Disney Visa email gc offer for DVC 'phone tour'

Thanks for posting this! I didn't get an email but I did call in and was only on the call for about 15 minutes and they said they would send me the brochures and gift card. They did not try to sell me anything. I'm glad I called. I actually did want more info on DVC so this was perfect! :flower:

I received the email a few days ago but was iffy about calling.
I just decided to do it because I'm home alone and a little bored right now lol.
Took 15 minutes from start to finish which included giving my personal info/vacationing style.
I talked with Jim and he was very nice and was not at all pushy.
I'm a sucker for a sincere sounding person so I did give permission to send me a packet with more info although I've looked into DVC in the past and already know its just not for how my family does Disney. ]
If I receive a phone call I will likely ignore it though as I don't want to talk to someone that will pressure me.
The email said you'll receive the gift card within 30 days but Jim said "4-6 weeks".
I'm hoping it comes by the end of the month as I leave on September 1st for my trip.

You've convinced me! I will call to take the tour! I received the email, but deleted it. I searched my deleted folder until I found it. I'm all about free gift cards!

Does anyone know if there's a "rule" that you can only take one tour per address?
My sister and I live together but have separate Disney Visa cards and I mentioned that I took the tour and that it was painless so she should too since we are going to WDW together next month and she said she thought you could not get more than one gift card per address which would suck since we both have our own cards and we are not spouses obviously.

I did this yesterday. It was 12 minutes total. Many questions about touring style, kids, how many times we have visited, etc. Easiest $40 i have ever earned.

Jack

Is this only for certain card holders? I've had a Disney Visa since March and actually want more information about DVC :sad1: Is there a way to call if I didn't receive an email? I'm a little iffy about my email settings anyway

Is this only for certain card holders? I've had a Disney Visa since March and actually want more information about DVC :sad1: Is there a way to call if I didn't receive an email? I'm a little iffy about my email settings anyway
I think it's for any Disney Visa holder. I just got a survey from Disney yesterday asking about my experience with this tour, and it wanted to know how I signed up: email, friend recommendation, etc. I assume that means that anyone who calls the number, has a Disney visa, and asks for the DVC visa phone tour is eligible.

The phone number is 877-382-7835.

Queen, I don't know whether or not 2 people from the same address would both be eligible, but it's worth a try!

I think it's for any Disney Visa holder. I just got a survey from Disney yesterday asking about my experience with this tour, and it wanted to know how I signed up: email, friend recommendation, etc. I assume that means that anyone who calls the number, has a Disney visa, and asks for the DVC visa phone tour is eligible.

The phone number is 877-382-7835.

Queen, I don't know whether or not 2 people from the same address would both be eligible, but it's worth a try!

I must be doing something wrong because I call the number, get an option to press 1 for DVC Information or call two others numbers, and then it hangs up :sad2:

I had to call several times because I kept getting a recording that all agents were busy and to leave a name and number for call back. One time, I even got a fax line pickup. Just keep trying and you'll eventually get through.

I did the call at 6:45 a.m. local time (so 9:45 a.m. Eastern) and got through right away. Spoke with the person who picked up the phone, confirmed my name and address, then was transferred over to Bill, who promptly emailed me information re: DVC (got it by that evening).

Bill said I would get additional paperwork via Fed-Ex within the next two weeks. The $40 gift card would take between 30 days and 6 weeks.

Took me 7 minutes!

The only thing I am worried about is that I gave the first CM the Visa promo code and forgot about it when she got me to Don.

I did reply to Don's email shortly afterward and tell him I gave the code to the first CM and have not heard back from him. Hopefully, I get the GC without any trouble.

Took me 7 minutes!

The only thing I am worried about is that I gave the first CM the Visa promo code and forgot about it when she got me to Don.

I did reply to Don's email shortly afterward and tell him I gave the code to the first CM and have not heard back from him. Hopefully, I get the GC without any trouble.
I think you're fine. I didn't even have a code, just had to request the Visa phone tour.

Agreed, when I called, I told them I was taking the DVC Tour through Disney Visa.

Thanks DizMe and Starry_Solo! Don replied to my email today and said he had ordered my card soon after we spoke. So even though I did not mention Disney Visa or the promo code to the second CM I spoke to that gave me the "tour", the first CM must have passed on the info. Yay!

It occurred to me last night that I'm going to DL with my sister in December and I thought maybe she'd mentioned having gotten a Disney visa recently. I called her and sure enough, she has one so I told her to call them this morning. She did and she got the gc so we'll each have an extra $40 for our trip :) Funny that I started this thread and didn't even think to mention it to my family members until last night. I guess DISers come first, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter