Disney Trip from Santa - packaging/reveal ideas??

dancermommy1

Mouseketeer
Hi all, we are WDW junkies, and have gone every year since 2012. My son is 7 now. We were at Disney in September, and had a good time, but he got sick while we were there, throwing up and running a fever, so he didn't enjoy it as much as we normally do (I know, I know, first world problems, woe is me, etc...). Also, as we always go in the fall, he said "I think it would be fun to see it all decorated for the holidays....

At any rate, at a weak moment one night I was looking at what we might do for our next annual trip, when I ran across the "magical gift of Disney" that comes with the special magic bands. Don't ever look at WDW at night :D .... anywho, I booked a second trip - for January 1-5. It will be Santa's gift to both him and my husband (we are staying at the resort he really wanted to go to next).

My question is.... it isn't really a tangible thing on Christmas day, it's just a box of magic bands. How can I (very cheaply or free) make it more "magical" to open?? Since it isn't our first visit, a "first visit" kind of package or plush or mouse ears won't really be that interesting. I thought about getting some balloons, but 1) I hate balloons and 2) you can't really sneak balloons past a husband. I thought about a snowglobe, but the Disney authentic ones that aren't just cheap plastic are too pricey.

Thank you in advance for helping me with my completely unimportant extravagance that I am somewhat embarrassed to admit to.

Ignore this. . . I can't figure out how to delete my post, but I answered my own question after re-reading your post :)

What about something where you print out some pictures of where you'll be staying (I know you all know the place, but some promotional shots that drive home the excitement) or some nice Disney shots with the trip dates and a note from Mickey or some characters that says something like, "I know it's only been a few months, but we miss you too much! Come back to visit January...." You could even sneak in any plushes or character toys that you already own (to present the invitation?) or buy a new plush if you can get a good price?

Super fun to surprise both your son and husband! Maybe set up a scavenger hunt around your house where you wrap boxes that contain the next clue, then the final box will have a picture of the resort or something in it?

I would totally do a disney scavenger hunt, look up some youtube videos of other families celebration/surprises to get some ideas.

for one of our "surprise" gifts, we had a gift bag with a recordable message, which played when the bag was opened. We recorded the "you're going to Disney world" message. Needless to say, it was a very happy surprise on Christmas morning.

You could do a variation of what I am doing for Xmas for my god daughter. She just discovered Harry Potter in a big way and has been begging me to add Universal to next June's trip. I broke down and bought her and her parents 2 park/ 1day tickets to Universal. I went to our local mall where girls sigh Xmas ornaments and hired one to write her a letter in old style English calligraphy. The letter is from Harry Potter inviting her to Daigon Alley (hope I spelled that right) and to take the Hogwars train and to come to Hogwarts. This beautiful letter is what she is getting on Xmas day. You could find someone and have Santa invite him to WDW.

I considered wrapping up a countdown chain. Depending on how far away your trip was, that could work. Something like this:
cba42609936641e58cba0e61b2f39aae.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter