• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney visa DVC package email

granmanh603

DIS Veteran
I just got an email from Disney Visa offering vacations at the DVC resorts SSR and OKW for various dates in Oct NOv and DEC. 5 days 6 nights..park passes and $120 dining card for 699 a person 2 person occupancy..... Whats up with that....I tried to book those 2 resorts months ago for Oct/Nov and had a hard time getting a studio, had to wait list(did get my days) but how can they now be offering rooms up during that time...

I received the same email. The only thing that I can think is that Disney is a owner at both resorts. Members turn points over to use for II Trades and cruises. This will produce Inventory for Disney to rent out.

There are two reservation systems: one is Member Services, the other is CRO. MS is strictly points, so when the rooms that are available for points are sold out, then to MS they are sold out, it doesn't mean the Resort is sold out.

Most often it's a case where a member used points for a non-DVC resort, such as the cruise line, concierge collection, disney collection, and so on.

DVC treats those points as if they were used to reserve a DVC-Villa and takes that villa out of inventory, just as if the member had made a reservation there instead of somewhere else, such as the cruise line.

DVC then rents that villa out for cash. The cash received then goes to the resort that the DVC-member if going to. For example, if they're taking a cruise, the cash received goes to pay for the cruise. Obviously DCL can't use points, only cash. Basically the member exchanged a villa reservation for the cruise.

Hope this helps.

This special must mean that lots and lots of DVC people used their DVC points elsewhere. Because the special is for SSR and OKW, are they only using members points from those resorts for the rooms? What happens to the points traded by other owners if there's not enough for specials. Does every time a room at VWL remain empty for a night cost VWL owners money?
:confused3
Bobbi:goodvibes

Remember DVC owns a large number of points at those resorts as they have inventory for sale on both properties. So I guess they can use those points as well as traded-out points.

THis question comes up ALL THE TIME. Makes me think we need a sticky post at the top of the forum that addresses this.

THis question comes up ALL THE TIME. Makes me think we need a sticky post at the top of the forum that addresses this.

can the sticky post/FAQ please include "...and don't even ASK about 'free dining' while staying on points!"

;)

What is even more compelling is that Disney are giving these rooms away for about the cost of a moderate resort ...
This speaks volumes about the general appeal of OKW and SSR to the general public.

DH & I both have our own account/card; didn't get the offer.

Assume this isn't a pincode thing, available to all Disney VISA customers?

DH & I both have our own account/card; didn't get the offer.

Assume this isn't a pincode thing, available to all Disney VISA customers?

Go to the online Disney Visa rewards site and the offer is there. It is for all card holders.

What is even more compelling is that Disney are giving these rooms away for about the cost of a moderate resort ...
This speaks volumes about the general appeal of OKW and SSR to the general public.

Well, I thought that, too. But it could also be that they see Disney Visa holders as a great target audience to try to sell DVC to and if they have the extra rooms at those two resorts to work with, it makes sense for DVC to try to use them to recruit new members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter