Disney Visa and the 2%?

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
I know I get 2% rewards on my purchases while at Disney. I don't think I get 2% if I pay my DVC dues with the card. Is that true that fits only pays 1%?

So do I maximize my rewards by paying my dues with the rewards and park stuff with the Visa?

Thanks...

---Paul in southern NJ

I know I get 2% rewards on my purchases while at Disney. I don't think I get 2% if I pay my DVC dues with the card. Is that true that fits only pays 1%?

So do I maximize my rewards by paying my dues with the rewards and park stuff with the Visa?

Thanks...

---Paul in southern NJ
The Premier Disney Visa also pays 2% on grocery store purchases. To maximize that benefit, buy Disney GCs at a grocery store that offers some sort of incentive for spending such as gas points (such as ACME - up to $1 off per gallon at participating Sunoco stations). Then use the GCs to pay for your dues and park stuff.

I know it pays 2% on gas (never saw $1 off a gallon.) and supermarkets.

My question is whether it pays the 2% on DVC dues. While at wdw it does pay 2% so is it better to earn all year at 2% and pay the dues where I think I would only earn 1% rewards.

Can anyone confirm whether DVC pays the 1 or 2% for dues?

Thanks

I know it pays 2% on gas (never saw $1 off a gallon.) and supermarkets.

My question is whether it pays the 2% on DVC dues. While at wdw it does pay 2% so is it better to earn all year at 2% and pay the dues where I think I would only earn 1% rewards.

Can anyone confirm whether DVC pays the 1 or 2% for dues?

Thanks
My point is this:

You can definitely earn 2% back at the grocery store. You can purchase Disney GCs at most grocery stores. Some grocery stores, like ACME, Giant and Safeway offer gas rewards based on the dollar amount spent. You can increase the amount that you save on your Disney spending if you couple that 2% back on grocery spending with savings on gasoline (which almost everyone buys anyway). If if it is possible to get 2% back by paying your dues with the Disney Visa, then all you get is 2% back on whatever your dues were. My way, you definitely get the 2% back PLUS whatever you save on gasoline. Since I'm not one to leave money on the table, I have never paid my dues with a credit card. I have always used GCs that we acquired for less than face value. I'm sorry that I cannot answer your question directly.

Thanks...

---Paul in southern NJ

Since you have to do something with the rewards, that could be one way to maximize as you say.

Prior poster was giving you a great tip on how to double dip on those rewards also, but your idea was a good one since you have dues to pay. I'm not sure what is earned on dues even though I have lots of dues to pay and also have a Disney card.

I just use my Chase Disney card to get the perks offered by the Chase lounge during F&W.

I've paid my dues with my Disney VISA for the past few years and have always only received 1%. I do like the idea of buying gift cards at a higher % back then paying dues with those. Definitely going to try that next time around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter