Disney Visa Holders-Is it worth it to have card just for room discounts?

ML_LovesDisney

DIS Veteran
Hi all! We have recently sold our DVC points and are transitioning over to cash reservations. I see that Disney Visa cardholders get offers for room discounts typically January-April and I am not currently a card holder. Are the deals worth it enough to sign up for the card? What discounts have you gotten on Deluxe resorts in last year or two?

Nah, I don't think it's worth it for the room discounts. It is worth it for the sign up bonus (only if you use a referral link from a current disney visa holder for the NO fee card) and the perks in park like special meet and greet. You also get some food and store discounts. Again, I would only do the no fee card (with a referral because then it's $200 statement credit off $500 spend). The premier card with a fee gets the same perks just an extra 1% on a few categories, so still not the best in terms of rewards. I use mine just for disney perks but not my everyday spending, if that makes sense.

You can also get a statement credit by using the links for Disney Visa on the Disney websites. The amount back sometimes varies, but there’s almost always an advertising link.

Definitely do the no annual fee one with the $200 statement credit after spending $500 within first three months of account opening.

When you go through Disney websites, their referrals require you to get the annual fee card for the same statement credit.

Another forum I'm part of has people advertising the links...I actually found the forum through the collector's board of this forum.

You can also get a statement credit by using the links for Disney Visa on the Disney websites. The amount back sometimes varies, but there’s almost always an advertising link.

Don’t do this as you only get the $100 statement credit for the no fee card of $250 for the annual fee card (which ends up really being $200 since they charge the annual fee right away). Like I said, do the no annual fee card through someone’s referral link and you get the $200 statement credit off $500 spend which is a great deal! Then just use the card for the Disney perks.

Don’t do this as you only get the $100 statement credit for the no fee card of $250 for the annual fee card (which ends up really being $200 since they charge the annual fee right away). Like I said, do the no annual fee card through someone’s referral link and you get the $200 statement credit off $500 spend which is a great deal! Then just use the card for the Disney perks.

That's what I did. I signed up under my sister's referral code years ago. I don't use my Disney Visa for a lot of non-Disney park stuff either. And now I have my own referral code too, whee! :D LOL...

That's what I did. I signed up under my sister's referral code years ago. I don't use my Disney Visa for a lot of non-Disney park stuff either. And now I have my own referral code too, whee! :D LOL...

Yup me too!! I think that is the smartest way!

Also , if you bank at Chase you can get a Disney debit card. You still qualify for the resort discounts and all the dining an merchandise discounts the same as the credit card.

We are charter card holders of the 'No annual fee version and have never found it our best deal for a room rate. We use it for the special meet and greet every trip. Also, when we are not AP holders, we have used it for 10% off at certain stores.

Otherwise, it just sits in my wallet looking pretty. I think its most frequent use is to start up Disney conversations with random people who happen to see it!

Thanks everyone! I'm not sure if it's worth it based on what you guys say, because I have a couple other Chase cards and they have really good rewards. Maybe if I get a targeted offer with a good perk :rolleyes1

Thanks everyone! I'm not sure if it's worth it based on what you guys say, because I have a couple other Chase cards and they have really good rewards. Maybe if I get a targeted offer with a good perk :rolleyes1

Like I said sign up for the no fee card with a referral link and get $200 statement credit off $500 spend. Then pay off the card right away and only use it for the meet and greets plus discounts. Then it is worth it plus you get a free $200! I don’t think the annual fee card is worth it.

Like I said sign up for the no fee card with a referral link and get $200 statement credit off $500 spend. Then pay off the card right away and only use it for the meet and greets plus discounts. Then it is worth it plus you get a free $200! I don’t think the annual fee card is worth it.

How do you get the referral link? Is this what they advertise on top of Walt Disney world website when booking dining reservations or resort reservations?

How do you get the referral link? Is this what they advertise on top of Walt Disney world website when booking dining reservations or resort reservations?

No, you need to get one from a current disney visa cardholder. I am one and would be happy to share, but I don't think you can post referral links on here? You could send me a message if you need one and I can send though (I'm pretty sure this is ok).

Our first two trips were deluxe and either the cardholder discount wasn't our best discount or it wasn't offered. We have an upcoming Easter trip combined with a Disney cruise so our budget was much tighter. beach club prices were way out of our range this trip so I initially booked POR for $330/night. Once visa cardholders discounts opened I found CBR for $207/night. keep in mind this is for Easter so prices are higher than normal. I think I got an amazing discount this time around thanks to VISA!

Last time was 5 years ago for me and the Disney Visa discount was the same as the regular room only discount being offered, but we got it a day or so earlier than the general public. Not worth it for that reason alone, but I use it to earn rewards points. I know some other cards offer a higher % in rewards, but I like getting a little bit off our trip. I don’t use the other perks.

Normally I'd say no, but there is currently a free-dining offer for Disney Visa Card-holders! The real free dining, not just a single QS meal per day. Available for arrivals Aug 1-Aug 21, book by Jun 16. If this matches your dates, you have time to apply for the card! Too bad DH doesn't have any more days off :sad:

Mostly we just use it for the private character meets at Epcot and HS, and the occasional 10% off store purchases when we don't have AP.

Normally I'd say no, but there is currently a free-dining offer for Disney Visa Card-holders! The real free dining, not just a single QS meal per day. Available for arrivals Aug 1-Aug 21, book by Jun 16. If this matches your dates, you have time to apply for the card! Too bad DH doesn't have any more days off :sad:

Mostly we just use it for the private character meets at Epcot and HS, and the occasional 10% off store purchases when we don't have AP.
This saved us $1500 today with our Disney debit as we just changed our trip from October to August and missed the general offer. I saw it on my Chase account last night and called 1st thing today. This is a budget trip and everything helps.

What did you book that saved you that? You said Disney debit is that different than Disney credit card if I have that?

EDIT: Nevermind I see its the free dining offer thats only in August. Going in September possibly so was wondering.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!