Disney Wedding on Good Morning America

AndreaRH

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that Good Morning America will be televising a wedding at Walt Disney World on August 6th. (I'm pretty sure that's the right date but you might want to check your local listings.) Don't miss it!

My husband and I got married at Walt Disney World in 1994 and it was amazing! Our ceremony was at the Yacht Club Gazebo, cocktail hour at Martha's Vineyard at the Beach Club, and a luncheon reception at Ariel's. In the evening we had a private dessert party at the Lower U.K. Terrace in Epcot during Illuminations.

For anyone considering a Disney wedding, go for it! You won't be sorry! If you'd like to read our wedding review (and those from other couples) go to The Unofficial Disney Wedding Guide at http://www.yourfairytale.com.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reminder, Andrea! I see this is your first post! Welcome! I'm sure your Disney wedding knowledge will be a great resource for new brides and grooms!

:earsboy:

Welcome to the DIS, Andrea. I'm on your Disneymooner list, and I have found your website to be SO helpful! Thanks for compiling all that info! Also, Andy sent me your brother's wedding video as a sample. They had such a lovely wedding! Her dress was beautiful, and everyone looked so happy!
--Elisabeth

Cool Andrea, can't wait to watch! We also got married at the YC gazebo Nov. of 93!we had our cocktail hour at the rose garden outside of the convention our dinner in the Cape Cod room in the convention center, the girls all had an afternoon tea at the GF & the rehersal dinner was at the Hoop Dee Doo!!! Things sure have changed since then! I just had my wedding coordinator to dinner last night & she was saying how when we had our wedding there were only 3 coordinators now there are 50! I lived in Boston at the time of our wedding & had 130 guests travel to FL for the wedding! They still talk about it. I have also kept in touch & made a good friend with my coordinator! I hope everyone as good of an experience as we did.

Be sure to check out the bride's footwear. She and her husband-to-be are in the service (met at the Merchant Marine College) and she's planning to wear combat boots that were handed down from her grandfather to father to her. :eek:

Just another reminder. The actual wedding is taking place tomorrow, Saturday, but GMA will air a tape on Monday. I believe they said they are having over 200 guests and it will be a military wedding. Should be fun to watch.

So, did anyone watch? I did. It was a little disappointing that they didn't show more but what they did was beautiful. Ceremony at Wedding Pavilion, reception at American Pavilion in Epcot. The bride was beautiful and full military dress for the men....WOW!

PamOKW,
I agree a bit dissapointing, I guess I was watching for the wrong reason,
I wanted to see more of the "Disney planning" part of it. Your right what we did see was
beautiful.

Tinkandme

TinkandMe -- I also wish they had at least shown wider shots. If you didn't know where the Wedding Pavilion was I don't think you'd even be able to tell that was it.

From what I heard on GMA, I don't think they really planned a WDW Wedding. They were in the contest for the wedding in Times Square but somewhere along the line they also planned a large wedding somewhere else in Florida (maybe Tampa). GMA and I think The Wedding Channel decided to have them go through Wedding Boot Camp and give them a wedding. They just sort of moved the location. (I wonder if someone was bumped from the prime Saturday wedding slot?) I think GMA did most of the WDW planning.

One thing I really liked was the way she had the tiara and veil for the ceremony and then the wreath of flowers in her hair for the reception. That let her relax but still balanced her look.

AH PamOKW,
I hadn't been following the show at all I just read from these boards, that it
was going to be on and tuned in. You are so right about the head wreath, I wish I had thought of something like that, my headpiece was wreath shaped, held the veil at
the back, which was then removed later, so it was simmilar, but I liked the flowers on hers.
I also liked the "line" of her dress, it fell very nicely. The boots were a cute touch, did I hear her say the meant something to her and her family? Do you know when "weddings" will air her story?

I don't know about another airing....I would love to see it if anybody finds out when/where it will be on (are you talking about the Wedding Story show?) Maybe then we'd see more!

I'm not sure if you caught it, but she is also a Marine. They met at the Merchant Marine Academy and hated each other...for awhile. The combat boots belonged to her grandfather and then her father...she wanted to wear them. Another sidebar -- they are both Christians who decided to wait until marriage. Needless to say, they were very excited about their wedding day!

I agree -- very pretty dress. Just wondered how that lacing up the back holds up during the day. ;)

I too only tuned in because I read on this board that it was a Disney wedding. I actually taped 3 hours of Good Morning America to make sure I got it!! I was REALLY disappointed that they didn't even mention the fact that it was at WDW. My DH recognized the Grand Floridian entrance, but if we hadn't been watching for it we may not have even noticed! It was kind of a let down. Did anyone notice the cake? It was the only thing that really stood out as a Disney feature-- the top was Cinderella's Castle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts