Disney Villa Booking - Reservation Directly Through Disney (not a rental)

TeamSy

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Looking for confirmation on this -- we want to stay in a 1 bedroom villa and are NOT dvc members.

1. If we book directly through the Disney website just like we would a hotel room (I think some people call this a cash reservation but I may be mis-labeling), will we get DAILY housekeeping?

2. Many years ago we went through renting from a member and there was NOT daily housekeeping. We ended up adding on trash and towel service for a cost per day. Is it true, if we went this route (rented points and did NOT book through Disney), we CANNOT do this anymore, as they have not brought it back? In this instance we would get it on the 4th day, or whatever they are doing and CANNOT spend additional to get it daily?

However, if we get a 1 bedroom through disney (and did not rent points), just as you would a hotel room, we WILL get DAILY housekeeping included in our stay?

Thanks!!

Hi,

Looking for confirmation on this -- we want to stay in a 1 bedroom villa and are NOT dvc members.

1. If we book directly through the Disney website just like we would a hotel room (I think some people call this a cash reservation but I may be mis-labeling), will we get DAILY housekeeping?

2. Many years ago we went through renting from a member and there was NOT daily housekeeping. We ended up adding on trash and towel service for a cost per day. Is it true, if we went this route (rented points and did NOT book through Disney), we CANNOT do this anymore, as they have not brought it back? In this instance we would get it on the 4th day, or whatever they are doing and CANNOT spend additional to get it daily?

However, if we get a 1 bedroom through disney (and did not rent points), just as you would a hotel room, we WILL get DAILY housekeeping included in our stay?

Thanks!!
You are correct. With a cash stay, you should receive full daily housekeeping.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/housekeeping-service/

If you stay on DVC points (rented or otherwise), you'll get daily trash service, with towel service on your fourth day (or a full cleaning, if you're staying 8 or more nights).

Anecdotally, if you are lucky, you may get more extensive or frequent service than that. In August, we stayed 3 nights at the Grand Floridian in a DVC "resort studio" on rented points. Not only did we get daily trash and towel service, but our beds were freshly remade and coffee/toiletries were refilled daily, and we received an unsolicited full cleaning on day 2. Of course, since by renting points we were paying barely more than half of what the nightly rack rate was for that room, we'd have felt it was all worth it even if we'd received no housekeeping at all! YMMV.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/resort-reservations/housekeeping-request

Last edited:
Cash stay gets full daily housekeeping.

For cash stays, trash pick up is hit or miss. Sometimes it's daily, sometimes it's not. As this is usually done as part of the security checks, I've found it hit or miss. You can also request additional towels at no cost.

1. Yes it’s supposed to work that way. (See below)

2. DVC has not brought back the option to pay for daily housekeeping.

Per WDW:

During Your Stay
You can expect housekeeping services throughout your stay. Here is the schedule:

• Rooms at Disney Moderate and Disney Value Resorts will receive housekeeping service every other day
  • Rooms at Disney Deluxe Resorts will receive daily full housekeeping service
  • Rooms at Disney Deluxe Villas will receive daily full housekeeping service unless using Disney Vacation Club Member Points or Member Cash Discount
If you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member using your Membership to stay, you’ll receive service on the 4th and 8th days, unless you decide to decline the service.

Personally we haven’t had a hard time with DVC housekeeping. I do miss the beds getting made! But trash is getting removed almost every day, and we’ve been able to get clean towels and/or additional supplies (coffee, cups, whatever, etc) quickly and easily through a call to housekeeping.

You are correct. With a cash stay, you should receive full daily housekeeping.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/housekeeping-service/

If you stay on DVC points (rented or otherwise), you'll get daily trash service, with towel service on your fourth day (or a full cleaning, if you're staying 8 or more nights).

Anecdotally, if you are lucky, you may get more extensive or frequent service than that. In August, we stayed 3 nights at the Grand Floridian in a DVC "resort studio" on rented points. Not only did we get daily trash and towel service, but our beds were freshly remade and coffee/toiletries were refilled daily, and we received an unsolicited full cleaning on day 2. Of course, since by renting points we were paying barely more than half of what the nightly rack rate was for that room, we'd have felt it was all worth it even if we'd received no housekeeping at all! YMMV.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/resort-reservations/housekeeping-request
Wow that is really lucky!!!

We are looking at doing a split stay. We took advantage of a bounce back offer and booked Grand Floridian for a few nights, but would like to extend the trip, and for the rest of the stay move to an Epcot area resort. We have two little kids and I thought it would be nice to spread out in a one bedroom. Considering the 1 bedroom at Beach Club. We were also looking at a regular room at Yacht Club. I know if I try to justify the cost of the 1 bedroom I won't, so I don't know that I want to try to lol. Although we won't cook, I like the idea of a full fridge for drinks and snacks. We do usually do an Instacart order and it gets a bit cramped. I love the idea of packing less and being able to wash clothes, throw our reusable water bottles in the dishwasher at the end of the day, etc. I also like the idea of having that space away from the kids so they can get to sleep if we still want to watch tv or get ready for the next day.

The price difference for a 1 bedroom is about $1600. I feel like I won't regret the extra space and we can plan for that price difference while we are still so many months out. If we rented the 1 bedroom from a member vs a cash reservation the cost difference is about $570. At the end of the day is housekeeping worth that much? No. But will I love it while I'm there (since there's no guarantee we'll get lucky like you did)... yes. I also do like that it's less up front (I think it's only like 1 night and the rest due at check in), and the cancelation policy should something come out is much easier.

Either way I feel like I need to pull the plug and book lol.

Since you seem pretty set on getting DAILY housekeeping just FYI… keep your expectations of “daily” in line- it’s more of a guideline/daily-ish sorta situation with Disney...
What do you mean? We stayed at CR and AKL (in regular hotel rooms) with no issues these past two years. Has there been a problem with housekeeping and villa reservations?

What do you mean? We stayed at CR and AKL (in regular hotel rooms) with no issues these past two years. Has there been a problem with housekeeping and villa reservations?
I stayed BWI, BC and YC on different trips for about 3-4 days each the last couple years in normal rooms. Not once did I manage to get housekeeping every single day. Consider yourself lucky, I know I am not alone. Disney Housekeeping’s inability to hit rooms as promised is fairly frequently reported at all hotel levels. They’re doing better than they were a year ago though!

We stayed cash at OKW in Sept and had daily housekeeping every day of our 9 day stay except for 1 day. Wasn’t a big deal.

Stayed at CCV for 11 nights on a cash stay in September, we got service 5 nights.... we saved on tips (and we tip daily, so not due to that). We called housekeeping twice about it, they apologized and said it wouldn't happen again. It did. It was still a good trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter