Disney wedding guest rates

kluber

Earning My Ears
Hi, I had a question about Disney weddings. My wife and i have been invited to a Disney wedding in April 2011 and haven't received the details as of yet so i was curious as to how much of a rate discount we would receive on rooms and park passes. Just trying to get an idea of what to budget. Thanks in advance!

Not sure if it is based on time of the year, but for our Disney wedding next June, we are getting the Value resort for $107, the Moderate for $163, and the Grand Floridian (this will vary depending on which Deluxe resort they choose, if they choose one) for $363. This includes tax.

Hotel discounts are only provided if the bride and groom set up what's called a "room block"—you will know whether they've done this if you get information from them about certain Disney hotels that they encourage you to book. If they're having what's known as an Escape Wedding (23 guests or less is a good indication of this), chances are they will not be setting up a room block, so there will be no discounts.

The wedding discount rates are based on time of year, but you can usually figure on about 30% off at Deluxe resorts that have a convention center, 15% off at other Deluxe Resorts, just under 15% off at Moderates, and less than 10% off of Values.

You may find that there are other lodging discounts available to you that are more advantageous. Sometimes the offers to the general public are better. So if you don't book your room using the special wedding discount hotline, it will be REALLY helpful to the bride and groom if you give them your reservation number so it can be manually added to the block of rooms they may be required to set up.

The wedding discount on tickets is available to all wedding types; it's a flat $20 off any park hopper ticket.

Welcome to the DisBoards - I see this is your first post. Congratulations.

We're having our wedding on 6/3, and the rates we were given for our room block are as follows:

Value Resorts - $95 per night. All Star Music Suite - 10% discount off rack rate.

Moderate Resorts - $145 per night, except for Coronado Springs - that was $149 per night.

Deluxe Resorts - ranged from $231 per night (Contemporary Garden Wing), to $361 per night (Polynesian). I can give you a more detailed breakdown of the Deluxe if you want, but there are 8 different resorts, and they almost all have a different price.

The ticket discount is $25 the price of the ticket BUT it has to be a 2 or more day ticket with Park Hopper option.

You can not add dining to these prices. You would have to pay full price for the room in order to add dining. Hope this helps.

Hi. We are planning our wedding for 8.8.11 - when I spoke to Pam about this at DFTW she told me that deluxe resort discounts can vary from 30-40% off, moderate 20-30% off, and value 10-20% off. She also mentioned that if guests add the "park hopper" option to their base ticket they will receive $20.00 off of their ticket price. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter