Disney Visa 0% 6 month APR offer- remaining balance?

WawaCoffee

Thank the Phoenicians
I called both Chase and Disney with this inquiry, and they both pointed the finger at one another, so I was hoping there would be a few people here who could provide insight. I received an offer for the Disney Visa card (no annual fee, $200 statement credit). I already have a daily-driver credit card, so I would just be using this card for the 10% off dining and 0% APR for 6 months offer.

We booked our package (room and tickets) directly on the Disney website and made the down payment on an American Express card. This was several months ago. We'd like to use the Disney Visa for the remaining balance, roughly $3,500. Will the Disney Visa card promo (0% APR) kick in for the remaining balance? Or do they require you to also use the card for the down payment to be eligible?

Edit: I finally got a hold of somebody from Chase who specializes in this card... she told me that your package MUST have room+tickets+disney dining plan? I thought room+tickets was all you needed to be considered a package?

Last edited:
I've put a down payment on one card and future cruise payments on Disney and the 0% apr kicked in. In fact, I've prepaid gratuities and spending money for my cruise with 0% APR. I dont know if I've ever done a Disney package with it though.

So, not from personal experience, but based on everything I know, you should be okay to pay the balance off and get the 0% apr. If you have time to try it out though charge a smaller amount and look at the statement before committing.

she told me that your package MUST have room+tickets+disney dining plan?

Not correct unless something has changed very recently. A “package” can be room+tickets OR room+tickets+dining OR room+dining (can only be booked by phone). You should be fine paying your balance and receiving the zero-interest offer.

Enjoy your vacation!

she told me that your package MUST have room+tickets+disney dining plan?

That’s not true. Plenty of people don’t even get the dining plan. It’s room and tickets as a package.

As for the 0% apr it’s the remaining balance. You can pay the deposit on another card. Do you have the card already? There a number on the back of your card you should call instead of getting bounced around from clueless people. Also refer to the card member statement.

That’s not true. Plenty of people don’t even get the dining plan. It’s room and tickets as a package.

As for the 0% apr it’s the remaining balance. You can pay the deposit on another card. Do you have the card already? There a number on the back of your card you should call instead of getting bounced around from clueless people. Also refer to the card member statement.

I don't have the card yet- I'm trying to take advantage of that offer so I didn't want to ding my credit if it wasn't necessary.

And thank you for clarifying on the dining plan. I asked her (a supervisor) about three times "are you sure about that?"... I guess there's some internal miscommunication within Chase.

I don't have the card yet- I'm trying to take advantage of that offer so I didn't want to ding my credit if it wasn't necessary.

And thank you for clarifying on the dining plan. I asked her (a supervisor) about three times "are you sure about that?"... I guess there's some internal miscommunication within Chase.

The offer for the no annual fee card? $200 statement credit after spending $500 within the first three months of account opening?

But, as long as it's a package (which yours is), you get the 6 months 0% APR from each charge. So you could charge $500 each month for 7 months and get it for a while. Just remember to make the minimum payment due...

Not sure this is right place to post this. We have an unusual situation pertaining to Disney Visa 0% Promo. We were at WDW this Aug-Sept for 2 weeks. Stayed at 2 different Disney Hotels. Our Package of Room And Tickets was on our First Hotel. Promo Started counting down when we Paid with Disney Visa. However, we usually pay our balance on the card every month. The Promo shows differently than the current months charges. Any Credits from returns ( from anywhere, Walmart, Disney, Amazon etc) or cancelled extra cost Disney Events say, because of weather, such as Hurricane Dorian, have been applied to the 0% promo not to the current billing cycles balance. This has greatly reduced the amount left on the Promo, but also kept our monthly charges higher. Chase says that is how it works! So, it seems, the advertised Promo only works if you have no credits of any kind for the term of the promo. Has anyone else bumped into this. We have tried for many hours and multiple Chase reps to this figured out. Does anyone know who at Disney is the coordinator of the Chase Card programs?

Yes, That is how it works. Your cardholder agreement says that any payment is applied to the balance with the lowest interest rate. A refund would be considered a payment.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer. It seems then the 0% only works if your are currently running a balance on your card and paying interest fees on that ongoing balance.

Thank you for your answer. It seems then the 0% only works if your are currently running a balance on your card and paying interest fees on that ongoing balance.
You will always get 0% interest on cruises and packages. I don't use the card for anything other than either of the two. The offer doesn't work well if you're making other charges and carrying a balance. If you truly want 6 months to float a vacation expense. Use the card for that only and pay it off in 6 months and you will not pay any interest.

I never carry a balance and never pay interest, but I do use the 0% finance offer. I usually budget to pay it off in 5 months. I pay the full “new charges” plus at least the minimum amount towards the promo balance. Yes, any refunds or credits, or extra payments, are applied to the promo balance so you do have to be aware of that impact if you make another large purchase that might be returned or cancelled.

Enjoy your vacation!

Just wanted to say about the claim that it must include dining plan that it would be impossible to do that in some places, like my home park Disneyland, because there is no dining plan :upsidedow. And I know you can get the 0% deal for Disneyland.

Has anyone received the 0% offer on a package balance that had already been partially paid? I am traveling with family and everyone is paying their portion. But the agent I spoke with said I would not qualify for the offer on my portion since the balance wasn’t the full amount (minus the deposit).

Has anyone received the 0% offer on a package balance that had already been partially paid? I am traveling with family and everyone is paying their portion. But the agent I spoke with said I would not qualify for the offer on my portion since the balance wasn’t the full amount (minus the deposit).

It doesn't need to be the full amount.

Thanks. I'll try again. The agent was pretty insistent. I guess I'll have to keep calling until I get the right agent.

Thanks. I'll try again. The agent was pretty insistent. I guess I'll have to keep calling until I get the right agent.
Just call and make a payment towards that reservation, don't worry about discussing the Disney Visa. I think it may need to be over $100 to qualify for the financing, but otherwise there is nothing special required. The phone rep taking the payment info doesn't need to "do" anything to trigger the offer, Chase's system will automatically assign it to the financing offer based on the vendor info on the charge.

Someone can make multiple payments using a Disney Visa and each payment qualifies for it's own 6-month period, so there is no requirement to pay-in-full.

Enjoy your vacation!

Just call and make a payment towards that reservation, don't worry about discussing the Disney Visa. I think it may need to be over $100 to qualify for the financing, but otherwise there is nothing special required. The phone rep taking the payment info doesn't need to "do" anything to trigger the offer, Chase's system will automatically assign it to the financing offer based on the vendor info on the charge.

Someone can make multiple payments using a Disney Visa and each payment qualifies for it's own 6-month period, so there is no requirement to pay-in-full.

Enjoy your vacation!

^^What she said!^^

Follow up...can I make the payment online too or do I have to call?
You can pay off your package however you'd normally use your credit card. As lanejudy said, the package payment will be given the promotional rate automatically, whether you make the payment online, over the phone, or in person, as long as it is clear to the Chase system that you are purchasing a Disney vacation package using your Disney Visa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!