Disney Visa vs Disney Debit

lindyv321

DIS Veteran
I already have a Disney debit card but have been considering getting a Disney credit card. Are there any additional perks to having the credit card? If so are those perks worth the $49 annual fee?

They have the no annual fee Disney credit card where a current member can refer you to get a $200 statement credit after apending $500 within the first three months of account opening.

I referred my dad and he got to the $500 so quickly the statement credit posted in the same cycle!

No additional perks.

They have the no annual fee Disney credit card where a current member can refer you to get a $200 statement credit after apending $500 within the first three months of account opening.

I referred my dad and he got to the $500 so quickly the statement credit posted in the same cycle!

No additional perks.

Thanks for the info! I was thinking of getting it prior to our trip in November. I bet I get to $500 pretty quick too! Now to get a referral to avoid the fee in October....

I already have a Disney debit card but have been considering getting a Disney credit card. Are there any additional perks to having the credit card? If so are those perks worth the $49 annual fee?
Only one of the credit cards has a fee. The premier. I have both. I did get a $200 statement credit when i booked my Disney Vacation with each one. Other than the 2% instead of 1% there is no difference with going with the regular or premier.

With both you get 10% off at the parks, dining merchandise and other activities. and special meet and greets for Visa Disney card holders.

ETA: The statement for the regular one is now $50 not $200 , but i have seen it offer $100 and $200 at different times.
You also get 0% financing

I am also unfamiliar with the Disney debit card. I have had a Disney VISA with Chase for years now and I have the Premier card at this time with the $49 annual fee. I paid for 1/3 of our hotel stay at WDW for a week's stay ($900) with those Disney dollars this past February, so I come out ahead of the annual fee. I use the card for virtually everything and just pay it off in full every month. I do not recommend the card if that won't be your strategy because the interest rate is high.

(Editing to say that I had $900 in Disney dollars I redeemed towards our stay at POR, not that our entire stay was $900- I wish!)

I am also unfamiliar with the Disney debit card. I have had a Disney VISA with Chase for years now and I have the Premier card at this time with the $49 annual fee. I paid for 1/3 of our hotel stay at WDW for a week's stay ($900) with those Disney dollars this past February, so I come out ahead of the annual fee. I use the card for virtually everything and just pay it off in full every month. I do not recommend the card if that won't be your strategy because the interest rate is high.

(Editing to say that I had $900 in Disney dollars I redeemed towards our stay at POR, not that our entire stay was $900- I wish!)

My plan would be to use it to pay for stuff On Our Disneyland trip rather than using cash or my debit card. I would pay it off when I got back but the credit statement means I would actually save $200 or $150 if I factor in the annual fee.

I looked and only the card with the annual fee offers the $200 statement credit.....

Would anyone be willing to double check on the referral thing the OP mentioned?

My plan would be to use it to pay for stuff On Our Disneyland trip rather than using cash or my debit card. I would pay it off when I got back but the credit statement means I would actually save $200 or $150 if I factor in the annual fee.

I looked and only the card with the annual fee offers the $200 statement credit.....

Just checked and my referral link is for $200 statement credit with the non fee card

I just got the one with the annual fee earlier this year and got the $200 statement after $500. I'm using it for my Disney trips and so far it is working well. plus the rewards points from using the card will go for a nice dinner or souvenir at the parks in October.

No additional perks.

I forgot to mention that now my dad has a referral code. Which is crazy cuz it took a few years before I even got a referral code to send out.

Only one of the credit cards has a fee. The premier. I have both. I did get a $200 statement credit when i booked my Disney Vacation with each one. Other than the 2% instead of 1% there is no difference with going with the regular or premier.

With both you get 10% off at the parks, dining merchandise and other activities. and special meet and greets for Visa Disney card holders.

ETA: The statement for the regular one is now $50 not $200 , but i have seen it offer $100 and $200 at different times.
You also get 0% financing
I did this and got the regular. I was expecting a $50 Disney gift card after charging $500 but they sent me $200! Mistake? I don't know, but I was a happy camper!

I did this and got the regular. I was expecting a $50 Disney gift card after charging $500 but they sent me $200! Mistake? I don't know, but I was a happy camper!
so when I look up online on the Disney website it says $50. But when I check the referral link my card gives to refer it is $200 for the regular no fee card. I guess it depends under which link you apply. I also got $200 for each card.

The regular no fee Disney has a $200 statement credit ONLY available via referral. It has been like this since March, idk how long the offer will last. (The DIS has a policy against soliciting and providing referrals so you won’t find any here, instead Google “Disney $200 statement credit referral” and you will find other places online people post their referrals, apply via one of those. The offer will be clearly stated so you will know it’s the no AF card.)

The public offer on the no AF card is dismal, Google yourself up a referral.

The premier Disney card is a waste unless you are hitting it for the bonus (but the normal one has the $200 bonus) or you want to make it into a daily driver like a PP and want your rewards solely in Disney Dollars.

(Also remember you get the $200 credit after you have spent $500 and you have to spend the $500 within like 3 months of getting the card so keep that in mind when planning.)

Last edited:
The regular no fee Disney has a $200 statement credit ONLY available via referral. It has been like this since March, idk how long the offer will last. (The DIS has a policy against soliciting and providing referrals so no one find any here, instead Google “Disney $200 statement credit referral” and you will find other places online people post their referrals, apply via one of those. The offer will be clearly stated so you will know it’s the no AF card.)

The public offer on the no AF card is dismal, Google yourself up a referral.

The premier Disney card is a waste unless you are hitting it for the bonus (but the normal one has the $200 bonus) or you want to make it into a daily driver like a PP.

(Also you remember you get the credit after you have spent $500 and you have to spend the $500 within like 3 months of getting the card so keep that in mind when planning.)
I also received a $50.00 Disney gift card for signing up a second person on my card. (My Wife) in addition to the $200.00 card.
Plus I get 6 months interest free on Disney Vacation Packages which covered my $500.00 within three months requirement.
There are other perks like 10% off at Disney Stores and select Disney dining establishments.

I also received a $50.00 Disney gift card for signing up a second person on my card. (My Wife) in addition to the $200.00 card.
Plus I get 6 months interest free on Disney Vacation Packages which covered my $500.00 within three months requirement.
There are other perks like 10% off at Disney Stores and select Disney dining establishments.
Good point on vacay packages, the 10% perks are also available to debit card holders.

You are very luck btw! That $50 AU offer went out targeted to just some people I believe, nice!!

Disney Visa is one of the lowest perk cards I've seen. 1% of regular card, 2% on premium with $49 annual fee. $100/$200 rewards for every $10,000 spent using the card for Disney qualified purchases. Too many other cards that are 4%+.

One perk I do like is the 6 months 0% interest when booking a Disney vacation. I book our vacation 8-12 months out and pay the $200 deposit. I set money aside for the next several months then 45 days out I put the balance on the Disney card. Then for the next 6 months I continue to set money aside. At the end of 6 months I'll pay the cards balance. Gives plenty of time to save and pay for our trips at 0%.

We've had one for years and the rewards paid for all our tickets this year but in our case I think we would actually get a better value out of an Alaska CC.
It pays to shop around!

Disney Visa is one of the lowest perk cards I've seen. 1% of regular card, 2% on premium with $49 annual fee. $100/$200 rewards for every $10,000 spent using the card for Disney qualified purchases. Too many other cards that are 4%+.

One perk I do like is the 6 months 0% interest when booking a Disney vacation. I book our vacation 8-12 months out and pay the $200 deposit. I set money aside for the next several months then 45 days out I put the balance on the Disney card. Then for the next 6 months I continue to set money aside. At the end of 6 months I'll pay the cards balance. Gives plenty of time to save and pay for our trips at 0%.
I agree. I have used both my cards only when i applied to get the statement credit. Or when shopping at Disney locations that offer 10% off. Otherwise there are much better cards out there.
Google yourself up a referral.
Yes google and you will find many offers. Or if anyone in your family has one they can refer you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!