about limo pick-up times and cosmetology times and she helped a lot with that. She also arranged PS for us for the Garden View Tea lounge after the cake/cutting reception. We went with outside vendors for photography and viedeography, although you can go with Disney.

That's all there is to it! The day of the wedding, the limo made a few stops to round up everyone. Lynn met us at the Pavilion with our flowers, Rev. Jack walked us through the ceremony, all very simple. The limo took us to the GF for our cake cutting/champagne reception. The solo violinist was there, we danced, ate cake, were toasted, received our gifts from FTW, and that was it for the package.

As for the dress, I had no problems at the airport or on the plane. On the way to and from FL, I was allowed to keep my dress in the first-class closet even though we flew coach. Everyone was very accomadating when we had the dress with us;-) I didn't have it steamed and it was fine.

HTH,
Jamie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter