Disney using Riviera for cash reservations.

JOLT

Mouseketeer
Wouldn't it be beneficial to bump cash guests to Riviera and try and sell them DVC? Play on the Disney high and try and convince the guests that they can stay at Riviera for the same price as a moderate.

Rumors from my sources are that yes, Disney is hoping to be able to move guests from closed resorts to open spots in DVC...once parks open..but those guests won’t get to pick.

Yesterday, they opened up the system to allow guests with June stays prior to June 21st, to modify and change dates to a DVC resort or Ft. Wilderness, from July 11th to end of year...but it was not free and guest did have to pay the difference.

Not many reports though yet of actual changes or people having luck with finding rooms in July

Yes DVC can rent out more rooms for cash than they can for DVC stays at RIV for members. I think the resort is about 33% declared. I’m sure someone has the exact percentage.

Yes DVC can rent out more rooms for cash than they can for DVC stays at RIV for members. I think the resort is about 33% declared. I’m sure someone has the exact percentage.

Pretty close..maybe 35%...but that leaves 65% for them to do with what they want,

And, within 60 days, they can even pull from the 35% of declared rooms if not yet booked by members.

Wouldn't it be beneficial to bump cash guests to Riviera and try and sell them DVC? Play on the Disney high and try and convince the guests that they can stay at Riviera for the same price as a moderate.
I have read many reports on facebook that if you have a stay at a closed resort and call Disney they are saying that you can move to a deluxe dvc resort, but you must pay the difference. In my opinion there are 2 factors at work here. 1 Disney is looking for people to cancel. They don't want more people on site. 2. They are not going to give an All Stars guest that paid $150 for a room a $600 deluxe resort room. The person that paid $600 for their room would have a fit, and rightfully so.

I have read many reports on facebook that if you have a stay at a closed resort and call Disney they are saying that you can move to a deluxe dvc resort, but you must pay the difference. In my opinion there are 2 factors at work here. 1 Disney is looking for people to cancel. They don't want more people on site. 2. They are not going to give an All Stars guest that paid $150 for a room a $600 deluxe resort room. The person that paid $600 for their room would have a fit, and rightfully so.

The only guests who have to pay is if they move the trip. If someone is going from June 22nd to July 4th..current dates effected...and wants to keep the trip, they will be moved to DVC or Ft Wilderness for free.

Right now, there have been reports of guests from values and moderates who have been moved for free during those current dates to SSR, OKW, BLT and Ft Wilderness...

But, the free move comes with no choice. Disney assigns, Those that have June trips through July 4th that want to change dates, can only change to a DVC or Ft Wilderness, but must pay difference.

However, once more resorts open, they can modify to another open resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!