• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa Special Offers

poohj80

Got Hunny?
I saw this on another board and thought I would post the info here since most of the offers are for DL:

http://disney.go.com/visa/disneyland50th/

A special 50th anniversary "Disney VISA" has been unveiled to celebrate the golden anniversary of Disneyland. In addition, current "Disney VISA" cardholders will enjoy four extra benefits during the "Happiest Celebration On Earth." The special benefits include:

1. "Disney and Me" - a daily cardholder-exclusive "Character Meet and Greet" experience with keepsake photo

2. "More for Less" - 10% discount at select dining locations and merchandise purchases of $50 or more at Disneyland park, Disney's California Adventure park and the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort;

3. "Calling All Collectors" - access to the limited edition, commemorative 50th anniversary Disney's VISA Card design featuring Sleeping Beauty's Castle in Disneyland park; and

4. "Strolling Along Main Street" - a free stroller rental to carry around the littlest Disney fans.

Chase, the card's issuer and Disney say they plan to announce special benefits for Disney World later.

Also, for the first time, cardholders can choose from five exciting card designs featuring beloved Disney characters and scenes, including Vintage Mickey, Mickey and Friends, Bambi and Pixie Dust, as well as the limited edition "Happiest Celebration On Earth" 50th anniversary card.

So, has anyone experienced the "Disney and Me" Meet and Greet yet? If so, when are where did it happen and which characters were there? Thanks!

PJ

Are these offers good only if you booked your vacation on your Disney card? I booked my vacation on my DVC. Thanks for any info.

FanOfStitch said:
Are these offers good only if you booked your vacation on your Disney card? I booked my vacation on my DVC. Thanks for any info.

The benefits described above are received for being a cardholder and are seperate from booking a vacation package. There is a totebag, 6mo no interest, and "private phone number" for vacation planning if you book your vacation with the card as well as the standard benefits with a Disney package (pin, lanyard, EE, etc).

It seems like a really great deal, especially if you plan on using a stroller!

I'm also interested in hearing about the meet and greet if anyone has experienced this.

I just applied for my Disney Visa and when I asked about getting a card with the castle on it, the lady didn't know what I was talking about. :guilty: She said all they had were the red cards with the pixie dust!! I figure I will just call back once the card comes in the mail and ask again.

We just received a mailing for our Disney VISA and it did have all the info that PJ mentioned. But it also stated that you can only take advantage of the discounts if you are using your Disney VISA or rewards card for the purchase. So you can't just present the card and receive the discount. You must also be using it to pay for the purchase. Probably not a huge issue for anyone, but I thought that I would mention it anyway.

I received the same newsletter as Eva mentioned in the mail yesterday after posting. I'm glad they finally informed us current card holders of the special offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter