Disney Visa/Free Dining question

talleyhopper

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm hoping that Disney opens their free dining fall promotion up a little early to Disney Visa cardholders (if they still run the promotion this year). But I'm wondering - in order to access it early, would I need to charge the entire vacation total on the day that I book? Or can I just pay the deposit with my Disney Visa, and make payments over a few months?

Hi! I'm hoping that Disney opens their free dining fall promotion up a little early to Disney Visa cardholders (if they still run the promotion this year). But I'm wondering - in order to access it early, would I need to charge the entire vacation total on the day that I book? Or can I just pay the deposit with my Disney Visa, and make payments over a few months?
You would put a $200 deposit down on the vacation.

I'm right there with you, waiting and hoping!!!

I'm hoping for Early release to DV holder also, because last year they opened it to general public and DV holder the same day.
I like having that few extra days to be able to book first with DV.
Like madlove4disney said you put $200 deposit and as far as I know you can pay the remainding balance in what ever way you want.
I was going to buy Disney Gift Cards from Sam's Club, to pay my remaining balance, because they are discounted and now they take Visa as payment.
I'm not sure though if you will get the rewards % from your Visa by purchasing the Gift Cards? I've never bought them for Disney Vacation package before.
Come on FD!!!

I'm hoping for Early release to DV holder also, because last year they opened it to general public and DV holder the same day.
I like having that few extra days to be able to book first with DV.
Like madlove4disney said you put $200 deposit and as far as I know you can pay the remainding balance in what ever way you want.
I was going to buy Disney Gift Cards from Sam's Club, to pay my remaining balance, because they are discounted and now they take Visa as payment.
I'm not sure though if you will get the rewards % from your Visa by purchasing the Gift Cards? I've never bought them for Disney Vacation package before.
Come on FD!!!
I believe I heard it was expected to be open a day or two early for DV cardholders... But I cannot recall for the life of me who told me this. I do recall it was someone I felt had credibility. (great, exclusive, insider info, I know)

I believe I heard it was expected to be open a day or two early for DV cardholders... But I cannot recall for the life of me who told me this. I do recall it was someone I felt had credibility. (great, exclusive, insider info, I know)
I know I'm a little bit behind in reading this thread, but I just got a Disney Visa. Does Visa send you a letter saying that any free dining promotion is available or do you have to keep checking on it yourself?? Thank you!

I know I'm a little bit behind in reading this thread, but I just got a Disney Visa. Does Visa send you a letter saying that any free dining promotion is available or do you have to keep checking on it yourself?? Thank you!
They used to! the last time I got early notice from DV was in 2013 to book FD for 2014. I have since stopped using my DV because there is not much benefits for myself. You do get a small discount on merchandise at Disney and small discount on a few restaurants, but that's it. I have other Visas that I get better rewards with.

Is free dining a good value? Don't you lose out on hotel discounts this way?
It all depends on how many people are traveling with you, My Family is made up of 3 Adults (Disney considers kids 10 and over Adults-pay adult price for Dining plan and meals) We always stay at MOD resorts (you receive Regular DP Free-no Additional Cost- but you pay Rack rate for Room) Value (get Quick Service Plan-we don't care to eat QS for our whole Vacation). We always go in Early Fall (Sept.) it used to be considered Value Rate and since the popularity of FD plus Food and wine Disney has up the cost by a little bit-still much cheaper than other times. You can calculate how much each meal that you eat will cost on your trip and compare that to Room only Discount. For us a Room only discount saves $59.00 per night (for MOD) and 3 Adults can't eat for less than $20pp a day. So for us Free DDP is worth it.

Last edited:
They used to! the last time I got early notice from DV was in 2013 to book FD for 2014. I have since stopped using my DV because there is not much benefits for myself. You do get a small discount on merchandise at Disney and small discount on a few restaurants, but that's it. I have other Visas that I get better rewards with.
I did see this on other posts. I plan to just use my DV to book the package and will probably just make cash payments for the year like I've done in the past! It's good to get the jump on promotions though! thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!