Disney Visa Discount Question

hulk51382

Mouseketeer
My family and I booked a vacation for a week in January. I saw that in past years they offered a discount if you're a Disney Visa card holder. If this is offered again can I use the discount towards my existing reservation or will I need to make a new one? Also do you just have to put the deposit on the Disney Visa to get the promotion? Thanks for any help.

They offer a six month 0% no interest financing on Disney vacation packages. You do have to use the Disney visa on the deposit to get it.

My family and I booked a vacation for a week in January. I saw that in past years they offered a discount if you're a Disney Visa card holder. If this is offered again can I use the discount towards my existing reservation or will I need to make a new one? Also do you just have to put the deposit on the Disney Visa to get the promotion? Thanks for any help.
In my experience, you have to use the Disney visa for the deposit, but you can use other credit, debit, or Disney gift cards, or your Disney reward dollars for the balance. There will be a discount code in the announcement. If you have something booked that fits the discount qualifications you can call and give them the code to have it applied if there is availability. I haven’t done this, but I heard last year that if you booked online and have MDE set up, there should be a modify button that you can select to be able to apply the code to. It will bring up the rooms that qualify for the dates you have booked and you can change your reservation to a discounted room. The danger of everyone booking a room in advance in hopes of getting a discount is that if enough rooms are already booked, Disney won’t feel the need to discount any. They only discount when there is a lack of reservered rooms to help increase bookings. Or so I’ve read. The advice is to book ahead only if you are going with or without a discount. Good luck!

In my experience, you have to use the Disney visa for the deposit, but you can use other credit, debit, or Disney gift cards, or your Disney reward dollars for the balance. There will be a discount code in the announcement. If you have something booked that fits the discount qualifications you can call and give them the code to have it applied if there is availability. I haven’t done this, but I heard last year that if you booked online and have MDE set up, there should be a modify button that you can select to be able to apply the code to. It will bring up the rooms that qualify for the dates you have booked and you can change your reservation to a discounted room. The danger of everyone booking a room in advance in hopes of getting a discount is that if enough rooms are already booked, Disney won’t feel the need to discount any. They only discount when there is a lack of reservered rooms to help increase bookings. Or so I’ve read. The advice is to book ahead only if you are going with or without a discount. Good luck!

Thank you for the info! We are going either way, but would love to save some money if we can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter