Disney VISA Benefits

Barney Fife

Mouseketeer
I know I'm accumulating reward dollars. We're up to about $500 so far and plan to use them for all our "fun stuff" on our trip in November. But I have a couple of questions.

1. How do I redeem the reward dollars? Do I need to do it so many weeks in advance? Do they send a gift card or something?

2. What benefits are there to using the Disney VISA card for paying for our trip? I know I get the rewards dollars. What about at Disneyworld? Any discounts or extra benefits at the parks and restaurants?

You have to order a reward redemption card from chase. You can do this online or call them. You load your reward dollars to the card and use it like a gift card at most places at disney or disney store. Takes 1-2 weeks to get your card once you order it. After you have the card, you can transfer additional dollars to the card instantly online. The reward cards usually expire December of next year.
At disney, if you spend $50 or more at gift shops you can get 10% off your purchase.
For your trip if you charge your vacation package, you get 6 months at 0%.

You have to order a reward redemption card from chase. You can do this online or call them. You load your reward dollars to the card and use it like a gift card at most places at disney or disney store. Takes 1-2 weeks to get your card once you order it. After you have the card, you can transfer additional dollars to the card instantly online. The reward cards usually expire December of next year.
At disney, if you spend $50 or more at gift shops you can get 10% off your purchase.
For your trip if you charge your vacation package, you get 6 months at 0%.

Yes you can get a 10% discount for a purchase of $50 or more BUT you must ask the CM for it as you use you Disney Visa card, otherwise you will not receive the discount. :headache:

They also have reward cards at various guest services locations. We loaded one at DTD Marketplace one time during a spur-of-the-moment trip where there wasn't time to order a card from Chase beforehand. You just get a CM to give you a reward card & then call Chase with the number on the reward card & they'll load it.

There is a special character meet and greet in Epcot for card holders. You get a print of your picture also.

There is a special character meet and greet in Epcot for card holders. You get a print of your picture also.

You may get something in the mail that tells you about this, but otherwise it is usually very hush hush. We just happened across it last visit. It was going on in the Innovations building. There was hardly a line at all, so we were in and out in no time, and the free picture looked great!

There is also a coupon online that gives you free locker rental at either water park until the end of July.

--found it on dis boards but don't know where, google is your friend

I also took advantage of this and loved the picture, they also added it onto my photo pass so I was able to order extras!:goodvibes

You may get something in the mail that tells you about this, but otherwise it is usually very hush hush. We just happened across it last visit. It was going on in the Innovations building. There was hardly a line at all, so we were in and out in no time, and the free picture looked great!

Is it still from 1-7?

You can also get your card AT the parks. That's what I did last time. I used it for gas and all our travel expenses on the way to Disney then end of first day we went to guest services at MK and I just had to show them my card they brought up my account and put my eligible dollars on a gift card for me. :) I am not sure if any of travel expenses really went towards that card (i think it comes from last statement) but I didn't want to risk not getting my card in time.

Also as long as you spend $50 you get 10% off at any store. Which while nice is also somewhat bad because it makes you think 'hrmm i need to spend 50 to get my discount' :rotfl: Oh and be sure to bring your actual disney card too. We had ours tied to our key to the world but they CM doesn't know to give a discount nor can they really 'validate' that you have a Disney Visa if you dont have it with you.

They also sometimes have special offers like right now its some percent of BBB.

Check out Disney Visa's website for more info.

Of topic a bit:

If you finance your trip with the Disney Visa do you get reward points for that?

You get reward points for everything you put on your Disney VISA.
If you finance your Disney vacay pkg on it, you'll have 6 months interest free plus the reward points.

Of topic a bit:

If you finance your trip with the Disney Visa do you get reward points for that?

you get a dollar for every hundred you spend. I put every thing on my disney visa. and pay it the end of each week. ( ihave collected almost 700. on that card.

I love my Disney Visa, I use it to everything and then it ends up paying for food and drinks during our visits.

That being said, yesterday I got an email for Chase with this subject line:
Disney Rewards: Complimentary The Lone Ranger advance screening

So this Thursday my DD and I are going to see the Lone Ranger days before it is out. I am so excited.

Love that card (mine has Nemo on it)
Judy

Can I use my Disney Rewards to pay for an entire hotel bill at WDL at say the Grand Hotel, if I have $1,000 reward points? Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter