Disney visit at 50th Anniversary of MK? Or 2022?

JaycenDisney

Earning My Ears
I’ve been to WDW twice and my wife has never been. Together we planned on going for a late Honeymoon and I was wondering if it would be too much to visit in 2021 with the 50th Anniversary of Magic Kingdom? I would love to go and be part of that year of celebration but I’m worried it would be too much and I want my wife’s first experience to be as magical as my last two visits, any thoughts??

My guess is the parks will overall be a little more crowded than usual and peaking on the actual 50th anniversary (Oct 1). But for the most part, I think it'll be fine. That being said, the 50th anniversary celebration is likely to last 2 years or so: all of 2021 and for a year after the actual anniversary on Oct 1, 2021. If I had any advice, I would say avoid end of 2021 (2nd half of September to New Year). Other than that, you should be good. Early September, like the week after Labor Day, will probably be your best bet.

After this years trip, we are going on 2021 to be at the 50th no matter the crowds. There will be so many new things that I hope we will be able to get to them all.

It hasn't been officially released yet what the dates are for the 50th Anniversary but based on past history, I expect the celebration will run from October 1, 2021 to December 31, 2022. For the 25th Anniversary, it ran from October 1, 1996 to December 31, 1997. However, Disney did celebrate Disneyland's 60th Anniversary from May 22, 2015 to September 5, 2016 even though the opening day was July 17, 1955.

So with that being said, I wouldn't plan on going before October 1, 2021 and still expect to see 50th Anniversary things...at least not until Disney officially release the anniversary dates. Also, at the roughly the same time will be the 40th Anniversary of Epcot which opened October 1, 1982.

I agree somewhat with @stewart715 that going in September 2022 might be a better time to go.

Plus keep in mind ticket prices go up every year so going in 2022 will cost you more. One day ticket price right now is about $133 a person . So keep that in mind.

I think if you go early 2021 ( Jan to May ) you'll be fine ( as long as you avoid Spring Break ). I'd think somewhere around August 2021 they may start the festivities. September should also be OK even with the party ( but avoid opening week and the last week of the month that leads into the anniversary. )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter