disney visa - cancel and signing up again for sign up bonus. how long to wait?

pirasha

Earning My Ears
to those who have canceled CCs, how long do you wait until signing up again? I've had the card for over three years now so i'm eligible for the sign up bonus again,but I'd have to cancel and sign up again. Anyone know how long you need to wait for this?

Chances are you would be considered a returning client not a new one if you cancel and re apply maybe after several years maybe but I doubt they do not have safe guards inplace to prevent people from getting multiple signup bonuses.

to those who have canceled CCs, how long do you wait until signing up again? I've had the card for over three years now so i'm eligible for the sign up bonus again,but I'd have to cancel and sign up again. Anyone know how long you need to wait for this?
As long as you meet the fine print you’re good to go. Personally I’d close now and apply again after your final statement closes to make sure everything goes fine with the closure.

If you’re interested in diving a little deeper on this topic feel free to join us on I Love Credit Cards. Read the first post then hop to the end and chime in with any q’s you might have :)

I think the fine print says you cannot have earned the reward in the past two years, so it looks like you are good :D

Chase can reactivate a cancelled card, so some recommend waiting 30 days so it doesn't accidentally get reopened. But I think you're probably good with less time. I wouldn't do it same day, but there's not a requirement to have it closed any length of time before reapplying. At the time of application it'll check the two requirements, 1. do you currently have the card? (if it's fully closed, then, no!) and 2. have you received the bonus in the previous 24 months from this date? (if it's more than 36 months since opening, I'd assume, no as well) HTH

You could try speaking to client retention. It may be enough just to tell them you will cancel and they may give you some reward. Even if it’s not the full reward you are looking for, it may be worth avoiding the trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter