Disney trip with large group of 12

We usually travel with a group of 10-12. Our last trip was 12. It’s usually me,DH, our four adult and one Disney adult children, two SOs, my mom, sister and her husband. We have longer stays 9-12 days. We tend to stay together on park days, split up on down days. The girls like to shop, the guys golf and I lay by the pool in solitude.

we just has a trip that involved 13 people over the course of 8 days, things we all resolved before hand
1) not everyone needs to do everything together
2) not everyone needs to do everything (probably, not everyone WANTS to do everything)
3) Understand that some of the older and younger folks may run out of steam earlier than expected
4) have a good plan for the mornings, when things are less busy be more flexible in the afternoons
5) get memory maker!
6) it's not your fault if someone else is unhappy!

our only snafu really, was that the grandparents wanted to be the more active part of the group, pretty much at all times, that was great most of the time. When their slow walking or need to use the bathrooms while trying to rope drop got in the way of getting on TT or FoP first thing in the morning, it meant we needed to have a little heart-to-heart. But ended up working out fine on later rope drop days. You're going to have a great time and the kids are going to remember it forever.

I've found that large groups, even family, shouldnt plan every moment together. We usually plan on a dinner each night and everyone does their own thing during the day. Maybe smaller sections of the larger group spends a day together but that kind of closeness breeds issues due to varying personalities. Plan special events together and such but dont stay under each others feet.

I've found that large groups, even family, shouldnt plan every moment together. We usually plan on a dinner each night and everyone does their own thing during the day. Maybe smaller sections of the larger group spends a day together but that kind of closeness breeds issues due to varying personalities. Plan special events together and such but dont stay under each others feet.

It depends on the dynamics of the family. See my post on the first page.

It depends on the dynamics of the family. See my post on the first page.
This. And in our case, no one else in our large group has been before so they don’t feel comfortable splitting up or doing their own thing. Hopefully once we are there it will change a bit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter